Sponsored by:

WEC Magnesium Wheels for the RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Stgrt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deleted.

Last edited by Stgrt; 04-17-2020 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:17 PM
CanadaRS
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
Any updates on these wheels?
Actually received the wheels about 6 weeks ago. Unannounced and contrary our agreement with a steep customs bill since the sender in Germany marked the full purchase value. Originally Marius had promised me a proforma shipping invoice and a direct drop from Germany to bypass US customs. That is one reason why I forwarded the funds in January on good faith. Next surprise was that the wheels were silver while I had requested Titanium finish.
None of my e-mails to Marius have been answered after this.

Wheels look great and are incredibly light, the front end and steering feels lighter and more precise however I could be imagining this as well.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:48 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Wow! sorry to hear man..

@ KA, The man deserves more than answers!
Old 09-27-2016, 09:04 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They are gorgeous.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:13 AM
mdkim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG those looks fabulous! I need to start saving.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:17 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

stunning.
i have a set or two of those inbound. lighter then FI-r... well my wallet is A LOT lighter too.
dont ask the $...
Old 09-28-2016, 01:42 AM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

Thanks for the update. Shame about the trouble you had to go through to get them. They look great though. Very special.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:04 AM
911_RS
Racer

[QUOTE=CanadaRS;13635754]Actually received the wheels about 6 weeks ago. Unannounced and contrary our agreement with a steep customs bill since the sender in Germany marked the full purchase value. Originally Marius had promised me a proforma shipping invoice and a direct drop from Germany to bypass US customs. That is one reason why I forwarded the funds in January on good faith. Next surprise was that the wheels were silver while I had requested Titanium finish.

Wheels look great and are incredibly light, the front end and steering feels lighter and more precise however I could be imagining this as well.

Congrats on the wheels! They look great on your uv RS!

Yeah Manthey Racing need to declare the full value, it's against their law to mark the price down... Well at least you got it!
Old 09-28-2016, 02:09 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

baller!
Old 09-28-2016, 03:22 AM
CanadaRS
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=911_RS;13636505]
Originally Posted by CanadaRS
Actually received the wheels about 6 weeks ago. Unannounced and contrary our agreement with a steep customs bill since the sender in Germany marked the full purchase value. Originally Marius had promised me a proforma shipping invoice and a direct drop from Germany to bypass US customs. That is one reason why I forwarded the funds in January on good faith. Next surprise was that the wheels were silver while I had requested Titanium finish.

Congrats on the wheels! They look great on your uv RS!

Yeah Manthey Racing need to declare the full value, it's against their law to mark the price down... Well at least you got it!
Interesting fact is that the value dec came from Konrad Motorsport and not Manthey, using full US retail cost, no export values given. No proper commercial customs invoice attached or anything, very unprofessional. Easier to buy direct in Germany and forget about their "US vendor"
Still waiting for the promised VLN invite to go with the purchase . Guess that turquoise Italian Audi did not do to well.
Think Marius is caught in the middle, however he will need to learn to communicate better. Wish him well and yes still thanks for the wheels.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:35 AM
911_RS
Racer

[QUOTE=CanadaRS;13636566]
Originally Posted by 911_RS

Interesting fact is that the value dec came from Konrad Motorsport and not Manthey, using full US retail cost, no export values given. No proper commercial customs invoice attached or anything, very unprofessional. Easier to buy direct in Germany and forget about their "US vendor"
Still waiting for the promised VLN invite to go with the purchase . Guess that turquoise Italian Audi did not do to well.
Think Marius is caught in the middle, however he will need to learn to communicate better. Wish him well and yes still thanks for the wheels.
Oh really? That's odd... It should be all complete with a proper invoice etc. that's the reason why I went straight to MR. But also I didn't get any VLN invite

Quick Reply: WEC Magnesium Wheels for the RS