consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

great thread!!
Old 07-18-2015, 10:22 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep it coming please Eduardo - these threads are so interesting.

It would be fantastic to find out more on the MBM (magic bamboo metallic). Even though the sample was tiny I have a feeling a GT3 &/or RS would like stunning in this color. Has it knocked off Vodoo blue as the #1 color?
Old 07-18-2015, 10:56 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I wonder if this new metallic green might be offered on the rumoured GT2RS. Perhaps it's similar to Viper Green Metallic on this 930 (below)? IMO a modern metallic paint could look really good on the new monster turbo.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:04 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim
Nice wing comparison pic.

Eduardo, thanks for the great posts, as always.
Thanks for all that you do. The information that you provide is quite fascinating. BTW, is that a Club Blau front bumper I see?
Old 07-19-2015, 02:48 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Fascinating. Thank you Eduardo, and please thank your wife for being so understanding of the time and effort you put to inform this community during your vacation time.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:26 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by br911
Fascinating. Thank you Eduardo, and please thank your wife for being so understanding of the time and effort you put to inform this community during your vacation time.
+1
Old 07-19-2015, 06:55 AM
SuperDarius
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

[/B]
Saludos,
Eduardo
Franconia, Germany
Is she?
Old 07-19-2015, 07:54 AM
juncinv
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Eduardo. Without you we would be lost.
The King of PTS. Much appreciated.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Interesting shipping wrapping option on the 991 gt3 RS!

Originally Posted by SuperDarius
Is she?
Is this your car Darius? I don't think so...just based on its shipping wrap option. More on that subject in one minute.

Frankly, 'Lava Orange' 991 gt3 RS are more common than 'high summer temperatures' right now at Zuffenhausen! The color is everywhere...on RS, on 991s, on just about anything that moves! For example, in the afternoon of July 16th (Thursday) when I briefly took these photos at the back parking lot at Adestrasse, the majority of all 991 gt3's in the parking lot waiting to be shipped out were 'Lava Orange'!

I was only able to pick out the VIN # on ONE 991 gt3 RS at that lot. It's the 'Lava Orange' on the left by the car carrier truck in the above photo. I was able to focus on it's production tag visible on its front windshield. It seems to indicate that it was built the day before this photo was taken - 15th of July! If any of you know your VIN # and dealer #, you can identify this car as yours!

Shipping Wrapping Options on the RS

It seems to me that white foil wrap is on every Porsche vehicle that leaves production, whether going by truck or rail to Europe or by ship overseas. But I only saw additional loose wrapping (like a modern synthetic material car cover) on 991 gt3 RS's that seemed to be going by boat to their respective foreign markets.

Here is 991 gt3 RS going to overseas market via ship. Notice that doors covers are rolled up. But these door flaps will be rolled down once car is on carrier (truck, rail & boat) that takes them to their home market. Then it becomes like a full car cover, not just the partial vinyl wrap done on most models!

Here is 991 gt3 RS going to domestic European market via truck or enclosed rail car. Just white vinyl wrap that we are quite used to seeing:

Here is a 991 gt3 RS going to be delivered to either German or foreigner via Factory Delivery with no foil of any type:

Normal 991, 981 and gt3's (whether going to domestic markets in Europe or overseas market like America) do not seem to merit the special full cover.

Note this normal gt3:

And this load of various new Porsches, including an expensive 911 Turbo, going out by truck:

So some Porsches are better taken care than others...which is not really surprising, but good news for RS owners!

So in your case Darius, I would concentrate on trying to figure out a 'Lava Orange' RS vehicle in that lot with barely any wrapping since it will be a short ride to your European home market! Good luck and I wish your RS's quick arrival to your dealership!

Saludos,
Eduardo
On my way to Volkach, Franconia
Old 07-19-2015, 08:48 AM
Ma991
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazing stuff, thanks Eduardo.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:06 AM
SuperDarius
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Eduardo,thanks for your post!

No,i think is not mine,due mine if all is right will come out of production tomorrow,And then will go to exclusive for two/three days...then will be ready to ship,i was joking.

About the covers of the GT3RS,they get the "full" covers also if they have euro delivery.i saw a truck coming to Italy with RS packaged like the one that go oversea....i think is due to the Carbon parts and for the roof...i don't think for over reason,due the TUrbo S costs the same but has not this kind of cover.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,147 Likes on 500 Posts

Eduardo, very nice trip and write up.

I wonder if my car is one of the cars you have seen on the lot, you know it's that bright lava orange one........oh wait, there is a lot full of them haha.

But hone again you might have just missed it. It finished production back on July 10th and it might be loaded onto a transport already.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperDarius
Eduardo,thanks for your post!

No,i think is not mine,due mine if all is right will come out of production tomorrow,And then will go to exclusive for two/three days...then will be ready to ship,i was joking.

About the covers of the GT3RS,they get the "full" covers also if they have euro delivery.i saw a truck coming to Italy with RS packaged like the one that go oversea....i think is due to the Carbon parts and for the roof...i don't think for over reason,due the TUrbo S costs the same but has not this kind of cover.
OK, that is good to know. But about half of the RS's on that lot didn't have the 'car covers' at all. But they had the adhesive white vinyl wrap.

So either these 'naked' 991 gt3 RS are strictly for domestic Germany delivery (which will not need the cover) or perhaps some are waiting for their
'Sonderwünsch' options & will eventually get the 'car cover' after that work is done.

By the way, we just arrived at the Romantik Hotel Zur Schwane in Volkach. Technically, this is part of Bavaria. But the locals called this area Franconia
and feel a bit different from other Bavarians. And it's the home of some of my favorite wine - Franken. This medieval town is on the Main river.

I have been coming to this town since 1981...that is over 34 years! It's a fairly new town for Europe...it was founded in 906 AD. I'll have more to say
about this interesting area in future posts. In fact, the photos above are the ones I took two years ago. Today is too damn hot to take photos...and
the cobblestone street right in front of the hotel is all torn up under repair! So my old photos look much better!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Volkach, Franconia
Old 07-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Matt-R20
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 59 Posts

Keep it coming Eduardo!
Old 07-19-2015, 12:29 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Wow, Porsche even numbers their trucks after Porsche model numbers!

Epic work, Eduardo!

Quick Reply: Visit to Porsche & Germany - July 2015