Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 09:23 PM
SHAG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eduardo, you are amazing. Thank you!
Old 03-22-2015, 09:31 PM
mdkim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy soap operas batman!! Fascinating story and detective work.

Congrats on what will for sure be a stunning car! I couldn't agree more that it could not have happened to a more deserving enthusiast...I'm not even jealous!! Lol...well maybe a little bit.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:40 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Eduardo - congrats on the score!

Unbelievable work on your part with this whole story. Great detective work. This looks like it's been a full time job for quite a few days/weeks??

Mystery GT3 PTS dump across the U.S. exposed!! I can see it on TMZ tomorrow!
Old 03-22-2015, 09:45 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

I am pretty sure I know who the person in NC is that shared the information with you. I work with his father and they have quite the collection. I will ask him tomorrow. Maybe he can help with getting my GT3 RS in PTS.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:47 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

This is a major expose, Eduardo; thanks for bringing it to light - fascinating stuff.

Congratulations on securing one of the PTS cars. As has been said before: if anyone deserves it, it's you. I, like so many others here, tried and failed. I'll admit that I am left with a slightly bitter taste in my mouth towards Porsche and their sales policies. I am equally fascinated and frustrated reading what you have to say about this.

Keep up the stellar sleuthing.

P.S. If you find an extra green one, please throw it my way.

Vivian
Old 03-22-2015, 09:52 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RossL
Good question and yes I would if it has LWB and is reasonably optioned. It's the car I planned to get 2 years ago when I put down a deposit and it would be fantastic to actually get
No LWBs apparently (but I'm sure you can fix that yourself later if you really wish), with the rest of the reported spec in post #44. The black accents (wheels, and LEDs a la RS!!!) will be killer on fashion grey!
Old 03-22-2015, 09:55 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

P.S. Great job on the naughty & nice dealer list. I'm sure many will find it helpful for future dealers which to do business with.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:33 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

first congrats to Eduardo
second, someone at PCNA shouLd look at this thread. why offer PTS at all, why secretly, why no known rules and protocol to get PTS?

I beleive we sent ppl to the moon in 68 or 69
I think now is 2015
it can it be that hard to get paint to match regardless of plastic magnesium alum or whatever. what really is the issue mr Porsche?

do the exec at PCNA PAG know this? how do they sleep at night?
Old 03-22-2015, 10:35 PM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by <3mph
No LWBs apparently (but I'm sure you can fix that yourself later if you really wish), with the rest of the reported spec in post #44. The black accents (wheels, and LEDs a la RS!!!) will be killer on fashion grey!
I saw that car and it's not for me. Illuminated door sills is too much bling. Not to mention the 4 way seats. Thanks for assisting though. I'll keep my white one for now and get denied another PTS on the RS which I'm waiting to hear back on (we all know it's already a no) and then might say F PAG and take my 200k elsewhere.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:36 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Eduardo really outdid himself on this paper chase caper.

Like others here, so frustrated that we couldn't order pts, then they do this, then allow the dealers to charge over msrp.

I would love a signal green gt3, but the combination of no lwb, no pccb, speccd with options I don't care about, and over msrp pricing, has deterred me for the moment. I love everything about how I speccd my car, just wanted a bright fun color. Not sure that I am willing to trade a cool color for a cool spec, and pay a premium for it. Might just need to wait (optimistically) for a pts RS allocation.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:41 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
I am leatherless as well :thumbs up:
me three...
Old 03-22-2015, 10:43 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Congratulations Eduardo. I wanted a signal green GT but could not get one due to Porsche's PTS game playing shenanigans.

I ended up with GR which I love, but I would have been thrilled to the bone with signal green.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:04 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Eduardo,

With honest tenacity and perseverance, along with trying to help others, comes rewards. You certainly deserve this one!

I, personally, would be shocked if you were to get a response from Detlev (sp?).

Congrats again and thank you for all the work you've done in revealing (exposing) all these back-room shenanigans by PAG.

^sorry John for using the same word to describe PAG's actions here as I was writing my post, didn't see it. "if the shoe fits..."
Old 03-22-2015, 11:11 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations Eduardo. As has been said so much already but is worth repeating again, you deserve getting your PTS Signal Green GT3. Spectacular!

But I can't help but wonder, what is next ... the detective story is fascinating, but will your illumination of the goings on work to create change and openness in the program in the future? Let's hope so. Can PCNA take any approach to curb excessive dealer overcharges in the GT3 marketplace, even more importantly will they?

I await your next chapter in the saga ... You and George R.R. Martin are keeping us at the edge of our 4-way adjustable seats
Old 03-22-2015, 11:47 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations Eduardo! That is one hell of a story! Should be made into a movie!
Signal green rocks! No one deserves more than you! Way to go! Can't wait to see pictures when it gets here.

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!