Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vanuatu Fundraiser - Cyclone PAM - Help Macca help those in need...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 12:56 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Vanuatu Fundraiser - Cyclone PAM - Help Macca help those in need...

Fellow Rennlisters, friends, and Porsche Addicts.

No doubt you are all aware of the Category 5 Cyclone PAM which ravished the southern islands of Vanuatu (South Western Pacific) including the capital on Efate on Friday 13 March, 2015.

Many of you will also know Efate is our place of permanent residence. We were in Mexico at the time of the cyclone but returned immediately arriving three days after the event. We are now on the ground and able to understand first-hand the extent of the damage and hardship the Cyclone had brought many people.

Please could you take a look at our small fund raiser below. We would really like to help those families we are close to and their extended families in the village, rebuild their homes and their lives. Joanna (my wife) and I have already contributed alot of our own time and money ensuring many of the people of our local village have been accommodated and medicated straight after the Cyclone. We need to continue these efforts and your contribution no matter how small or great would be appreciated...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...mes-in-vanuatu

Cheers - Macca

P.S. Rennlist is a great place, its been the lounge room in my home for many years, essentially an extension of my own home where I have met many fantastic folk, made many friends and even "physically" met many of those who I have befriended. Ive always tried to be generous with my time and any small knowledge I may have here. Its a really great place, we have received many emails of concern since the cyclone reached international news on the weekend and Id like to thank everyone here for that, as time is limited for us and internet access not the easiest to get right now...
Old 03-21-2015, 01:11 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Macca...contribution made. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Vanuatu.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:13 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Rockitman. Very generous of you too. Ill personally make sure every dollar of that works to make someone's life better after this event, If you are ever down our way please make sure you drop me a PM so I can arrange to thank you in person and over a beer!
Old 03-21-2015, 01:27 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Contributed Macca; wish you & everyone effected a speedy recovery.
Our prayers are with you all.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:01 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi Rockitman. Very generous of you too. Ill personally make sure every dollar of that works to make someone's life better after this event, If you are ever down our way please make sure you drop me a PM so I can arrange to thank you in person and over a beer!
I will take you up on that.. interestingly, I never have heard of Vanuatu until I saw a CNN documentary with Bill Weir on the Country about two weeks ago. Beautiful place and culture.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:09 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Mark:

made a donation. Good luck to everyone from Germany!!

Peter
Old 03-21-2015, 09:54 AM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks for setting this up, Mark. I just contributed as well.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:06 AM
Slip
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 21 Posts

Macca, contribution from Aus has been made.

Glad to hear that you're doing ok and happy to help out with your fundraiser. When you think how much can be spent on some tires for the track or on some pieces of carbon or accessory for a car without a second thought it doesn't take much to dig a bit deeper and help the less fortunate get back on their feet.

Seb.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:50 AM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Donation made! Thanks for including the rennlist community. Please keep us posted on progress as you find time. My parents were at the epicenter of Hurricane Andrew in '92 so I understand the destruction. I cannot imagine having to deal with it in an island community. Good luck and God bless!

Dave
Old 03-21-2015, 10:58 AM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your good work. Will try to enlist a few others.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:03 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Done, make it happen Macca!

Just like after hurricanes in Florida I'm sure it looks like a Warzone.
But here things are removed a bit easier..

We just hit 25% of the amount posted as "goal" in less than 12 hours.
It shouldn't take a bunch of overachieving GT3 drovers more than a few day to achieve that goal multiple times over...

Step up gentleman.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:44 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What a great picture on the page...they are all still smiling after what they've been through. Just sent a contribution as well.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:45 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Mark,

I hope you don't mind my posting an alternative but, for those of us who make charitable contributions that are clearly tax deductible and wish to help kids:

https://www.unicefusa.org/donate/cyc...FZeVfgodjr0AQA

I encourage others to donate to your fund but suggest the alternative if tax or focus is a preference. Glad to hear your pet is well.

Dan (does all charitible donations through his accountant)
Old 03-21-2015, 12:51 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Over 33%

I thought about the tax deduction. But with Mark on the ground with a cause close to his heart and making sure about spending every dollar wisely I think these dollars will have the greatest efficiency.

No payroll / Managment fudge losses.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:21 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What an admirable, selfless effort to help your island neighbours! Especially while you yourselves are no doubt facing tremendous personal losses to property and belongings. I have heard such wonderful things about the people of Vanuatu from a local friend, Dr. Jay Aiken, who with his family spent 6 months working on Tanna in 2010. Our thoughts are with you and your community as you rebuild together.

Quick Reply: Vanuatu Fundraiser - Cyclone PAM - Help Macca help those in need...