991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The modegrau / Fashion grey thread

Old 03-14-2015, 12:05 PM
ilGalante
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely gorgeous, I' beyond insanely jealous! I tried to get that same color in PTS but my allocation fell during a "we won't do any more PTS GT3's at the moment." Congrats!!!
Old 03-14-2015, 12:16 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

I love the history lesson and the passion! Your intro thread tugs on my two wants- a PTS modern GT car, and a classic Porsche, like a 356. Ideally like the gentleman in California you get a classic Porsche to match your new GT3!

BTW, you not only have a GT3 unicorn in PTS, you have one of the few with LWB seats and the only one I have seen with the yellow centering stripe on the steering wheel- well you know that already! So obviously take care of her- hard one to replace, and as Jay Leno says, it's a dead man's car!
Old 03-14-2015, 12:33 PM
STALKER99
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Simply stunning.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:15 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Now this is how you introduce a custom PTS build. Awesome thread and even better GT3. I love both pearl grey and fashion grey...you hit it out of the park with your modegrau 3! I'm sure you'll find it was worth the wait!
Old 03-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Go Canada Go!

Daniel, first of all, congratulations on the arrival of your 'Modegrau/Fashion Grey' gt3. I am proud today to be honorary member of the Canadian Rennlist Club which numbers such a high percentage of custom orders in PTS. And I also want to tell how impressive is the dissertation on 'Modegrau' you have prepared and presented to us here on this forum!

Originally Posted by <3mph
History: 356 eraI'm no scholar of the annals of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, but here is a little information I've uncovered on the history of modegrau. (To all those who are truly in the know (Messrs. Paterek / Venegas / etc, you know who you are!), please update and/or amend this if you find any errors.)
I will shortly add my 'dos centavos worth' of updates & clarifications to what you have so enthusiastically written on this great & historic color. But for now, let me just tell you that the car is just stunning in this color and I hope you & your family enjoy it in good health!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-14-2015, 02:20 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

So, so nice!
Very "soothing" color combo
you made the right choice of wheel and headlamp colors to compliment the Fashion grey.
Congrats!
I'm jealous over the yellow steering wheel stripe
Old 03-14-2015, 02:21 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

P.S.--are you thinking over changing to clear side markers?

EDIT - never mind, I saw in the last picture that you already did
Old 03-14-2015, 02:27 PM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bravo!!

What an excellent post and intro to your PTS GT3. Just beautiful. Enjoy.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:14 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

A very informative and entertaining post.....thanks very much for taking the time to write, attach, and share....some interesting history.....beautiful color, especially on the GT3!
Old 03-14-2015, 05:19 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love the color! Congrats!!
Old 03-14-2015, 06:25 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Thanks! There may be a few more modegrau cars, including another GT3, coming soon (RLer anonymous918 may have the next one). Depending on PTS availability, hopefully we'll even see a GT3 RS and a GT4!
yup... I think my Fashion Grey GT3 is built this week, so hopefully i'll have it before the end of the month...
Old 03-14-2015, 09:46 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You are all very kind--thank you for your compliments!

Originally Posted by montoya
Ideally like the gentleman in California you get a classic Porsche to match your new GT3!
An excellent plan! Not all that realistic for me now. BTW, it would be nice for those of us in the Pacific Northwest to meet up together some day. There must be quite a few GT3s up here.

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
you made the right choice of wheel and headlamp colors to compliment the Fashion grey.
Congrats!
I'm jealous over the yellow steering wheel stripe
To be honest, I wrestled with some of these petty cosmetic decisions (black headlights vs LED, etc). In the end, I'm sure I would have been happy either way. As it stands, I'm happy. Including with that silly, little, yellow, expensive cloth stripe!

Originally Posted by PeteyDaddy
Love the color! Congrats!!
Means a lot coming from the owner of one of the most incredible GT3s out there! Thank you!

Originally Posted by anonymous918
yup... I think my Fashion Grey GT3 is built this week, so hopefully i'll have it before the end of the month...
Fantastic! I hope you love it as much as I do mine! And I'm looking forward to the big reveal soon!!
Old 03-14-2015, 10:02 PM
STALKER99
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

What part of Canada are you in? Would love to see it in person sometime.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:05 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by Z356
I will shortly add my 'dos centavos worth' of updates & clarifications to what you have so enthusiastically written on this great & historic color.
Thank you so much Eduardo! I really value your insightful posts, vast knowledge of hard to find information, and the spell-binding way in which you have elaborated on the rainbow of Porsche colours. I suspect you are the reason why PTS is so popular currently and why so many of us on RL are now happy PTS customers. I suspect you are the reason why PTS is so popular currently and why so many of us on RL are now jealous (me included, of you lucky Voodoo blue owners!!!)! Many of these PTS cars floating around for the next few decades are a bit of your legacy, no?

Given its popularity, hopefully the PTS program is expanded and made more accessible and user-friendly. I am so pleased to see the massive interest in historic Porsche colours and that people don't just want any green--but rather insist on RS green or Signal green or Birch green! It only can build better loyalty and relationships with the brand and has the potential for so much good for the company and its customers. While it's nice to have a very rare and unusual car, I think PAG could open the PTS door just a little wider without making anyone feel any less special. In fact, I rather like the fact that a few other modegrau cars are likely to join mine. BTW, you mentioned some news about (plural) fashion grey GT3s... this thread might be the perfect place to spill the beans! Again, thank you for your help and info, and I hope to meet you in person some day (in fact, we might be driving past your way in the next month or two, so who knows...).
Old 03-14-2015, 10:11 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by STALKER99
What part of Canada are you in? Would love to see it in person sometime.
We're in Vancouver and Victoria. Used to live in the Tdot about 15 years ago though. Let me know if you're ever out west and want to see the car. It's pretty nice out here, as my in-laws who've escaped Toronto snow to stay with us for the last couple of months will attest! BTW, your handle is giving me second thoughts about extending that invitation...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The modegrau / Fashion grey thread