Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2015 GT3 LWB Available in less than a month

Old 12-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 25 Posts
Default New 2015 GT3 LWB Available in less than a month

I know this will sound crazy, but I have decided not to purchase a 2015 GT3 (in standard white) with Lightweight Bucket Seats. I have lusted after this car since it was announced (really since I saw 997 GT3s on the road), but I know myself well-enough to know that it would serve too limited a use in my garage and for this much money, it doesn't make sense. I ended up buying a different Pcar from my dealer this past weekend.

I will be letting my salesperson know today but I would love to be able to have him still get the sale - so if you are seriously in the market for a new 2015 GT3 with LWB and fully loaded with an MSRP just under $160K (with steel brakes) in the Texas region, will you please send me a direct message with your contact info? I can then share with you the detailed build sheet and put you in touch with my sales rep after I let him know.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:59 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get a Turbo instead?
Old 12-31-2014, 10:28 AM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

No. Since I already have a 911-50th, I bought a Boxster GTS instead of the GT3. Based on some great feedback from this forum, I realized the 50th and the GT3 were similar enough to not make sense to have both. And while I would love to have a GT3 as my track car, it was too much for such a limited use. So I went with a new Boxster GTS as a car I could take on the track/driver events and it gives me a convertible again. I'm sure people will think I am crazy but I'm not yet to the point where I am a collector - I still focus on cars I can get tons of use out of.

I just let my salesperson know this AM so PM me if anyone is interested.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:16 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I almost went Boxster GTS as well for a convertible. I don't think your choice is crazy at all. I'm sure your 50th is a fun drive. Enjoy!

I honestly would take your car if it wasn't white. Unlike every body else, it is my least favorite color.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:20 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new one and have fun with it.

I won't call you crazy (yet) as mine is being transferred from port to dealer as we speak, so I haven;t driven it.

I'm sure the 50th and GTS will be a fun combo!
Old 12-31-2014, 01:27 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallas991
No. Since I already have a 911-50th, I bought a Boxster GTS instead of the GT3. Based on some great feedback from this forum, I realized the 50th and the GT3 were similar enough to not make sense to have both. And while I would love to have a GT3 as my track car, it was too much for such a limited use. So I went with a new Boxster GTS as a car I could take on the track/driver events and it gives me a convertible again. I'm sure people will think I am crazy but I'm not yet to the point where I am a collector - I still focus on cars I can get tons of use out of.

I just let my salesperson know this AM so PM me if anyone is interested.

Love the pict. in your avatar. Enjoy the Boxster GTS.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:32 PM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Thanks! Funny thing is I bought a new 911-50 in April, then sold it, then realized I was an idiot and found one exactly like I had but CPO with 3K miles and bought it again! I need to post some pics of my Boxster GTS. I went with Guards Red as I have never had a red car. Exhaust sounds amazing.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:00 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

The Boxster GTS is a great car. Whatever they did to the exhaust and engine does sound amazing! And it's not just the 'sound symposer' imported from the 991.

I would never take a 50th over a GT3, but don't think you are too crazy.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:22 PM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

To each their own! I definitely don't think the 911-50th can compare with the GT3...it's just that with that power kit, and the clean lines, it is more than enough car for me. I can only imagine how much better the GT3 would be on the track...but for everyday usage, it is more practical for me.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:05 PM
calpolo17
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallas991
I know this will sound crazy, but I have decided not to purchase a 2015 GT3 (in standard white) with Lightweight Bucket Seats. I have lusted after this car since it was announced (really since I saw 997 GT3s on the road), but I know myself well-enough to know that it would serve too limited a use in my garage and for this much money, it doesn't make sense. I ended up buying a different Pcar from my dealer this past weekend.

I will be letting my salesperson know today but I would love to be able to have him still get the sale - so if you are seriously in the market for a new 2015 GT3 with LWB and fully loaded with an MSRP just under $160K (with steel brakes) in the Texas region, will you please send me a direct message with your contact info? I can then share with you the detailed build sheet and put you in touch with my sales rep after I let him know.
I am interested in this vehicle but unable to private message yet. Would you mind sharing the dealer that the car will be arriving at and/or the build specifications?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2015 GT3 LWB Available in less than a month