Green color PTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Tryptomine
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Green color PTS

Hi guys,

Could you please tell me how many green colors i can choose in PTS and how do the look like ? Thinking about color to 991RS

1. Signal Green
2. Viper Green
3. Birch Green

When searching in internet all colors seems the same maybe anyone have photos how the look like ? I want the most shiny green but not very light )))

I found some photos :
But dont know the color names for them.

Found this colors but dont know the names.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:19 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think those are all the same color, just different lighting, exposure, etc. Either viper green or signal green. Very hard to tell them apart. I think signal.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:39 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Tryptomine
Eduardo will have good, educated guesses. I think the final GT3 is signal green ... looks amazing.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:42 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I saw a 7.1 turtle yesterday in Cupertino, on I-280 north just past CA-85. They sure do pop!
Old 09-09-2014, 10:47 PM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Second picture down is code 2D8 - Green - same as mine.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:06 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Green colors...

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Eduardo will have good, educated guesses.
Thanks for the compliment...but I already answered Trypto's initial color questions at another thread.

The top one (.1 997 gt3 RS) is 'RS Green', color code 2D8. It was a special color developed at first exclusively for the MY2007 gt3 RS. It has quite a bit of 'blue' tint in it. It's still available today via PTS...but it's now simply called 'Green'.

The next green one (.1 991 gt3 MY2014) we really don't yet know. It could be 'Viper', 'Signal Green 22S' or 'Green', all which are currently approved for PTS. All of these three colors are slightly different. We need confirmation from it's owner in Austria to know for sure. My guess, however, is 'Viper'.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post11618497

The third photo is of a '07/'08 gt3 RS in 'RS Green/2D8'.

The fourth photo (see attached #1 below) is of a European .2 997 gt3. The few 'Green' .2 997 & RS we got in the US via PTS custom orders were mostly 'RS Green' / 2D8 (currently available as 'Green' via PTS), which has a blue tint on the basic green color. The one in the photo below does appear to have a yellower tint. And thus I agree with SportsCentury that it looks a lot like PTS 'Signal Green'. And not only PTS 'Signal Green', but specifically the W25 variety (see photo #2) , rather than the currently approved 22S 'Signal Green'. W25 'Signal Green' is exactly the PTS paint on the 2007 .1 997 Carrera S that I used to own (photo #3)! I took this amateur photo of the W25 'Signal Green' next to an original gt3 RS in 'RS Green/2D8' back in 2009 or so. You can see that there is a difference in 'tint' between the two Green colors (photo #4). The W25 has a very large dose of 'yellow' tint in the 'Green'. The 2D8 has more 'blue' and I think it's closer to 'Viper' than 'Signal Green'! I still have the original factory rear deck lid in W25 'Signal Green' (photo #5) and you can see it near the rear of the PTS 'Viper' '14 911 Turbo S that PCNA bought to the PCA Parade in Monterey. Close...but no cigar (Photo #6).

But like others have said, photo camera lenses can misrepresent colors due to lighting, filters, etc. We need confirmation from 'Porsche Exclusive' as to what color code was used for this particular European .2 997 gt3. But whatever the color of the gt3 below, I absolutely love it!

You guys keep assisting Trypto if you have the patience...or he can contact 'Porsche Exclusive' in Das Fatherland!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images       

Last edited by Z356; 09-10-2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Add photos
Old 09-11-2014, 07:32 PM
DaveGordon
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm pretty sure that euro 3.8RS is signal green. It was at a dealer a couple of miles from my place and I saw it in the flesh. Very bright, with some yellow in as Eduardo wrote. It sat unsold for some time.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:01 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by mike5876
PTS no more Porsche shut it down for the rest of the production

Call me if you want more info I work at Champion Porsche

we have 3 allocations left if anyone wants one

mike 561-419-5939

Mike please check your PM
thanks
Bill
Old 09-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS shut down for rest of production?

Originally Posted by mike5876
PTS no more Porsche shut it down for the rest of the production
Folks:

PTS is still operational at PAG with gt3 and other models that normally can be ordered in paint to sample. It is just that PTS needs minimum of three months advance notice via the ordering system. So you need three months from date order is finalized & entered in the system to the scheduled date of production.

PTS '15 gt3's will still be produced from start of MY2015 this fall to end of November. But those orders were finalized over three months ago and the paint has been pre-ordered for it and other colored bits coordinated with the outside vendors. For some reason not yet explained, there is apparently no PTS production scheduled for December. But there will be PTS 991 gt3's as scheduled from now until November - many of them going to Rennlisters that ordered them long ago since some were '14 orders pushed into '15 due to 'stop sale'.

The most recent batches of '15 991 gt3 allocations were just announced by PCNA in the past two weeks. If indeed '15 991 gt3 production ends in December and that month does NOT allow PTS, this means there is not enough time to organize PTS for these cars in such short notice. They would have required three months - which will obviously not be possible on these NEW gt3 allocations just announced a few weeks ago (some still not yet finalized/ordered & scheduled for production). I feel as bad about this turn of events as many of you. If I was ordering a '15 gt3 and had my heart set on PTS, this inability to fulfill my dream custom order would have been extremely disappointing. And personally, nothing would have given me more pleasure as an enthusiast and avid promoter of PTS than to see a plethora of beautiful PTS colors on these '15 gt3's! But as critical as most of you know I am of 'Porsche Exclusive', this is really not their fault! PAG/PCNA unnecessarily delayed handing out the NEW '15 gt3 allocations until such late date that it was impossible for the PTS ordering system to work. Let's put the blame on PAG and/or PCNA for dragging their feet. I think I know why they did it...but it doesn't mean we should let them off the hook for it.

PTS is still going as scheduled for the rest of the 991 models. Here we are in September of 2014 and we already have at least these four MY2015 991's (see attached photos below) that have been done in PTS and delivered to their owners both here and in Europe! So most likely these PTS cars were done in July and are already shipped to end customers or dealers in far away places like the US! So PTS rolls forward...steadily & more beautiful than ever!

1) 'Mexico Blue' PTS '15 Targa (customer from Carmel, CA).
2) ''Lichtgrün' PTS '15 Targa (customer in Stuttgart, Germany).
3) 'Riviera Blue' or 'Mexico Blue' PTS '15 991 (at McKenna in CA)
4) 'Lichtgrün' PTS '15 Turbo S (at Porsche of San Diego, Ca).

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images     
Old 09-11-2014, 11:19 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Fwiw my supposed nov build with PTS is now actually a dec production. Maybe the very last of the PTS 991 GT3(.1)? Not sure what to make of the conflicting info about end date for PTS.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:04 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

I have to say that I would be happy for a rennlister, but FUMED at PCNA/PAG if I learned that any more GT3s could be PTS. I ran this far, far, far, far up the flagpole and was essentially told that PAG told top execs at PCNA that they were making no exceptions. Now, maybe if someone had their PTS order far in advance. But I would be shocked if any Nov-Jan builds were PTS for GT3. Like Eduardo, I was REALLY wanting to do this. I went back and forth and almost backed out of my order. Primary reason I decided to move forward is that I got put on list (with deposit given) for RS as part of the deal. We'll see how that works out. Love PTS idea so much that I was tempted to just go build a cool turbo s or c2s with it, but deep inside I know I would regret that :-(
Old 09-12-2014, 01:00 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

another one - signal yellow
Attached Images  
Old 09-12-2014, 02:20 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Now, maybe if someone had their PTS order far in advance. But I would be shocked if any Nov-Jan builds were PTS for GT3
That's exactly what happened I think. I was originally March 2014 build with PTS. Cat c. Perhaps now (one of?) the last of the cat c cars to get completed finally. Maybe that's why they felt obliged to still do PTS even in Dec for me. Would be grossly unfair if they reneged on my approved PTS now. I don't think you were discriminated against unfairly.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:22 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

another one - signal yellow
Yes...but that is a MY2014 PTS* built earlier this year.

http://mckenna.porschedealer.com/new...89838/info.php

The point I was trying to make is that since MY2015 regular 991 production began in Zuffenhausen (which was first week of June, 2014), PAG has already built & delivered a few PTS MY2015 991's to their clients. As you probably know, MY2015 991 gt3's were apparently delayed until production started in late August/early September (I don't have confirmation yet of exact date). These early ones are mostly those of '14 gt3 customers whose Spring 2014 gt3 allocations where eliminated as result of 'Stop-Sale'. They were assigned MY2015 gt3's production schedules way before 'new' '15 gt3 allocations were handed out by PCNA recently. Some of these 'moved-from-'14-to-'15' folks (e.g. <3mph) will be getting their long-awaited PTS '15 991 gt3's, although as you can see they're getting pushed back a bit in time!

I have to say that I would be happy for a rennlister, but FUMED at PCNA/PAG if I learned that any more GT3s could be PTS. I ran this far, far, far, far up the flagpole and was essentially told that PAG told top execs at PCNA that they were making no exceptions.
Don't get 'fumed' over this. Just charge PCNA higher rates on your next consulting for them...and then order a bespoke Ferrari! That will send a message they will surely understand.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*To see other PTS MY2014 991's that were recently for sale at US dealers see this other thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8231...s-dealers.html

Old 04-09-2015, 07:35 PM
NSX 3.0
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Digging up a old thread here. Found this pic looks to be out of the US looking at the plate. Just curious if anyone on the board here ordered a 07-08 GT3 in Green way back then as a non RS. I think this car is just perfect !
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Green color PTS