Sponsored by:

Number of delivered 991 GT3s returned to dealers

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 09:42 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Number of delivered 991 GT3s returned to dealers

We estimate approximately 100 GT3s so far delivered in North America, although we on Rennlist don't really know ... all now supposedly garaged or returned to the selling dealer. PAG and PCNA very likely have the numerical detail as to how many per state (or province) have been delivered (i.e. contract completed and paid for by customer) and how many of these have been returned to dealers.

It would be great for the customer base to have data as to how many of the delivered GT3s have been returned and are being inspected/assessed by dealers, under direction from PAG. Are different parts of USA and Canada being dealt with differently? ... I've yet to receive any PAG letter or e-mail, but have received several empathetic calls from my dealer. I'm in PA ... feel like I'm not getting same data (or lack of it) from PAG as other parts of continent.

I SOOO hope this story has a happy ending. I for one will not bolt after 30 days of "no drive" as am passionate about this car. This is not just a "on my bucket list" type of car. However, should customers who have taken delivery be sitting with an idled GT3 3 months out I think a significant minority will try to find other track car. After 6 months ... well u all go figure ...

If this week ends with great news, fantastic ... but I think it prudent to collect data if other rennlisters are willing. I would be willing to tally all responses by state and Canadian province and post on this thread frequently, the answers to the following 4 questions:
1. In what state or province (if in Canada) did you take delivery.
2. On what date did you take delivery.
3. Is your car still garaged under your control or returned to dealer control.
4. If returned to dealer control, when did you do so.

I returned my GT3 to dealer 3/06/14 due to multiple warnings on dash display when starting car (i.e. "Reduced engine performance ..." and "Engine control fault ..."

As perhaps only a minority of N.A. customers are currently Rennlist readers, this tallying will be only a portion of the whole picture ... nonetheless hope it may be representative of the customer community.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I think production date might also be useful, maybe even more so than delivered date. Anyway:

Finished production 11/25
Delivered 1/13
California
Kept in my garage

Hopefully info not needed.....
Old 03-09-2014, 10:15 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

^^Thx,
Add production date (if known) to data set .....
Old 03-09-2014, 10:44 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Texas, delivered 12/31. Don't recall production completion date or date of taking it in. Sorry, bad info I know.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:13 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

^^OK, but it's at dealer in TX.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:03 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

176 Total GT3s in North America now including delivered to owners and being held at dealers and ports.
My VIN 183249, Completed CP8.0 12/06/2013, Entry Port Emden 12/20/13, Exit Port Emden 12/27/13
Arrived Brunswick on Emerald Ace 1/10/14, PDI completed 1/14/14, Picked up at Dealer 1/17/14
Presently parked in my Hangar IMHO, "Their is no substitute" Can't wait to get back in the saddle!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Turbonation
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May be unrelated! Yet interesting observation. One frustrated Porsche dealer in the Middle East region, tells me, they've got 9 new GT3 delivered some time ago. No interest from Porsche customers! In contrast to previous versions of GT3, when units allocation by the factory get snapped up by clients well before arrival, or actual production!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:24 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
^^OK, but it's at dealer in TX.
yes
Old 03-10-2014, 08:34 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Originally Posted by Turbonation
May be unrelated! Yet interesting observation. One frustrated Porsche dealer in the Middle East region, tells me, they've got 9 new GT3 delivered some time ago. No interest from Porsche customers! In contrast to previous versions of GT3, when units allocation by the factory get snapped up by clients well before arrival, or actual production!
Why would a dealer have 9 (nine!) new 991 GT3s on the lot without a customer? Is there information available about the GT3s in the Middle East not available to N.A. customers ... or experience with early delivered GT3s that have made customers wary?

Be great to hear from Arth and others in the Middle East.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:50 AM
Turbonation
Intermediate

I can check on this point, yet from what I gathered in a short message received from Porsche manager in that country - not at liberty to which one - is a general lack of interest in PDK GT3's!

Let you know if I get further info.

PS. the 9 cars were received by the "country" dealer. That's how they operate there - sole dealership/importer for entire country!
Old 03-11-2014, 05:17 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Interesting, I would like to know more about this too.
- I do know that Porsche Dubai delivered 9 or so cars out of the total of ~25 ordered, so that won't be the one...
- If it's a 'country dealer', it cannot be the UAE though (because we've got 2 dealers here), but Bahrain, Qatar, Oman or similar countries.
- However, for those countries, I would surprise me if they would just order 9, knowing the size of the local market...

Regardless, the GT3 has never been as 'hot' as the Turbo (S) in this part of the world... the same was the case with the manual 997s.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:48 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I do know that our local Porsche dealer delivered two GT3s and both are back at the dealer. Actually - the second one never left. It is on a "hold" sale. Meaning until Porsche gives them the okay or the new part or fix - the car has to stay there and not get released until this issue is resolved.

If it was mine - I would be antsy - but I wouldn't worry about it. Resolve the issue and lets get driving. Can't really drive right now anyway - too much sand and gravel on the streets for me.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
Why would a dealer have 9 (nine!) new 991 GT3s on the lot without a customer? Is there information available about the GT3s in the Middle East not available to N.A. customers ... or experience with early delivered GT3s that have made customers wary?

Be great to hear from Arth and others in the Middle East.
He should sell them all to N.A ... because they made the mistake of using flammable "unobtainium" in the N.A engine blocks ... PCNA could sell 2x their allocation of these cars if the length of local dealer waitlists (actually disappointment list is more appropriate) is anything to go by.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:35 AM
snabbgt3
Racer

Rennlist tally to date ...

2014MY 991 GT3s delivered in N.A.

.. small sample so far
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
2014MY _991_GT3.pdf (129.8 KB, 188 views)
Old 03-12-2014, 01:16 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Ohhh.. I un-subscribed from the threads cause I wasn't getting any work done.. LOL. Just saw the PM.

Finished production : ?
Delivered: 1/14/2014
State PUrchase: California
Current Location: My Garage Chicago (Yuk.. moving soon)

Hope really we can drive tomorrow. I have to drive something fast and might have to take my race bike out.. with Slicks and all.. Ha Ha.. .

Quick Reply: Number of delivered 991 GT3s returned to dealers