Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Delivery Dates.......????

Old 06-13-2013, 05:50 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanPerrella
We don't have delivery dates because we don't yet have allocation. We might have allocation as early as next month but I'd anticipate within 1-2 months with first deliveries appearing around November.

If you have further difficulties with this let me know.
Got a call from Porsche USA earlier today in response to my inquiry a few days
ago on my 991 GT3 delivery. She assured me allocations would be completed by the first week in July and the dealers would be notified. Not much we can do now but be a little patient - Tick-Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock...........
I hope I can take my own advice, but after watching Chris Harris's Video Review - and his revealing a 7:25 Ring Time for the 991 GT3 it's Hard!
I've been drooling a lot lately. WADDACAR!!!!!! Handling, Speed, Involvement
and Killer looks. What more can we ask for??? Check the recent Ring Times:
The 997-2 GT3 ran 7:40, The GT3RS ran a 7:33 and the far more expensive GT3RS 4.0 ran a 7:27. The new Turbo has run a 7:28, and the the Turbo S a 7:26. So a 7:25 is really a huge boost in Performance. For the new GT3 to be faster than the GT3RS 4.0 AND the new Turbo S on a VERY long (Power) Track
is really incredible. And a 15 second difference between the 997 and the new 991 is HUGE! "Be still my beating Heart!"
Old 06-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Despite the fact that I am still grumpy and have made "statements" about no MT, I still have one on order and I am getting the first one from my (big) dealer. Today they emailed me with an estimate of mid-October/early November. They also like to see my car at the dealer...(I am still very undecided on the car here...)

Does anyone have any better dates yet?
Old 06-15-2013, 09:00 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better dates? Yes, but not States-side though...

My GT3 will be coming off the production line in week 28 (mid June) and is expected to arrive at my dealer in week 35 (end of August). So I should be able to drive early September...
Old 06-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Dan39
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
Despite the fact that I am still grumpy and have made "statements" about no MT, I still have one on order and I am getting the first one from my (big) dealer. Today they emailed me with an estimate of mid-October/early November. They also like to see my car at the dealer...(I am still very undecided on the car here...)

Does anyone have any better dates yet?
That's a really good date already. My dealer is one of the largest in North America and I have one of the early cars in January (estimated). We'll get actual dates in early July I'm told.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

^ Thank you Dan! My car would be a US delivery car, and I am trying to figure out how early it may come. If it is one of the first ones, and if I elect to not want to keep it, then I maybe able to sell it easier, etc. TBD...
Old 06-15-2013, 12:12 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Thank you Dan! My car would be a US delivery car, and I am trying to figure out how early it may come. If it is one of the first ones, and if I elect to not want to keep it, then I maybe able to sell it easier, etc. TBD...

Hi Igooz,
From everything we know about the 991 GT3. several dealers not taking any new orders, and Porsche AG having twice the numbers of requests for the car than they can possibly fill (Both verifiable on RL) I
believe you could sell your very early 991 GT3 Delivery in a heartbeat, and even at a sizable profit, if
you decide to offer yours for sale. I would also guess, if you are a true sportscar enthusiast, you will deeply regret that decision after reading the inevitable future glowing reviews that will follow production.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

^ Thank you! (I usually get attached and keep things for a long time...) And so far I am holding the line and committed to get the car...(& I have a proven track record that whatever I sell will become valueable after I sell --> my loss every time! )
Old 06-15-2013, 02:48 PM
luv2race
Rennlist Member

Received 417 Likes on 211 Posts

Igooz,

Amazingly I get the same results using the exact opposite hold philosophy. I buy and sell quickly and the value goes up soon after I sell.

Somewhere in our combined philosophies is a brilliant strategy to make money on the cars we enjoy.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

I wish I knew the answer!...
Old 06-15-2013, 03:32 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2race
Igooz,

Amazingly I get the same results using the exact opposite hold philosophy. I buy and sell quickly and the value goes up soon after I sell.

Somewhere in our combined philosophies is a brilliant strategy to make money on the cars we enjoy.
Damn, your 993 is HOT!
Old 06-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Ok, I'm holding you guys to the "first week in July" date!

Getting a little anxious here.....
Old 06-15-2013, 07:26 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

No allocations for western area dealers yet.......
Old 06-15-2013, 11:54 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Talked to my dealer yesterday about this. They want me to trade my modified 08 GT3-RS in on a new GT-3. I said that I doubt it. I really love my RS.

Anyway - they have requests for 8 builds - but no answers when they get their allocation, let alone how many they can get.

Bigger dealers (Champion, LA and Chicago) will probably get theirs first.

After watching Chris Harris's video on the test drive - makes me want to get one - bad! The RS should be unbelievable.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:43 AM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Ok, I'm holding you guys to the "first week in July" date!

Getting a little anxious here.....
Not to worry Mike! My dealer called me to confirm allocations by First Week in July and possibly even by the end of this month. Of course actual deliveries will varydepending upon the pecking order that your dealer is in with the factory, and where on the dealer's list you stand. If it is any consolation getting a La Ferrari is infinitely more difficult. A good friend was rejected because he "only" bought 4 New Ferraris in the past few years (plus 2 Veyrons, 6 GT Porsches, Several Bentleys and Rolls, several Murcialagos, and a GT-R) Tough when buyers like that can't make the cut. Anyway, I'm sure the GT-3 will prove well worth the wait, and our suspense will soon be over. Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock, Tick.....
Old 06-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
Not to worry Mike! My dealer called me to confirm allocations by First Week in July and possibly even by the end of this month. Of course actual deliveries will varydepending upon the pecking order that your dealer is in with the factory, and where on the dealer's list you stand. If it is any consolation getting a La Ferrari is infinitely more difficult. A good friend was rejected because he "only" bought 4 New Ferraris in the past few years (plus 2 Veyrons, 6 GT Porsches, Several Bentleys and Rolls, several Murcialagos, and a GT-R) Tough when buyers like that can't make the cut. Anyway, I'm sure the GT-3 will prove well worth the wait, and our suspense will soon be over. Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock, Tick.....
Thanks, FastLane. My dealer isn't a giant one, so there's that, although I am #1 on his list and they do a pretty good volume of business. I guess my only concern is if some dealers get squeezed out completely, but I suppose that's unlikely. If I have to wait a little longer, it's not a big deal, as long as I get one. Tick tock indeed.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT3 Delivery Dates.......????