Sponsored by:

ED delivery of RS questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 11:07 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
hets72, TorqueChap, batmanm3 - if something comes together for you / one of you in/through Austria - please pass me a message - i would love to join you a day or two as a native Austrian with my GT4 (or RS).
jo_ker, you rock PM sent.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:22 AM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
hets72, TorqueChap, batmanm3 - if something comes together for you / one of you in/through Austria - please pass me a message - i would love to join you a day or two as a native Austrian with my GT4 (or RS).
Will keep in touch...
Old 02-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Subscribed. Also doing July delivery.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:24 PM
batmanm3
Racer

Originally Posted by Nizer
Subscribed. Also doing July delivery.
wow...lots of ppl doing ED late june/july...

Would be cool to have a little Rennlist meet at the top of a mountain pass ...

I'm jealous of the Miami (I assume that is what you are picking up) !!
Old 02-27-2016, 05:57 PM
byrdaudio
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys know how they are attaching license plates during ED currently? I read zip ties, double sided tape, drilled, etc... Just wondering if anyone has done a recent GT3 or RS deliver and knows what they are doing at Zuffenhausen? Anything except drilled holes would be acceptable.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:59 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by batmanm3
wow...lots of ppl doing ED late june/july...

Would be cool to have a little Rennlist meet at the top of a mountain pass ...

I'm jealous of the Miami (I assume that is what you are picking up) !!
I'm picking up my RS in Zuffenhausen in July as well.... I'm in for the mountain pass meet-up.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:04 PM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by byrdaudio
Do you guys know how they are attaching license plates during ED currently? I read zip ties, double sided tape, drilled, etc... Just wondering if anyone has done a recent GT3 or RS deliver and knows what they are doing at Zuffenhausen? Anything except drilled holes would be acceptable.
You have to sign a waiver but they will install plate without drilling bumper (I believe they use the tow hook location).
Old 02-27-2016, 07:33 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by FJSeattle
You have to sign a waiver but they will install plate without drilling bumper (I believe they use the tow hook location).
^+1. On your ED request form there is a spot where you certify your state doesn't require a front plate and they won't drill it.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:53 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by batmanm3
I know many have done the ED delivery with RS or other vehicles...

I have been fortunate to get a slot for July and have a gazillion questions...

Stuttgart or Leipzig for delivery? Currently down for Stuttgart

Has anyone taken the train from Frankfurt to Stuttgart? Its over $500 Cdn the difference in airfare even though it so close...
Stuttgart has more car stuff to do the museum, the Mercedes museum, see the factory where your car made, if you pick up in Leipzig you drive a car like yours (not your car) on the track there in the am, I suggest pick up in Leipzig drive to Stuttgart, stop by ring, or pick up in Stuttgart, drive to Ring, both are good plans, Stuttgart is heart of Porsche As for the train, very easy, walk out of terminal, follow signs that say regional trains, buy a ticket with machine or ticket counter, buy an ICE express ticket with no stops, about an hour and 20 min later you will be at the main station in Stuttgart, walk across the street to your hotel, next morning, use your cab voucher, or take a train to Porsche, you will get lost driving back to hotel without navigation,and there is a automated speed camera as you enter Stuttgart on a curve
Old 02-27-2016, 08:19 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
^+1. On your ED request form there is a spot where you certify your state doesn't require a front plate and they won't drill it.
If you plan on going to Switzerland for some of the better mountain passes, then you will likely need to have it attached per regulations-- hence drilled into place. Switzerland will stop you at the border and inspect your car. when I did ED I brought the tow hook for the plate. When I said my plans included Swizterland, Porsche drilled the plate in the front bumper. Awful to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 02-27-2016, 10:19 PM
batmanm3
Racer

Originally Posted by eilig
I'm picking up my RS in Zuffenhausen in July as well.... I'm in for the mountain pass meet-up.
We need to start a list ... pick a pass and date... currently I am planning Austria and Northern Italy first 7-10 days of July and then back to the Ring (should have my break in km done by then)...

Originally Posted by dark knight
Stuttgart has more car stuff to do the museum, the Mercedes museum, see the factory where your car made, if you pick up in Leipzig you drive a car like yours (not your car) on the track there in the am, I suggest pick up in Leipzig drive to Stuttgart, stop by ring, or pick up in Stuttgart, drive to Ring, both are good plans, Stuttgart is heart of Porsche As for the train, very easy, walk out of terminal, follow signs that say regional trains, buy a ticket with machine or ticket counter, buy an ICE express ticket with no stops, about an hour and 20 min later you will be at the main station in Stuttgart, walk across the street to your hotel, next morning, use your cab voucher, or take a train to Porsche, you will get lost driving back to hotel without navigation,and there is a automated speed camera as you enter Stuttgart on a curve
Sounds great! Will be staying at Steigenberger Graf Zepplin...was looking at DB Bahn website but am not sure what to select for the stop in Stuttgart as it lists quite a few different locations (ie. flughafen/Messe or Schwabstr.)

Originally Posted by disden
If you plan on going to Switzerland for some of the better mountain passes, then you will likely need to have it attached per regulations-- hence drilled into place. Switzerland will stop you at the border and inspect your car. when I did ED I brought the tow hook for the plate. When I said my plans included Swizterland, Porsche drilled the plate in the front bumper. Awful to watch.
Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Ugh!! Guess I will have to avoid Switzerland! Has anyone else had this issue with plate on a tow hook or taped on?
Old 02-27-2016, 11:05 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=batmanm3;13058033]We need to start a list ... pick a pass and date... currently I am planning Austria and Northern Italy first 7-10 days of July and then back to the Ring (should have my break in km done by then)...

Sounds great! Will be staying at Steigenberger Graf Zepplin...was looking at DB Bahn website but am not sure what to select for the stop in Stuttgart as it lists quite a few different locations (ie. flughafen/Messe or Schwabstr.)

Ugh!! Guess I will have to avoid Switzerland! Has anyone else had this issue with plate on a tow hook or taped on?[/QUOTE

stuttgart hauptbahnhoff or hbf (I took German in high school because I planned on going to Porsche someday) make sure you get a trip with no train changes
Old 02-27-2016, 11:10 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

if you are going back to park at he Zeppelin, walk around the garage, its got nice spaces if you get there before too late at night, its also hard to get into, you have to get in the garage, then you drive into an area just for the Zeppelin garage, I think you have to put your ticket into a ticket machine and then it opens a gate and give u new ticket
Old 02-27-2016, 11:46 PM
batmanm3
Racer

Originally Posted by dark knight

stuttgart hauptbahnhoff or hbf (I took German in high school because I planned on going to Porsche someday) make sure you get a trip with no train changes
Thanks!
Clearly I need to do a crash course in German...ok with french or chinese (sort of), but German is Greek to me...lol
Old 02-27-2016, 11:56 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Aside from Switzerland, which other countries will ticket you for not having a license plate not drilled into the front bumper?

Quick Reply: ED delivery of RS questions