Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's certainly growing on me.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:28 PM
Woppum
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bronson7
It's certainly growing on me.
I'm flattered but a little too much info!
Old 02-14-2016, 02:25 PM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Very much like the wheel finish. I think it makes the entire car pop even more.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Woppum
Advanced

Well not long till Friday! I paid for the car today,my hey are road testing it tomorrow, they were going to do it today however the weather wasn't good enough! I hope Friday and the weekend hold up as you are not going to be able to peel me out of it.

I am away for around a month from the end of next week. While I am away I will be upgrading the sound system. I have been given two options which I need to go in to more detail over. The work will need to be totally in keeping with the car. Same materials and look as factory as possible. The amps and sub will also need to be secure for trackdays.

1 sounds a little overkill, I have that set up in my Speciale but there the sub is hidden between the seats. Bit worried about where they will put it.

Option 1

To supply and fit following:-

1 x Morel 38 limited edition 3 way system fitted to original speaker position in front door and dash
1 x Sinfoni Ad-lib amplifier
1 x Sinfoni grave amplifier to run subwoofer
1 x Morel 12” subwoofer
1 x Custom speaker box fitted to rear seat area
1 x Audisson bit 1 converter
2 x phono lead, 2 x power lead and speaker cable

Option 2

To Supply and fit following:-

1 x Morel Virtus 603 3 way speaker system
1 x Alpine PDX Amplifier
1 x Alpine PDX Amplifier
1 x primo subwoofer
1 x custom speaker box fitted to rear seat area
1 x Alpine speaker to rca adaptors
2 x phono leads, 2 x power lead and speaker c
Old 02-17-2016, 04:58 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Please tell us you're adding sound deadening back into the car as you upgrade the stereo in your GT3 RS so at least you have a chance of hearing your new low impedance ultra-detailed sounding stereo system?

And if you do that you should also consider some softer rubber bushing so as to remove the NVH and potential harmonics caused by your current RS suspension setup. This combined with a full de-catted race exhaust and a re-trimming of the leather interior should happen next... Because that would really tie the whole car together nicely.

And I forgot about the turbo's AWD system.. That would be cool also, totally complements the stereo and the paint. And ostrich leather interior because it's lighter than alcantara and lightweight is essential in a build like this. Is the roll cage going to be leather trimmed also? Wine chiller in the frunk? Limitless possibilities to create the ultimate personalized GT3 RS! When is the first track day by the way?
Old 02-17-2016, 05:04 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by Woppum
Well not long till Friday! I paid for the car today,my hey are road testing it tomorrow, they were going to do it today however the weather wasn't good enough! I hope Friday and the weekend hold up as you are not going to be able to peel me out of it.

I am away for around a month from the end of next week. While I am away I will be upgrading the sound system. I have been given two options which I need to go in to more detail over. The work will need to be totally in keeping with the car. Same materials and look as factory as possible. The amps and sub will also need to be secure for trackdays.

1 sounds a little overkill, I have that set up in my Speciale but there the sub is hidden between the seats. Bit worried about where they will put it.

Option 1

To supply and fit following:-

1 x Morel 38 limited edition 3 way system fitted to original speaker position in front door and dash
1 x Sinfoni Ad-lib amplifier
1 x Sinfoni grave amplifier to run subwoofer
1 x Morel 12” subwoofer
1 x Custom speaker box fitted to rear seat area
1 x Audisson bit 1 converter
2 x phono lead, 2 x power lead and speaker cable

Option 2

To Supply and fit following:-

1 x Morel Virtus 603 3 way speaker system
1 x Alpine PDX Amplifier
1 x Alpine PDX Amplifier
1 x primo subwoofer
1 x custom speaker box fitted to rear seat area
1 x Alpine speaker to rca adaptors
2 x phono leads, 2 x power lead and speaker c
Just shoehorn a pair of KEF Blades in there and add a few Theta Prometheus

Either of your options should be more than adequate with option A most likely being slightly more resolving (which may or may not be discernible), but I agree about adding sound deadening materials. It still won't be as quiet as an S550 coupe, though.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Woppum
Advanced

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Please tell us you're adding sound deadening back into the car as you upgrade the stereo in your GT3 RS so at least you have a chance of hearing your new low impedance ultra-detailed sounding stereo system?

And if you do that you should also consider some softer rubber bushing so as to remove the NVH and potential harmonics caused by your current RS suspension setup. This combined with a full de-catted race exhaust and a re-trimming of the leather interior should happen next... Because that would really tie the whole car together nicely.

And I forgot about the turbo's AWD system.. That would be cool also, totally complements the stereo and the paint. And ostrich leather interior because it's lighter than alcantara and lightweight is essential in a build like this. Is the roll cage going to be leather trimmed also? Wine chiller in the frunk? Limitless possibilities to create the ultimate personalized GT3 RS! When is the first track day by the way?
Haha. It's funny. I get ridiculous responses every time I post up about a system I put in one of my cars. Such disgust by some people. I assume people like you don't really use your cars or not for high milage? Or maybe you are satisfied with mediocre at best quality of sound to your music, or not like music at all? Well I do, I enjoy it very much, it's part of the experience for me. Long drives to Spa, Imola, Monza, Hungariring, The ring etc etc from London for a weekends/weeks trackday great music is a blessing. As hopefully you can see with this project I know how to do a job well, this sound system integration will be no exception.

I have a weekend booked at spa in April then another weekend booked in May. I'm probably at Silverstone once a month
Old 02-17-2016, 05:19 PM
Woppum
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dr. G
Just shoehorn a pair of KEF Blades in there and add a few Theta Prometheus

Either of your options should be more than adequate with option A most likely being slightly more resolving (which may or may not be discernible), but I agree about adding sound deadening materials. It still won't be as quiet as an S550 coupe, though.
Sound deadening is sometimes needed. For example my fully carbon hollow doors in my Speciale needed some foam sprayed in there. Added about 1.5kg from memory. The RS is a much more sold bit of kit. I can't see it needing anything.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:20 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Haha. It's funny. I get ridiculous responses every time I post up about a system I put in one of my cars. Such disgust by some people. I assume people like you don't really use your cars or not for high milage? Or maybe you are satisfied with mediocre at best quality of sound to your music, or not like music at all? Well I do, I enjoy it very much, it's part of the experience for me. Long drives to Spa, Imola, Monza, Hungariring, The ring etc etc from London for a weekends/weeks trackday great music is a blessing. As hopefully you can see with this project I know how to do a job well, this sound system integration will be no exception.
I have a whole room of my house dedicated to 2 channel audio (just audio, there's nothing else in the room). I've also inquired about a reversible system when (if) I get my 991.2 GT3RS. I have no issues with a proper audio system at all.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:22 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Woppum, you're certifiable bat****. But thanks for sharing the build of the image in your head
Old 02-17-2016, 06:23 PM
993RR
Pro

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts

Ask Mr Preuninger what he thinks.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:52 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993RR
Ask Mr Preuninger what he thinks.
Oh, no, you didn't

Old 02-17-2016, 08:03 PM
anjum
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sound deadening is sometimes needed. For example my fully carbon hollow doors in my Speciale needed some foam sprayed in there. Added about 1.5kg from memory. The RS is a much more sold bit of kit. I can't see it needing anything.
Wops - the looks magnificent - when people see it on the track at Spa - they will get it - I hope Spa is as unpredictable as you'd expect in April - as the caar will look different and amazing in all different conditions.

Lot's of misunderstanding about the why's and what's allowed - I personally think it's not only magnificent in the flesh - it's also unique - it also you - and frankly you don't need to care what everybody else thinks - because you're the one driving it!

Well played, sir!

I pick my one up on Monday - getting quite excited now......

Might have to do the shiny black plastic bits - just need to see the swissvax'd effect on the paintwork first - then get the full body paint protection film applied!

Quick Reply: 991GT3RS --> bought - stripped - repainted