Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Ebay Prices Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 03:16 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
And I'll keep bashing on Auto Gallery and other scumbag stealerships like them because they are easy targets. There are good dealers and there are stealers, I can only hope that I take business away from the stealers with my "tirades" on here.
Terrific. I am sure we are all excited to hear that.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:32 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

I am on vacation and enjoying myself and I love to participate on the forum. But this thread is depressing I can read the newspaper for all the economical BS. All of this will blow over shortly. Where there is fear there is opportunity. Most people with money and ***** will push their chips back in shortly and make a killing. A little/larger correction was inevitable. It is just never fun when it occurs.

Back to cars.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:40 AM
991 GT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are already seeing the cracks with China and commodities (especially oil). This is not the time to be a speculator on an RS.
+1. I'm a financial advisor and after 20 years of watching cycles flesh out it pays to be patient. Wisdom comes from a bad experience most of the time along with watching people make decisions on emotion not logic. Best deals are had when there is blood in the streets. I personally would love to add an RS to my stable but there is a lot of predictions i.e.:cleaning ladies and economical issues at play "oil". Cool heads prevail. I wonder where my future RS is right now
Old 01-08-2016, 11:19 AM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, who's up next

I know guy's that have 1000 HP cars that only bring them to shows, I know guys that have limited edition P and F cars that beat the crap out of them at the track. Do what you want with your car as long as it makes you happy. Life is too short to worry about what others do, spend that extra energy on yourself and your family....IMO
Old 01-08-2016, 11:29 AM
GONFST
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Amen.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Terrific. I am sure we are all excited to hear that.
+1
Old 01-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by BK77
Ok, who's up next

I know guy's that have 1000 HP cars that only bring them to shows, I know guys that have limited edition P and F cars that beat the crap out of them at the track. Do what you want with your car as long as it makes you happy. Life is too short to worry about what others do, spend that extra energy on yourself and your family....IMO
I agree. But no one can deny that the market for the RS must make one think for a second if it is worth it to chance this on the track. I guess if you got this car at MSRP I would probably make it a garage queen now and enjoy it occasionally and probably grab a GT4, Mustang, ACR ect and track and beat the **** out of those. But to each their own- you only live once and everyone has different priorities. But, in a way I hope these prices sustain themselves because it keeps the GT3 prices up but another part of me would like to see these speculators chock on them
Old 01-10-2016, 02:08 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,158 Posts

What interesting about 80-90% of those cars sitting on Ebay is that they have PCCBs, front lift, and chrono sport. It's fairly obvious that most of them are 918 owner cars but they are basically spec'ed the same way. I wonder if they just told the dealer to spec the car or just checked all the boxes that the dealer recommended.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:46 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think there is a conspiracy
Old 01-10-2016, 02:55 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0to60
I don't think there is a conspiracy
Hahaha I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat trust me. I just find it interesting how all those Ebay cars basically have the same options. My guess is that those 918 owners knew they'd be flipping the cars all along so they figured the car would be more desirable with more options, especially the bigger options (PCCBs and front lift). Looks like there were a few that didn't realize that not having LWB seats would make the car less desirable.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:35 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

I have to agree with Martin on this.

Let's say 450 RS been delivered. Almost 300 are 918 cars. All those cars have been bought at MSRP and heavily specced.

At least 30 cars for sale asking $$$$$$ over MSRP, most not selling.

Majority of cars will be arriving within next 3-5 months. PTS buyers and most enthusiasts get their cars @ MSRP.

Next allocations will trickle out to satisfy demand. Some dealers will sell right away @ MSRP and some thinks that market is $300k + won't sell.

If you want a heavily specced RS yesterday you have to pay $$$$$$$.

If you want RS at MSRP call all dealers you know and tell them you really want RS and have the check ready at MSRP.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:12 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

What's your definition of temporarily? If the shoe drops with China, it won't be a week long correction with a V bottom. Oil trading in the low $30s is a big warning light.

This is incorrect. Last time oil was this low in 08 was due to lack of demand. Now we have over supply because of the US and the Saudi's trying to take us out. And they have taken 75% of US manufactures out.

China issue comes from them fighting their currency from being floating. It is temporary, it will bounce back. Their slow growth is natural. They are moving from a manufacturing economy to a consumer driven one, even they can't grow at 9% from just consuming. They dropped the circuit breakers because they realized that made their issue worse because everyone freaked out that they couldn't sell. When people know there is a market to sell and do what they want, they won't panic and exaggerate the problem.

This is just a good opportunity for people to get in and make money on the volatility.

RS prices aren't going for 150k anymore because the supply of psycho's willing to pay that much is lessening. Also the car is old now, the new effect is dying out so these idiots have moved on to the next best thing.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by jem7v
This is incorrect. Last time oil was this low in 08 was due to lack of demand. Now we have over supply because of the US and the Saudi's trying to take us out. And they have taken 75% of US manufactures out.

China issue comes from them fighting their currency from being floating. It is temporary, it will bounce back. Their slow growth is natural. They are moving from a manufacturing economy to a consumer driven one, even they can't grow at 9% from just consuming. They dropped the circuit breakers because they realized that made their issue worse because everyone freaked out that they couldn't sell. When people know there is a market to sell and do what they want, they won't panic and exaggerate the problem.
Disagree and think you're massively oversimplifying both issues. Negative pressures on oil are both supply and demand side right now, though obviously OPEC/supply is the biggest issue. And I don't know where you're getting that statistic that 75 percent of shale producers have gone out of business. I'd like to see support for that. New rig count is definitely way down, but the shake out in shale so far hasn't been anywhere near that. U.S. shale producers have lowered costs and proven to be a lot more resilient than anyone expected. And with the very real slowdown in China, along with the brewing middle east conflict between the Saudis and the Iranians, I don't see oil rising anytime soon. Everyone who's been repeatedly forecasting a recovery have been wrong. Even Goldman's now changed to a bearish view on oil.

As regards China, the slowdown they're seeing is anything but 'natural' by Chinese standards. Couple that with the fact that their equity markets are a total valuation mess (with way too much expected growth priced in already) and the government's constantly changing, learn-as-we-go approach to managing its currency, and there's a lot of risk that their troubles worsen dramatically.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:28 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Yes I realize that it's one data point, but it's still a FMV data point with a willing buyer and seller. So a NO RESERVE Ebay auction reveals that the price for a new RS with delivery miles is ~ $75k over MSRP.

Not the $100k-$200k over that most stealers want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172051708723?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 01-12-2016, 04:31 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

My delivery miles add provenance that's invaluable come 2050.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS Ebay Prices Thread