Sponsored by:

RS Ebay Prices Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 09:57 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by gt2urbo
hmmm already thought about hiring a few fellers outside of home depot to hold my sign up in front of the autogallery...

i remember a sign was out in front of keyes mercedes years ago... someone got screwed apparently

RSRracer im so glad u got a pts at sticker and throwing it in our faces. now go die because I don't give a **** about you and your slow at the track also if your trying to brag fix your picture so our next don't hurt.
Chris is a great guy and happy that he got the car. A little jealous but still happy
Old 01-07-2016, 10:03 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

^^ Who wouldn't be a little jealous..
Old 01-07-2016, 10:43 PM
hets72
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

... could not agree more .... anything around prices / market values or watches and other stuff into separate forum.....make rennlist "pure" again.... (otherways might have to re-name the forum to "pricelist"....
Old 01-07-2016, 10:51 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

How can anyone deny supply and demand? This stock market will be a bump, but in the long run, they only made so many of a really good car. You guys are thinking in months, not years.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:03 PM
GONFST
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I subscribe to The Economist and enjoying getting my weekly microeconomics intake when it hits my office. I login to Rennlist to tickle a different part of my brain. It is almost comical listening to the RS (eBay) economic analysis on these forums. The whining has to stop. Maybe if we all agree that the RS bubble will crash and we (those that paid more than MSRP) are all going to lose are a$$e$ and all the Chicken Little naysayers are RIGHT...may then it will stop!

Of course, I've already had $150K worth of fun in mine over the past five months...so I guess I'm $50K ahead of MSRP already!...RIGHT!?!...and no, I won't sell it for $150k...I know that was coming
Old 01-07-2016, 11:05 PM
GONFST
Rennlist Member

strike "are a$$e$" replace with "our a$$e$" - misprint
Old 01-07-2016, 11:18 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The "sky is falling "
This will be the last NA GT car
There won't be another round of RS's
Or
Will there be another ?
Old 01-07-2016, 11:35 PM
GONFST
Rennlist Member

I am starting to get a little nervous...a few people seem to be hoping for an economic collapse just so they can get an RS at or under MSRP. I want to go on record by saying it is a great car...but not that great...or is it?
Old 01-07-2016, 11:38 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

The sky isn't falling and we won't get into a depression anytime soon. I just think there are warning signs that there's an economic pullback coming.

Anyhow, anyone who got an RS at/around MSRP should be driving the car like they stole it. Use Trakcar as an example of how the car should be enjoyed. Honestly, it kinda sucks that so many are/will just get bubble wrapped and wiped with a diaper.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:53 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

^^^ The great news is that you should just go ahead and buy an RS and do what YOU want to do with it. Make an offer that you think is fair and if they say no, then move on. Stop telling everyone else what they should pay and what they should do with THEIR car. Definitely annoying.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:18 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCBH
^^^ The great news is that you should just go ahead and buy an RS and do what YOU want to do with it. Make an offer that you think is fair and if they say no, then move on. Stop telling everyone else what they should pay and what they should do with THEIR car. Definitely annoying.
I'm not telling anyone what to pay for an RS and I'm willing to pay over MSRP for one, so you must be confusing me with someone else. And I've made offers OVER MSRP (significantly above MSRP) on 3 RSs and the sellers wanted a higher amount so I moved on. I'll let the prices come to me.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:22 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm not telling anyone what to pay for an RS and I'm willing to pay over MSRP for one, so you must be confusing me with someone else. And I've made offers OVER MSRP (significantly above MSRP) on 3 RSs and the sellers wanted a higher amount so I moved on. I'll let the prices come to me.
"Anyhow, anyone who got an RS at/around MSRP should be driving the car like they stole it. Use Trakcar as an example of how the car should be enjoyed. Honestly, it kinda sucks that so many are/will just get bubble wrapped and wiped with a diaper."

ummm...definitely not confusing you with someone else....with the nonsensical "stealership" tirades and how people should use their property...pretty sure that's you...anyway, we should get this forum in general back to normal discourse on these amazing machines and marvels of engineering.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:33 AM
Gotboost?
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I can vouch for Martin on this part. He did offer me a good amount over MSRP for my incoming. I did order the car to keep and there was a number that I would have to get in order to part ways with the car. That is why I am keeping it.

I do think the RS market is overpriced right now. I do think both sides have valid points too. Some folks that aren't wealthy will get mentally affected by the market correction and maybe pull back spending on luxury items like the RS just to protect themselves. Some folks that are wealthy won't blink an eye over a market correction. At the end of the day, I don't think the market on the RS will crash, but will pull back a bit. Just my humble opinion.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:38 AM
fivetwozero
Instructor

If you scared of market correction then buy GM or Chrysler track car at MSRP and use the left over money buy watches or tires. Problem solved
Old 01-08-2016, 02:45 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCBH
"Anyhow, anyone who got an RS at/around MSRP should be driving the car like they stole it. Use Trakcar as an example of how the car should be enjoyed. Honestly, it kinda sucks that so many are/will just get bubble wrapped and wiped with a diaper."

ummm...definitely not confusing you with someone else....with the nonsensical "stealership" tirades and how people should use their property...pretty sure that's you...anyway, we should get this forum in general back to normal discourse on these amazing machines and marvels of engineering.
And I'll keep bashing on Auto Gallery and other scumbag stealerships like them because they are easy targets. There are good dealers and there are stealers, I can only hope that I take business away from the stealers with my "tirades" on here.

Quick Reply: RS Ebay Prices Thread