Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Allocation lock Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 03:05 PM
MoeGt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with the Black PDLS. Add the Sun Visors in Alcantara. Add the 12 O'clock marking in LO instead of the yellow. All black with the LO stitching is the way to go. Everything else looks good. Congrats!
Old 11-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Steven954
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would not go with the Alcantera steering wheel... My 997 turbo has the OEM Alcantera Steering wheel, shift ****, armrest, etc... Armrest holds up well because I do not mess with it. The Steering wheel and shift **** are not as nice with the car only having 10k miles, bought it with 6k and looked much fresher.. Wish it was carbon fiber or leather, more durable.. Just my 2 cents..
Old 11-27-2015, 10:06 AM
nbrown69
Intermediate

Originally Posted by markow
why sport chrono? it does nothing an iPhone app cannot do. unless you like the wart watch of course. my built is very similar, i was just in doubt about a color cash between the CCBs and the LO orange, but now i tend to think it will come out cool. peter
While I do not endorse Sports Chrono per se, I will say it was handy to accidentally learn that you can initiate the IPhone Porsche App with the
Chrono Start Stalk on the steering wheel column. This is only an advantage if you wear racing gloves since you need bare finger tips to initiate the iPhone app.

On the point on the alcantara wheel, I've been really pleased with its wear (7,000 miles with about 1,000 on the track) and it has shown virtually no ear. Now in fairness, my hands do not ordinarily sweat unless I am on the track and on the track, I am wearing gloves.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:22 PM
Gotboost?
Rennlist Member

Just got an update on my RS. Ship is due to arrive in San Diego on 1/22/16. It's crazy how fast this car got built and shipped. I locked the order around Thanksgiving. I checked the build sheet and the build is correct. Pretty fast.....

No I need to make some decisions on what to do with my current 3 and the RS...

Quick Reply: RS Allocation lock Need Advice