Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

talked to dealer GM today - a little more intel on RS, PTS, R, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 11:12 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default talked to dealer GM today - a little more intel on RS, PTS, R, etc.

Disclaimer - no blinding insights here, but I figure we all like data points. I spoke with GM at big dealer today. Here were the takeaways

- PTS RS will start being built/batched over the next several weeks. These are the cars that were delayed from June/July. My signal green RS is likely to begin production in mid-Dec according to him, for a late January delivery.

- Since I didn't spec my car, I asked again about the possibility of changes, since production is still a month away. I was told 'no'. If anyone is being told different about their PTS RS, I would love to hear your story. I am fine with the build, there are a couple of minor tweaks I would like to make (PDLS vs. LED), etc. It would be great to have some ammo to explain to dealer that this is still possible.

- Additional RS allocations: emphatic yes. I think we have seen that already on the board. He went into a fair amount of detail that the rationale for these additional RS allocations will be based on the dealers that sold the most 918s, best volume of 911s, etc. at the best profit margins, etc. Maybe not shocking, but in other words, the better performing dealer to Porsche, the more allocations. This large dealer was expecting to get 6 or less. So not lots more, just a few more. They will not get built until all the existing RS (including PTS) are done. He mentioned spring production.

- R is definitely being built, no question. Will be numbered (plaque) car. 6 speed only, no PDK option. GT3 engine. Widebody, but not turbo/RS body, probably Carrera 4 type body. Wont be as fast as GT3 or RS. He has heard directly from PCNA that the R is Porsche's answer to the GT3 buyers that wanted a stick. I asked if this would substitute for future GT3 stick options, he wasn't sure. He didn't think it would sticker/sell for as high as some are reporting. Thinks it will be slotted below the GT3 and RS, and will be configurable.

Again, not a lot new, maybe a little more texture across these topics, at least for me it was.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:34 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Great info. Did he say if PTS window would reopen for the Spring RS production?
Old 11-09-2015, 11:38 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the update. I also heard no more PTS for the new allocation. The new allocation will be released before the year end. His story was the reason for the extra allocation is all the complaining that owners have communicated to their dealers in other word Porsche is reading Remnlist allocation threads. My dealer will only get one RS and has my name on it so don't pull a fast one boys.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:41 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
Great info. Did he say if PTS window would reopen for the Spring RS production?
He seemed to think PTS wouldn't happen for these last few RS allocations...
Old 11-09-2015, 11:41 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks bud.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:00 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
He seemed to think PTS wouldn't happen for these last few RS allocations...
Bummer, thanks.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:14 AM
soupy
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 22 Posts

If the R is priced around the GT3...

Old 11-10-2015, 12:18 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by soupy
If the R is priced around the GT3...

Take mine too.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:44 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

Disclaimer - no blinding insights here, but I figure we all like data points. I spoke with GM at big dealer today. Here were the takeaways

- PTS RS will start being built/batched over the next several weeks. These are the cars that were delayed from June/July. My signal green RS is likely to begin production in mid-Dec according to him, for a late January delivery.

- Since I didn't spec my car, I asked again about the possibility of changes, since production is still a month away. I was told 'no'. If anyone is being told different about their PTS RS, I would love to hear your story. I am fine with the build, there are a couple of minor tweaks I would like to make (PDLS vs. LED), etc. It would be great to have some ammo to explain to dealer that this is still possible.

- Additional RS allocations: emphatic yes. I think we have seen that already on the board. He went into a fair amount of detail that the rationale for these additional RS allocations will be based on the dealers that sold the most 918s, best volume of 911s, etc. at the best profit margins, etc. Maybe not shocking, but in other words, the better performing dealer to Porsche, the more allocations. This large dealer was expecting to get 6 or less. So not lots more, just a few more. They will not get built until all the existing RS (including PTS) are done. He mentioned spring production.

- R is definitely being built, no question. Will be numbered (plaque) car. 6 speed only, no PDK option. GT3 engine. Widebody, but not turbo/RS body, probably Carrera 4 type body. Wont be as fast as GT3 or RS. He has heard directly from PCNA that the R is Porsche's answer to the GT3 buyers that wanted a stick. I asked if this would substitute for future GT3 stick options, he wasn't sure. He didn't think it would sticker/sell for as high as some are reporting. Thinks it will be slotted below the GT3 and RS, and will be configurable.

Again, not a lot new, maybe a little more texture across these topics, at least for me it was.
"Carrera 4 type body"

Does GM knows the above is GT3 body as well as GTS?

what he is saying is a GTS with a GT3 body that s it
Why numbered ?? 7.RS 4.0 had good reasons (unique engine)

but this what has we can define unique??

Hopefully the gearbox is a damn lightweight shortgeared never seen on 991 platform

otherwise i don t see if i was a manual lover
any reason why i should sell a 991 GT3 or RS for this
(but many reasons in the 997 case...)
Old 11-10-2015, 12:45 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Seems the R will sit between GTS with Manual and GT3. Thank you for the intel!
Old 11-10-2015, 01:35 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Glad to see that my avatar is going to good use.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Birel22
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These additional RS allocations seem to be receiving the same treatment as the '16 GT3 allocations. A small "bonus" allotment (without PTS availability) to be dispersed among the top performing dealers.

The further color on the R seems to suggest that PAG could merely be filling the gap before the GT2(RS) release. Further fodder for the 991.2 GT3(RS) existence/release speculation. Though it would be a complete surprise to me, I am beginning to come around to the argument that the next GT3 will be in 992 form...

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-10-2015, 12:06 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

I was told explicitly by AP that there will absolutely be a 991 GT3.2 and RS. Haven't really ever put out bad info in 8 years on Rennlist.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:22 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

- My Viper Green RS was shifted to V215 a few months back, been scheduled since then showing a CP 8.0 (Vehicle Completion) Date of 1/29/2016. I believe all 3 PTS orders at my dealer have been V215 for at least 2-3 months.

- My dealer made several changes for me when the car was V170 (it sat there for months as it was loaded and approved the day they officially opened PTS), I've not tried any since it was moved to V215 but the dealer can't make them, they had to work with PCNA/PAG to get changes done and it was slow
Old 11-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Birel22
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
I was told explicitly by AP that there will absolutely be a 991 GT3.2 and RS. Haven't really ever put out bad info in 8 years on Rennlist.
I have always been in this camp. Porsche would be leaving too much money on the table by not releasing an already developed facelift. I guess I have been reading too much RL speculation intertwined with the VW scandal!

Quick Reply: talked to dealer GM today - a little more intel on RS, PTS, R, etc.