Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

talked to dealer GM today - a little more intel on RS, PTS, R, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 12:49 AM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

thing is I don't need any more cars, its just disappointing to not have opportunity to buy what you want, I may just buy more guns or other cars, Ive driven the first gen Viper, it was okay, Ive just always loved the shape of the 911
Old 11-17-2015, 08:48 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

There were just under 90 RS allocations for the U.S. in the most recent release, some of which are now popping up on this forum. They continue to be pro-rated to dealers by their overall 911 sales, with a few one-offs to dealers that have stepped up in other areas such as selling more special models, building a new showroom, taking more inventory that PCNA is trying to move, etc.

SOP and I don't see it changing going forward so best thing to do is start building a solid relationship with a strong dealer.

Last edited by Nizer; 11-17-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:40 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Keep communicating with your dealer/dealers! If you want it yesterday. Pay crazy money. If not in a rush. Porsche will try their best to make one for everyone that is serious about buying. Just look at the 991gt3. RS is only limited by how many buyers they have. It's just not possible to 100/day.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:36 AM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

The 991 R without camouflage has been seen testing around the plant. We should see pictures shortly. In the meantime, it has one air vent at the bottom of the engine lid filled with a mesh, air vent below the front hood, similar to that of a GT3, also filled with a mesh, rear bumper exactly the same as that of a GT3, retractable rear spoiler like that of the standard Carrera (with the “old” horizontal grill, not the new one of the 991.2), front bumper of the GT3 with the old indicators and DRL, rear lights like the 991.1, CF-sport seats in leather/fabric with old-style Pepita-patterned cloth in black and white in the centre. The car , that was seen, featured PCCB and GT3-style rims, wheel caps were covered as well as the designation in the head rests, which should read 911 R, new-style steering wheel in alcantara but without the Porsche “991.2 manettino”, sport design rear mirrors, dials with white indexes, rev counter with “911” in white and “R” in red, alcantara interior with aluminum accents, GT3 RS front hood with regressed middle part. Car did not have rear seats. Center console was covered so no no details there, but the steering wheel did not have paddles. Car is rumored to be basically sold out as most dealers will only get one car. Mixed message on the car being part of the 918 VIP program as only 600 cars will be produced. Price tag in Europe is rumored to be 240k euros including the 18% VAT.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:28 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven_H
The 991 R without camouflage has been seen testing around the plant. We should see pictures shortly. In the meantime, it has one air vent at the bottom of the engine lid filled with a mesh, air vent below the front hood, similar to that of a GT3, also filled with a mesh, rear bumper exactly the same as that of a GT3, retractable rear spoiler like that of the standard Carrera (with the “old” horizontal grill, not the new one of the 991.2), front bumper of the GT3 with the old indicators and DRL, rear lights like the 991.1, CF-sport seats in leather/fabric with old-style Pepita-patterned cloth in black and white in the centre. The car , that was seen, featured PCCB and GT3-style rims, wheel caps were covered as well as the designation in the head rests, which should read 911 R, new-style steering wheel in alcantara but without the Porsche “991.2 manettino”, sport design rear mirrors, dials with white indexes, rev counter with “911” in white and “R” in red, alcantara interior with aluminum accents, GT3 RS front hood with regressed middle part. Car did not have rear seats. Center console was covered so no no details there, but the steering wheel did not have paddles. Car is rumored to be basically sold out as most dealers will only get one car. Mixed message on the car being part of the 918 VIP program as only 600 cars will be produced. Price tag in Europe is rumored to be 240k euros including the 18% VAT.
Great info, finally somebody that seems like they have seen the real deal. Exterior description matches the recent photos we've seen posted, but good to hear all the interior details. The RS-style hood I hadn't noticed in the spy shots, should be interesting to see what other CF bits the car gets. Likely confirms a model more like the Sport Classic with a price > RS.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:20 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for that info. Sounds like the C4 body then, not the narrower C2. Hard to tell from the description how much weight reduction has been achieved. Would be sorely disappointed if this is just a CF hood over a GT3. IMO, that would be negligible and hardly worth the premium price. Hopefully they'll go with Mg roof, and more CF body panels than GT3. Plus more to invoke the iconic features of the original (special lights, flared wheel arches, round vented and louvred windows, exceedingly spartan interior).

Not sure if I'm more or less excited about this car now...

Then again, maybe this was the same car that was previously seen (http://gtspirit.com/144913/gallery/17246/249479/) and not the final version??

Last edited by <3mph; 11-18-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:23 PM
emmros
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone with real intel on what the current markup is for the RS?
Old 11-18-2015, 01:40 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Car is rumored to be basically sold out as most dealers will only get one car. Mixed message on the car being part of the 918 VIP program as only 600 cars will be produced. Price tag in Europe is rumored to be 240k euros including the 18% VAT.
It will be a real disappointment if this ends up being the case. Porsche will lose me as a new car customer forever.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:07 PM
rave426
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I honestly kinda hope its priced out of this world. Then I wont feel bad about not being able to get an allocation. lol

Last edited by rave426; 11-19-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:52 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll take one if I can get it. Even at $300k.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:25 AM
dark knight
Drifting

the price ridiculous, production numbers absurd, I can't believe it to be true
Old 11-19-2015, 01:44 AM
sparkyglenn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rave426
I honestly kinda hopes is priced out of this world. Then I wont feel bad about not being able to get an allocation. lol
+1

If it's 600 units global, no chance for anyone.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:54 AM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Haven't been following the 911 R info closely - but the above is nothing but cosmetics - what am I missing?
Old 11-19-2015, 12:36 PM
dark knight
Drifting

either production numbers are wrong, or its just a gift to 918 owners, as a stockholder Im pissed, why make less than demand? all the resources expended for such a small run?
Old 11-19-2015, 02:57 PM
rave426
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dertub
I'll take one if I can get it. Even at $300k.
must be nice

Quick Reply: talked to dealer GM today - a little more intel on RS, PTS, R, etc.