Sponsored by:

Xpel Vs Ceramic Pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 11:58 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by 16'991GT3
been in contact with unique car care to figure out pricing, seems like best option in MA
They are wrapping my GT4 now!
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9035...-progress.html
Old 11-19-2015, 11:59 PM
hotwired
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

check out suntek film. Way better looking than xpel and has the same healing/protection properties. Those ceramic coatings are pretty much just for looks, they don't protect against anything.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:24 AM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup Unique Car Care, definitely looks like the way to go, so they have been the first ones I have contacted, if I'm going to do this, I want in done by the best, and can tell they've been doing great by all the referrals from here.

"check out suntek film. Way better looking than xpel and has the same healing/protection properties. Those ceramic coatings are pretty much just for looks, they don't protect against anything."

Will look into suntek, but i mean isn't the point of the clear films to be unseen once on the car? Can you elaborate on the difference in looks between Suntek and Xpel?
Old 11-20-2015, 05:28 PM
hotwired
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Will look into suntek, but i mean isn't the point of the clear films to be unseen once on the car? Can you elaborate on the difference in looks between Suntek and Xpel?
It just depends on how picky you are. Most people will consider xpel ultimate to be "invisible" but it does add a slight bit of orange peel to the paint. Suntek does too, but its noticeably less. Many of the local installers here that do exotics have switched over to suntek. Xpel has the better marketing and name recognition so some people will still ask for it. Additionally the suntek has less aggressive adhesive and can be removed much easier when it comes time to replace the film.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:54 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
Unique Car Care in your area has a great rapport within my community.
Can you recommend an installer in New York preferably on Long Island? Can you shed some light on Expel vs Suntek?
Old 11-21-2015, 12:22 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CGT000
Can you recommend an installer in New York preferably on Long Island? Can you shed some light on Expel vs Suntek?
In a few months I will be up there to perform a full custom wrap on the newest and best from Italy...the LaLa. But til then, I know Detailing Dynamics has a great rapport.

I want to be clear with everyone that I can only speak of the rapport of certain folks. Unless I have seen their prep work, installation methods and trimming techniques I can not speak absolutely about their quality. Please do your due diligence before committing to having someone work on your car.

Yes, I can give you quality feedback on Suntek and Xpel. But I want to place emphasis on finding the best installer. Once you have the best installer, THEN consider the film used.

I will attempt to make this as easy to digest as possible.

Suntek Pros: less texture, easier to install and less likely for adhesive distortion
Suntek Cons: only 5 year warranty, thinner film, there have been some QA issues with the topcoat, adhesive does not allow us(my staff and I) to perform our superior advanced wrap, more likely to have film lift on edges(though your warranty and installer should stand behind this no matter what).

Xpel Pros: thicker film, aggressive adhesive allows us to perform incredible wraps, 10 year warranty, excellent quality control on the film, appears more stain resistant than Suntek.
Xpel Cons: The same thing that allows for incredible wraps, the aggressive adhesive, can lead to adhesive distortion. It has more texture.

Here's the thing. The details I am giving can be somewhat seen as too much information than most need. The topic of texture is relative. If you have a great looking Xpel Ultimate installation, you will not be looking at "texture", you will be wondering where the film is. We've had a lot of clients come in for consultations and view completed Xpel Ultimate projects and they had no idea film was on the car. You can see that the texture is only relative to one another and that by itself, a quality Xpel installation looks fantastic.

The warranty lengths speak for themselves.

My personal opinion on the two films? I advise my clients let me install Xpel Ultimate.

I hope this helps.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:07 AM
16'991GT3
Pro

very helpful, thanks for the insight!
Old 11-21-2015, 02:36 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Best summary I've seen on the subject. Thank you for the write up.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:37 AM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
In a few months I will be up there to perform a full custom wrap on the newest and best from Italy...the LaLa. But til then, I know Detailing Dynamics has a great rapport.

I want to be clear with everyone that I can only speak of the rapport of certain folks. Unless I have seen their prep work, installation methods and trimming techniques I can not speak absolutely about their quality. Please do your due diligence before committing to having someone work on your car.

Yes, I can give you quality feedback on Suntek and Xpel. But I want to place emphasis on finding the best installer. Once you have the best installer, THEN consider the film used.

I will attempt to make this as easy to digest as possible.

Suntek Pros: less texture, easier to install and less likely for adhesive distortion
Suntek Cons: only 5 year warranty, thinner film, there have been some QA issues with the topcoat, adhesive does not allow us(my staff and I) to perform our superior advanced wrap, more likely to have film lift on edges(though your warranty and installer should stand behind this no matter what).

Xpel Pros: thicker film, aggressive adhesive allows us to perform incredible wraps, 10 year warranty, excellent quality control on the film, appears more stain resistant than Suntek.
Xpel Cons: The same thing that allows for incredible wraps, the aggressive adhesive, can lead to adhesive distortion. It has more texture.

Here's the thing. The details I am giving can be somewhat seen as too much information than most need. The topic of texture is relative. If you have a great looking Xpel Ultimate installation, you will not be looking at "texture", you will be wondering where the film is. We've had a lot of clients come in for consultations and view completed Xpel Ultimate projects and they had no idea film was on the car. You can see that the texture is only relative to one another and that by itself, a quality Xpel installation looks fantastic.

The warranty lengths speak for themselves.

My personal opinion on the two films? I advise my clients let me install Xpel Ultimate.

I hope this helps.
Great advice and extremely helpful. Thank you so much.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwired
Those ceramic coatings are pretty much just for looks, they don't protect against anything.
Well, when installed over clear bra they provide additional chemical resistance and enhance the appearance.

very helpful, thanks for the insight!

Originally Posted by signes
Best summary I've seen on the subject. Thank you for the write up.

Great advice and extremely helpful. Thank you so much.

You are all welcome. Glad to help.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:45 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Detail Dynamics in Mineola. Amongst the best in the US. They wrap around all possible edges.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:38 AM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by amfp
Detail Dynamics in Mineola. Amongst the best in the US. They wrap around all possible edges.
they are the absolute best
Old 11-23-2015, 12:09 PM
JanStuart
Intermediate

Would look at nanofusion instead of Xpel for a track car
Old 11-23-2015, 01:56 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Originally Posted by JanStuart
GT3 will be tracked maybe once a year so not really a track car, but did see that nano fusion has a life time warranty, is there any difference between nano fusion, and xPel?
Old 11-23-2015, 04:13 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JanStuart
The most important thing, as JC has stated is to find the right installer and the type of film you go with won't really matter. The right installer will put you in the right direction for the installation and film choice that best suits you and your vehicle.

Quick Reply: Xpel Vs Ceramic Pro