Sponsored by:

OT: Houston People

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 05:53 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OT: Houston People

I know it's not in the right section, but a lot of people here have lived in and bought cars from Porsche North Houston or West Houston Porsche and this is the section I'm most familiar with. I have a friend who lives in Houston and she's looking to buy a Panamera. I think I've talked her into getting a used Panamera GTS as opposed to a used "S". I also told her, that a good salesperson will help her find one in the Porsche network anywhere in the country and can help with all the particulars like shipping, if coming from out of state. She will be financing it through Porsche. Anyway, Does anyone have a good recommendation of a salesperson at either Dealer who they've personally worked with for situations that didn't involve a car already on their lot? She went into Porsche of West Houston and all they wanted to do is try to sell her something on the lot even though nothing in stock was quite exactly what she was looking for, so she wasn't too happy with her salesperson. If you rather PM me than say in a public forum, please by all means feel free to PM me and I'll pass along the info. Also, if you have a salesperson that you recommend staying completely away from, that info would also be appreciated as i want her to be happy with her purchase. This is her first big purchase, she's trading in her A5 that she's had for 6 years and decided it's time to treat herself as a reward for her hard work and accomplishments! Thank you for any help and referrals. And of course, if you give a referral, she can make sure to use your name as a referral that way maybe when allocations come up for the next GT3/RS/R etc. come up, you having given referrals will hopefully help you up the allocation list Thanks again!
Old 10-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

They make more $ selling their inventory, and for less work. Her best bet is to go to the PorscheUSA web site and use the dealer finder by zip code. You can check surrounding dealers inventory online. Some of the vehicles will be incoming or sold. If she does not find what she is looking for in her zip code area she can type in another zip code.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:43 AM
BlackRain
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's my recommendation at Porsche North Houston, always a pleasure to work with

Rodger Gay | Professional Porsche Sales Consultant

Rodger Gay has been in the automotive industry since 1974 and with Porsche since 1977. He was born in Houston and grew up in Sugar Land, TX. He’s a Porsche owner and enthusiast. Rodger has been involved with the Lone Star Region Porsche Club for many years. His 1st Porsche was a 1977 911 Coupe and his latest cars have included Porsche 911, Cayman R, and new Boxster S. Rodger is committed to building strong relationships and guiding every customer along the road of their Porsche journey.

Phone: 281-944-2110

Email: rgay@porscheofnorthhouston.com

Steve
Old 10-22-2015, 10:47 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^ I second what Steve said above. I purchased my 991 GT3 from Rodger and he was great to work with. Would def. work with him again.

Last edited by Rovman; 10-22-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Birel22
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also cannot say enough good things about Rodger Gay. He truly loves the brand, is an enthusiast owner, and enjoys the track whenever time permits. He is a pleasure to work with and get to know. As a younger customer, he never once brushed me off or was short with me (even when bugging him about GT allocations). Most importantly, the wife also thinks he is a respectful, nice man. All future p cars will be through him!

Grant
Old 10-25-2015, 10:07 PM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Agreed, Rodger Gay at North Houston.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:34 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

John North Houston. He is here on RL and has worked really well with me on my cars.

Carlos -West Houston - he is the sales mgr & is who I would call.

Baton Rouge is close- my old store and I have a GT3 on order. My salesman is the grandson of the owner and a really nice guy. I say that bc that means he isn't going anywhere- Ryan Kinsley

NOLA has a nice guy I don't know really well, but his advice helped me get a GT3. Scott Fenton

Denver- Prestige- Graham Pearce. really nice brit & a porsche pro. we did the Cayenne deal while he was riding the ski lift in vail & I picked up the Cayenne while out in breckenrdige on a ski trip & drove back to TX.

It really comes down to what a dealer has and when it shows up. I got lucky as the Cayenne S I found came in off-lease and was priced well regardless of the huge sticker of nearly $100k (most Cayenne S quit around $85k) made it a no brainer good buy.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:10 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my personal experience does not allow me to recommend Momentum or West Porsche (both are Sonic).

Also consider looking at park place in Dallas. They are one of the largest preowned dealers in the country.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:36 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kosmo
my personal experience does not allow me to recommend Momentum or West Porsche (both are Sonic).

Also consider looking at park place in Dallas. They are one of the largest preowned dealers in the country.
Haha I almost said something about Sonic, but you know the old sayin.. if you don't have something nice to say..
Old 10-26-2015, 08:39 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo

This.

The owner of Park Place is a class act though I haven't bought any cars from them. I've been unsuccessful purchasing cars from any of the Houston dealers and don't bother trying anymore. It's easy enough to drive them back from Miami.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:56 AM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob Hall at Autobahn in Ft Worth
Old 10-27-2015, 01:34 PM
dunlopnick
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Porsche North

Without a doubt - dealership team is excellent brand ambassadors
Attached Images