Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS with Sport Bucket Seat.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 05:35 AM
vtr80
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 GT3 RS with Sport Bucket Seat.

Hello guys,

I just placing order for 991 GT3 RS. and considering to switch the full bucket seat to sport bucket seat. does anyone have a picture of the 991 RS interior with sport bucket seat?

Thank you.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Mass_K
Advanced

If I were you I would get the full bucket... but to each their own.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:27 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

full bucket super comfortable, even for multi-hour driving (I am 5'11 200lbs). I would really think long and hard about not putting them into an RS. but sorry, to answer your question, don't have pics
Old 09-04-2015, 10:04 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I totally agree with the above comments, get the LWB's or you'll wish you did. I am truly enjoying mine.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:56 AM
mlcgd21
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vtr80
Hello guys,

I just placing order for 991 GT3 RS. and considering to switch the full bucket seat to sport bucket seat. does anyone have a picture of the 991 RS interior with sport bucket seat?

Thank you.
Don't feel bad on choosing those, I will probably get crucified here but I'm getting mine with the standard confort seats because:

- Back problems
- I plan on use it for everything, including doing long distance trips
- Need to access the rear of the car for luggage, very hard with the buckets
- Wife hates the buckets, gets very cacooned
- I had the chance to try them and they are very hard to get in and out, and very stiff, also not good for my body type

If I would drive the car only occasionaly and/or mainly for track usage I would consider the LWS, but as much as I love the looks of those seats, it would make my life with the car much harder and probably less enjoyable, for me it has more cons than pros, and the car is for me to enjoy so I already decided on this and can't justify them.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:28 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Most definitely not crucified. But do you have seat time in them? Definitely not convenient for access to the back of car. But I find them extremely supportive and I have some back issues. Longest I rode in them was about 3 hours straight and they were great. Obviously no wrong answers here
Old 09-04-2015, 11:30 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by mariodiniz21
Don't feel bad on choosing those, I will probably get crucified here but I'm getting mine with the standard confort seats because:

- Back problems
- I had the chance to try them and they are very hard to get in and out, and very stiff, also not good for my body type

If I would drive the car only occasionaly and/or mainly for track usage I would consider the LWS, but as much as I love the looks of those seats, it would make my life with the car much harder and probably less enjoyable, for me it has more cons than pros, and the car is for me to enjoy so I already decided on this and can't justify them.
If I got an allocation I would do the sofa seats as well....and there will be lots of buyers that prefer them to the LWB's.....
Old 09-04-2015, 11:32 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

They are comfortable once you are in them. They are slightly more difficult to get in and out of even if you are athletic. I ordered them but if I were going to use the car every day I would have gotten the 18 way seats instead. I have them in my turbo and they are great.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:34 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

no question for an every day or even close to every day GT3, i would not get the LWB... and they are indeed a huge PITA to get in and out of... but once in them, I found them very supportive. for a weekend/track car, I think they are great
Old 09-04-2015, 01:10 PM
mlcgd21
Intermediate

OP I attached a photo of the seats available for the RS, normal buckets included.

I just sat on them and did not drive the car. I consider myself pretty athletic but still they are hard to get in and and specially to get out, I love the looks but they are not pratical enough, and I pretend on doing trips around europe where I can drive as much as 10 hours in one day, so I really prefer not to take the risk, I will eventually drive the car daily to work etc if I want to and the sport seats will make my life easier for sure.
Attached Images  
Old 09-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mariodiniz21

- Back problems

Agreed, it all depends on how you use the car. If someone wants them later, they will be available.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:19 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get them only if you will track often. The 18 ways are a much better option for the street. I sat in them in both the GT3 and the GT4 and while they are comfortable enough and not that hard to get into, the lack of any adjustment other than height would be painful on my back. If you are going to just track occasionally, there are better aftermarket options out there that you can swap in and out as needed.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:21 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Watch chris harris video!
Old 09-04-2015, 03:19 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Buy whatever fits your needs the best! But your driving impression won't be the same with sofas. Seats are a key component for driving experience.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by vtr80
Guessing you are outside of the US. We do not have the 'sport bucket' (aka 'GT2' seat) option here. Wish we did, though...while the 'full bucket' (aka 'LWB' or '918' seat) is pretty, the 'sport bucket' is more functional with its folding back for access to the rear area. The 'sport bucket' promises to be lighter as well, as it does not have the motorized height adjustment of the 'full bucket'.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS with Sport Bucket Seat.