Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona 2015...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 01:04 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts
Default Daytona 2015...

Hey - I'm down here in Daytona for the Rolex 24 hour. Anybody else here? Would love to meet anybody who's here.

PCA field? Or...

Motor home parked at #518. Mexico Blue Mustang ragtop rental.

I'd be great to meet you guys.

Joel
PCA Canada West Region
New Member Director
Old 01-23-2015, 04:15 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

How about those Caymans? !!

planned to be there this weekend but work got in the way, maybe next year
Old 01-24-2015, 09:43 AM
chas911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Kudos to Ethan Low, starting driver of the #31 Bodymotion Cayman. His first pro race, qualified 6th, brought it to the front, ran 3rd and was nose to tail with the leaders for 60 min. Had the quickest lap of all the starting drivers and ultimately had the 5th quickest lap in ST, and forgot, he is a senior in high school. Keep your eye on him this season.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:51 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

awesome job!
congrats to Ethan
CTSC has some great racing

Originally Posted by chas911
Kudos to Ethan Low, starting driver of the #31 Bodymotion Cayman. His first pro race, qualified 6th, brought it to the front, ran 3rd and was nose to tail with the leaders for 60 min. Had the quickest lap of all the starting drivers and ultimately had the 5th quickest lap in ST, and forgot, he is a senior in high school. Keep your eye on him this season.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Caymans did great! Suspect this incoming GT4 may add an extra category. 991's errr...

Had a great weekend but I can handle WATCHING cars drive around only SO much. Got home, fired up the Spyder, dropped the tops, and went for a great burn around the city. Ahhhhhhhhhh...

P.s. The PCA Coral was a hit with lots of old and new, great presentations, and the unveiling of the PCA 991 Club Couple in "Club Blau", a totally original color. Beautiful. Keep your PCA membership up to date and you'll be automatically added to the draw at Rennsport this Sept. No Spyders there!
Old 01-28-2015, 02:05 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I wish I had seen this thread sooner, I was at the Rolex as well. What a great time! I'm surprised I didnt' bump into you at the coral, I was there also and somehow got tagged for an interview.

Some beautiful Porsche's in the corral, especially that Azure Blue Cayman RUF. Also loved the green 964 and a handful of others. The blue on the club coupe is striking and far better in person. I do wish they added some suspension mods and a few other performance items as standard.

I could sit and watch the races all day every day. It's like a racoon's attraction to shiny objects, I had a hard time not focusing on it. My favorite view was in the grandstands where the cars turn into/out of the infield. Saw the Ferrari hit the Aston and I still wonder what the hell he was thinking.

Awesome time, awesome weather, great people.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:52 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I wish I had seen this thread sooner, I was at the Rolex as well. What a great time! I'm surprised I didnt' bump into you at the coral, I was there also and somehow got tagged for an interview.

Some beautiful Porsche's in the corral, especially that Azure Blue Cayman RUF. Also loved the green 964 and a handful of others. The blue on the club coupe is striking and far better in person. I do wish they added some suspension mods and a few other performance items as standard.

I could sit and watch the races all day every day. It's like a racoon's attraction to shiny objects, I had a hard time not focusing on it. My favorite view was in the grandstands where the cars turn into/out of the infield. Saw the Ferrari hit the Aston and I still wonder what the hell he was thinking.

Awesome time, awesome weather, great people.
Afshin - yes! Crazy fun and too bad we didn't cross paths. The PCA corral was a blast and I frequented there often, seeing so many nice P-cars. Saw the RUF and all those nice vintage 911's and a handful of really pretty Caymans but NO SPYDERS! WTF?

Our mo-ho was just down from the PCA site, right by that first left corner in the horse-shore.

That exact spot in the grand stands was great I agree.

Next time let's plan on meeting up.

Joel

Name:  IMGP9990.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  170.4 KB
Old 01-31-2015, 03:11 PM
Craig67
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Probably walked right by you guys a few times. I was too late on the PCA Corral or there would have been a Spyder there.....next year!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:36 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Craig67
Probably walked right by you guys a few times. I was too late on the PCA Corral or there would have been a Spyder there.....next year!
Yes! We need some representation there!

Quick Reply: Daytona 2015...