Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman and Boxster GTS... Link to pix...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 12:34 PM
achildofthesky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayman and Boxster GTS... Link to pix...

I saw this and thought I'd post it as I don't see it here. It has actual pix of a Cayman and Boxster with different Facias and rear end diffuser panels. Also appears that the Cayman pix have a bit of dish to the rear wheels.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...d-testing.html

AutoGuide.Com:
"The first prototypes of the new Porsche Boxster GTS and Cayman GTS models have been spied testing.

Both vehicles will be getting new front bumpers while the Cayman GTS will benefit from LED daytime running lights. In the rear, both sports cars will get new diffusers. Most importantly however, the GTS models will see a slight performance bump of 15 to 20 hp and standard PASM damping control while the interior will benefit from leather wrapped surafces and an upgraded steering wheel.

Though the prototype GTS models were spied testing with 19-inch wheels, the production models will be fitted with 20-inch rollers. The new GTS models are expected to make their debut this spring or summer."

Compare this to an earlier AutoGuide.com article a while back:

Autoguide.com:
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ve-370-hp.html

"According to a Porsche dealership in Northern California, the 2015 Porsche Cayman and Boxster GTS models will feature 370 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque.

That means those GTS variants of the Cayman and Boxster see quite a bit more performance, complemented by a standard manual transmission and standard Porsche active suspension management, all resulting in a slightly quicker 0-60 time. The dealership specified that they’ll be available for May 2014 delivery and will have an MSRP of roughly $75,000.

Currently, the Cayman S has 325 hp and 272 lb-ft of torque while the Boxster S features 315 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque. While this is still a rumor, it appears that the jump in performance for the GTS models might be on the high side. Other sources are reporting that the GTS models will simply have a 15-hp boost compared to their S counterparts."

What do you think?

Be safe
Patty

Last edited by achildofthesky; 01-17-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:47 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yet more power for the mid-engines? there must be a civil war going on inside Porsche...
Old 01-17-2014, 12:50 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

I LIKE! The styling doesn't seem to be all that different, but 370hp Boxster? Yes, please! My only complaint is that it's not a Boxster GT3.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:10 PM
achildofthesky
Instructor

The latest information floating around has the smaller HP gain in the 15-20 region. Any additional is appreciated but the cars would REALLY benefit from a solid torque boost. Look at the HP & Torque charts and you will see the torque rise then drop off and 2000 rpm plus later rise again. This gap is more noticeable than on the 3.8 engine in the Carreras (still really apparent) and is either due to emissions or fuel economy or most likely both concerns.

On another board I read a post from a person talking about Isringhausen offering a 4.2 build for Cayman (and I would imagine the Boxster too). The following was said to be from an ad in the 2014 Panorama (I cannot verify as I do not get the magazine, if someone could verify please do so)-

"Isringhausen Motorsports has teamed up with Raby Engine Development and LN Engineering to produce a street legal, high-performance Cayman. This car will be equipped with the 4.2 Liter engine you read about in Panorama Magazine last month. Please contact Isringhausen Imports to schedule a demonstration as we will soon begin taking orders."

I have a call in to Geoff to inquire about this and see if dyno charts are available to demonstrate power characteristics. A 4.2 would naturally have more torque by virtue of size but how much more and where is a very important thing as the build is being billed as "street and track" performance oriented.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:21 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

Have been some other threads on this. I recall seeing some alleged bootleg internal presentation slides stating something like +15 hp. Maybe on jalopnik? I would love to see 375 hp but doubt it.

Yes the isringhausen ad is in the latest issue of Pano #682. You can get the mag by joining PCA.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:11 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I've also read 15 Hp gains for the new GTS versions.

Personally I wouldn't buy it specced this way and would prefer the sport suspension instead of PASM, I'm curious if they will offer it up this way. THey should also have included PSE in the package.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:38 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by achildofthesky
The latest information floating around has the smaller HP gain in the 15-20 region. Any additional is appreciated but the cars would REALLY benefit from a solid torque boost. Look at the HP & Torque charts and you will see the torque rise then drop off and 2000 rpm plus later rise again. This gap is more noticeable than on the 3.8 engine in the Carreras (still really apparent) and is either due to emissions or fuel economy or most likely both concerns.

On another board I read a post from a person talking about Isringhausen offering a 4.2 build for Cayman (and I would imagine the Boxster too). The following was said to be from an ad in the 2014 Panorama (I cannot verify as I do not get the magazine, if someone could verify please do so)-

"Isringhausen Motorsports has teamed up with Raby Engine Development and LN Engineering to produce a street legal, high-performance Cayman. This car will be equipped with the 4.2 Liter engine you read about in Panorama Magazine last month. Please contact Isringhausen Imports to schedule a demonstration as we will soon begin taking orders."

I have a call in to Geoff to inquire about this and see if dyno charts are available to demonstrate power characteristics. A 4.2 would naturally have more torque by virtue of size but how much more and where is a very important thing as the build is being billed as "street and track" performance oriented.
I've seen a pic of that LN/Raby Cayman. But it was a 987.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:47 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by perfectlap
I've seen a pic of that LN/Raby Cayman. But it was a 987.
This
Old 01-17-2014, 07:25 PM
achildofthesky
Instructor

Thumbs up GTS...

Originally Posted by zedcat
Have been some other threads on this. I recall seeing some alleged bootleg internal presentation slides stating something like +15 hp. Maybe on jalopnik? I would love to see 375 hp but doubt it.

Yes the isringhausen ad is in the latest issue of Pano #682. You can get the mag by joining PCA.
zedcat:

Thanks for the confirmation on that. Much appreciated.
Be safe
Patty

Quick Reply: Cayman and Boxster GTS... Link to pix...