Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 987 Clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 12:47 PM
dflohr
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 987 Clutch problem

Have a 2007 Boxster S 45K miles. The other day something happened with the clutch system and I'm hoping someone has a suggestion that may be an alternative to a $2700 new clutch told me I needed by a Porsche repair shop.

Very careful with the car. No evidence at all of slipping. The symptoms are 1) the shifter is slightly harder to move between gears and 2) while the pedal down feels the same, the return is much different than it was. The clutch starts to engage literally during the first 1/2" of the pedal coming off of the floor. It seems slower to return back up as well.

It happened very suddenly. Drove somewhere and it was fine. Got back in the car and stalled out twice backing up when I realized something was wrong.

Any one with any ideas? Thanks
Old 11-12-2013, 07:27 PM
chrismmm
Instructor

Sorry to hear this. And hope this gets worked out for you. Before i replaced my transmission (which was shot but I didnt know it) I took it to a trans shop and asked for a trans kit fluid flush and refill hoping this would clear my Problem. Wishful thinking on hoping that would solve my problem spending 250 on the work...a week later turned it into a shop for new clutch. Let us know how things go man and hope you get back to driving your boxster soon.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:33 AM
BostonDuce
Racer

Ever bleed the clutch slave cylinder? Check for brake fluid under the master cylinder and under the car tracing the path of the clutch line.

Sounds like your slave cylinder isn't retracting the friction disk from the flywheel.

The problem with clutch issues is that unless it's right in front of you, i.e broken hydraulic line, etc., you have to dismantle the whole enchilada to find the problem. By then you might as well replace every wear item "while you're in there".

Your mileage maybe premature for clutch replacement, (under normal driving), but it's still close to being used over 50% of it's expected life.

Good luck.
BD
Old 01-24-2022, 10:32 PM
dan_man
8th Gear

Default Seems like the same issue

Reviving this VERY dead thread wondering what the solution was? seems very similar to my problem. Would love a reply! Thanks!

my thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/987-foru...ydraulics.html

Quick Reply: 07 987 Clutch problem