Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sound package plus

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:32 AM
michaelscain
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default sound package plus

Hi,

Last week I bought a porsche boxster s (987) which has the sound package plus.

I love the car but am a little disappointed with the sound system. It sounds at best cheap and tinny!

I have found the following upgrade which may improve the sound system of the plus system...
i.e.

porsche 987 rear speaker upgrade - for non BOSE cars

Has anyone had any experience of this sound system?
Or
How does it compare to the standard BOSE system?

Anyway as no one seams to be responding to my call for help, i have gone and ordered them.

Cheers

Michael

Last edited by michaelscain; 06-24-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:43 AM
jmauck
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did this in my boxster S as the speakers were not installed. The upgrade was night and day. I didn't use this company but the speakers and the parts look the same. I paid around 200.00 for mine and loved them. I also used a little poly fill in the open space to give the speakers a little more push. Here is a link for the install plan on spending an hour or so.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...r_speakers.htm
Old 09-10-2009, 06:57 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 388 Posts

Also take the car to any good high end stereo show who work with European cars and they can "upgrade" your system to sounds as you'd like I am sure as well as keep it either custom or factory to your likes or dislikes.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:41 PM
tc_sting
3rd Gear

Even though this post is old, I'll add my experience recently buying a Boxster in case other future buyers are interested.

When test driving various boxster options, I happen to try the base sound, a car with sound package plus option, and a car that had itself the Bose option.

While sound package plus gives you more speakers, I felt that it did not give you superior sound, just more of it. I see no reason to get the sound package plus option, the price tag of $700 is a bit rude.

The Bose sound option was very good. But of course is it $1690 more to the car. Was that amount worth it to me? No.

In the end I decided I can provide for future sound upgrades on my own (if so desired) better and cheaper than the Porsche options.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:51 AM
jerseymike68
Track Day

Thanks for the post...

Quick Reply: sound package plus