Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Cayman and Boxster forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 10:44 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 92 Posts

You can also try the PCA cayman register ( and PCA boxster register) as other sites. Pretty friendly and have some DIY support.

caymanregister.org
Old 02-22-2017, 12:18 AM
Spokayman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by arter
You can also try the PCA cayman register ( and PCA boxster register) as other sites. Pretty friendly and have some DIY support.

caymanregister.org
+1 on the PCA Cayman and Boxster Register forums.
Some may find that technical content is wanting as most of the technical articles on both the Cayman and Boxster Register are geared toward the 987 and not so many toward the 981, though that is changing slowly.
Info about track oriented upgrades is plentiful and there is congenial general chit-chat as well.
Folks really need to hold their egos and controversial opinions in check to get along on those PCA forums, and that is the exact reason that I appreciate them so much.
In contrast it seems that P9 is sometimes where the opinionated arguers congregate, led by one or two of the moderators. On the other hand, I've appreciated some technical content I've gleaned from that forum over time.

Rennlist was my first automotive forum and in many ways is still my standby forum with many positives, much knowledge shared, and a minimum of negative posts. It also has by far the most variety which appeals to me as I am interested in several Porsche models.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:22 AM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^^^

I tend to agree with the above, I like the variety at Rennlist, and in the main, most people are pretty sensible.

Oh by the way I am now banned until the 28th Feb - its clear as the ban lift time approaches - a few more days are added. (18th becomes 20th, 20th becomes 22nd and 22nd becomes 28th)

Thus it gets ever more amusing - the moderator must be very sensitive, I guess its a terrible affront to ask for a moderator to removed for breaking his own rules or perhaps his skinny jeans were chaffing a bit too much on that particular day or perhaps his decaf mocha soy latte was served at 88 instead of 92. I can understand the compounded anguish caused by events of this type.

My daughter is very happy as she's a Uni student and to her its clear "dad" has become an internet radical and leader, breaking down the barriers that inhibit freedom of expression - this is said in complete humour

Last edited by randr; 02-23-2017 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:11 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

I'm guessing the reason we don't have a separate forums for the 987-981-718 has a lot to do with overall traffic. I'm not sure we've reached the tipping point where enough posting is coming in to justify it. If we split into sub forums we'd barely be idling here and while they are three completely different cars technically, they all share enough heritage that it makes some sense (to me at least) to keep them together. If enough folks ask loudly enough though, I would think the mods would take notice.

As to P-9, its not my practice to speak poorly of others but I have zero doubt that the well intended community of folks there would walk away in a heartbeat if they only knew. I've had personal dealings in the past with the owner of the site (and I suspect "moderator" too) and I don't visit there, nor do I suspect I'd be welcome. As always tho, ymmv.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:03 AM
randr
Banned

HaHa surprise surprise my ban has been extended to 25th of March - note I requested the removal of a moderator who was clearly and repeatedly in breach of the forum rules.

For clarity, I sent a PM to the site owner and posted a thread requesting the removal of a specific moderator for a breach of the forum rules and requested the same in a thread. Apparently this constitutes spam.

The site owner/moderator appear to be one in the same - the ban is continuing to roll with no explanation

I have no intention of speaking out against specific individuals - however his or their own actions are doing the "speaking" for them.

I simply can not recommend a site that behaves in this way. I certainly regret make a donation to that particular site.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:24 PM
Voyager6
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

10 months ago, I said some things that a site-sponsoring vendor took issue with and asked the site's owner to pull my posts and I got publicly flogged for violation of terms of service, but the owner's private emails were much more reasonable, wanting proof of my statements, which I supplied. However, it got uglier and uglier in public and he locked the thread on my car to quiet things down.

I wasn't banned (although I dared him to ban me) because he verified my statement with the vendor, but I stayed away for six months due to bad taste from the event. Things are a bit more cordial there towards me now and the owner reopened my car's thread and things have been civil since.

V6
Old 02-27-2017, 09:22 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by randr
HaHa surprise surprise my ban has been extended to 25th of March - note I requested the removal of a moderator who was clearly and repeatedly in breach of the forum rules.

For clarity, I sent a PM to the site owner and posted a thread requesting the removal of a specific moderator for a breach of the forum rules and requested the same in a thread. Apparently this constitutes spam.

The site owner/moderator appear to be one in the same - the ban is continuing to roll with no explanation

I have no intention of speaking out against specific individuals - however his or their own actions are doing the "speaking" for them.

I simply can not recommend a site that behaves in this way. I certainly regret make a donation to that particular site.
We should start a pool to see when the ban ends!
Old 02-27-2017, 09:45 PM
Chasmisties
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize that this isn't what this thread is really about, but as a new 718 owner, I just want to say I love it. Its my first Porsche, so I have no point of comparison, but this car is everything I hoped for....quick, fast, fun, tight, comfortable, great looking, etc. I'm a very happy owner.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:19 AM
backeddy
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahahaha...that ban is nothing, I was permanently banned (as a senior member) from camaro5/6 because I stated that my Spyder will have less depreciation than a brand new Camaro! This is a great forum with active members (that can even disagree with each other and not be banned), hopefully more P9 members will show up here. You know, the vote with your feet thing!
Old 02-28-2017, 10:01 AM
randr
Banned

Originally Posted by Chasmisties
I realize that this isn't what this thread is really about, but as a new 718 owner, I just want to say I love it. Its my first Porsche, so I have no point of comparison, but this car is everything I hoped for....quick, fast, fun, tight, comfortable, great looking, etc. I'm a very happy owner.
Totally agree, its a pile of fun!

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
We should start a pool to see when the ban ends!
I know its become fun - slightly surreal - I don't know how long I can sit in the corner facing the wall I suspect it will be a very long time - but to be fair his skinny jeans were chaffing a lot at the time, lots of wear and tear on the thighs chaffing is a terrible thing - I believe the CDC in Atlanta are very concernrd about an out break of chaffing and decaf soy lattes. (I think that got me another month)

Its great to see that 986/987/981/982(718) owners can co-exist in peace over here!

Originally Posted by backeddy
Hahahaha...that ban is nothing, I was permanently banned (as a senior member) from camaro5/6 because I stated that my Spyder will have less depreciation than a brand new Camaro! This is a great forum with active members (that can even disagree with each other and not be banned), hopefully more P9 members will show up here. You know, the vote with your feet thing!
I think I need to get an eye patch to go with the notoriety!

Last edited by randr; 02-28-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:15 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by randr

2 of them....polejob n gayman. i closed my account years ago.....i swear if you misspelled porsche they would mod ya......they had a few cheerleaders there BUT a few that would p/m me with support .
Old 02-28-2017, 10:22 AM
randr
Banned

Originally Posted by extanker
2 of them....polejob n gayman. i closed my account years ago.....i swear if you misspelled porsche they would mod ya......they had a few cheerleaders there BUT a few that would p/m me with support .
Gotcha - is it possible to mis - spell or interchange "wankchops" with "remove moderator" I used the term remove moderator - I suspect they read "wankchops". Perhaps its cultural

(oh oh that'll be another month)
Old 02-28-2017, 10:27 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

tell the 2 i said hello...................that will get you even more time off. One of them was scared to say when he was coming near my state.......i sssssoooo wanted to meet him
Old 02-28-2017, 10:53 AM
danschy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This may be slightly off topic, but forums can be pretty brutal, especially very active forums like the P-one, where you are bound to generate flames from some person who enjoys flaming, even with the most basic question or comment. I have occasionally taken a hiatus due to getting pretty annoyed at responses to my queries/comments. A couple days ago I got a pretty snarky response, and started to write a retort, then (gritting my teeth) instead wrote a more calm "I don't understand your response". The snarky poster apologized, then proceeded to give me the exact info I was requesting, which was very refreshing. The biggest issue I have with forums is the difficulty with judging someone's expertise on an issue, since everyone thinks they are THE EXPERT. It is a little easier to do on less active forums where you can keep track of the idiots vs experts.

Quick Reply: Best Cayman and Boxster forum