Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for 981 Boxster owners (GTS here)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 05:05 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank you for all the great suggestions. Since the alternative clear deflector is not well engineered IMO, not worth throwing 100 bucks away indeed, so will keep the mesh one. Without any sensors/cameara, it's probably more important to be able to look at the rear than another such equipped Boxster, but if the mesh blocks view significantly, it can stay under the driver's seat when top is up. Not a big deal.

By the way, just noticed the roof console is different on the Cayman due to the 'box' where the roof closes. Does anybody know if the same credit card method to remove it (from the front) applies to the Boxster? I'd like to know before ordering the BlendMount bracket and MirrorTap cable. I tried to insert my fingernail between the box and the console, and was able to do so, but the potential problem is the ambient LED at the edge of it was bent, and want to make sure it won't get damaged, since it'd bend even more after inserting a c/c. I also want to make sure the clips are on the same (front, as in closest to us when sitting in the car) location. Thanks gang.

Quick Reply: Question for 981 Boxster owners (GTS here)