Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black/Black 2016 Boxster Spyder with LWB's! Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 06:08 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

gorgeous car... I almost want to get a black 987 now... (Have 7 white cars currently).... you have me thinking...
Old 03-29-2016, 06:12 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
One of the odd things about this build is that when you get the red stitching package, they omit the steering wheel and shift boot. I got the shift boot (and shifter, comes as one) from Suncoast and swapped it out - love the difference. Minor expense and ties it all in.
Here are the before and after pics.
I was wondering.... I need silver!
Old 06-13-2016, 11:30 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Exclusive Option

Got my ordered leather parts from Exclusive Option - installed them today - love the little details - I did the inner sills in black with red stitching, dash end plates (before and after), chrono pod surround, LWB bolster protectors and steering column casing. Love how it turned out.
Attached Images       
Old 06-14-2016, 12:48 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Nice!!! I had no idea items like the column casing could be installed after the fact. Those touches look fantastic.. Extra stitching on my red classic interior don't really make a difference as its all red.. But with your deviating that's amazing.

My next p-car will have all the possible deviating avaialble.. You feel and notice it every time you drive
Old 06-14-2016, 12:54 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Thx! I love how it turned out. The steering column casing is really easy to install and a great touch. Sills are also terrific as is the Chrono pod.
As well, I have a PTS 991 RS that I have had built and am visiting it next week at the factory. I added a ton of CXX special stitching (yellow) and it is always nicer from the factory. Excited to see it all in person. Got the rear in leather which includes speakers, extended dash, air vents, inner sills, fuse covers, steering column casing, visors, wheel, etc etc
Also having the coffee table book made to show the assembly of the car (book exterior is made to match the car's interior) and some matching luggage, as well. I also have a detail done inspired by your car. Will post pics next week when I see it in person.
Because I am insane, I am having the car flown back so I have it for the summer. YOLO!
Old 06-14-2016, 01:30 AM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The Spyder has always been a beautiful looking car - However, in black it looks amazing. The juxtaposition of the "matte" soft top with the "gloss" body work is sensational.

Well done and congrats
Old 06-14-2016, 10:24 AM
parealtor
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amazing car.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:45 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Thanks, guys.
Love this car.
Going to the factory this week to pick up my PTS Viper Green RS. Very excited.
Finally used my Spyder indoor cover (OEM) and it is terrific. Here is a pic.
Jeff
Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2016, 09:02 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Got my ordered leather parts from Exclusive Option . . . Love how it turned out.
Looks great I'm not normally a fan of aftermarket interior upgrades, but this company does first class work. Well done!

Love the mats, too
Old 06-16-2016, 09:07 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Thanks - I did not order this car and if I had I would have added more leather/stitching. Agreed, Exclusive Option does a great job for those parts that are missed.
On my new RS I have all of these bits coming from the factory. Inner sills in leather especially really are a nice touch.
Jeff
Old 06-16-2016, 09:16 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Really looking forward to seeing pics of your RS, not to mention your matching luggage (since I'm a luggage nut) and the Exclusive book.

Safe travels and enjoy what I'm sure will be a most memorable trip to the factory!
Old 06-16-2016, 09:19 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
Really looking forward to seeing pics of your RS, not to mention your matching luggage (since I'm a luggage nut) and the Exclusive book.

Safe travels and enjoy what I'm sure will be a most memorable trip to the factory!
Thanks - that makes two of us - I am really excited for this car. Been a labor of love for a few years, making the changes, back and forth, getting approvals, etc...will post pics next week from the road (will try). Flying the car home from the factory so I don't lose the summer. Lots to do!
The luggage should be really cool - going to match it to the interior (their suggestion) but also it will be customized to me. Couple of other cool surprises, too. Very, very excited.
Jeff

Last edited by JCBH; 06-16-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:09 PM
edkwon
Racer

Received 246 Likes on 97 Posts

Gorgeous car and congrats on the RS. I live in Los Angeles too, new GTS owner here, would love to check out your car, perhaps on a canyon run some time
Old 06-16-2016, 10:19 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by edkwon
Gorgeous car and congrats on the RS. I live in Los Angeles too, new GTS owner here, would love to check out your car, perhaps on a canyon run some time
Congrats on the new GTS - enjoy and will be hitting the canyons for sure when we return with the car!
Old 06-16-2016, 10:32 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 517 Posts

Looks great. A few of us went on a mountain drive last week. I had my Spyder, my friend had his 991 RS and one of his friends had a 997.1 RS. I had about an hour of seat time in the 991RS. It's an amazing car and it kills me that I have to wait a few years for the .2.

That being said...I predict you're going to enjoy the Spyder more on the streets.

Quick Reply: Black/Black 2016 Boxster Spyder with LWB's! Wow!