Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Music Streaming and BOSE System

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 12:27 PM
checkmate1996
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Bluetooth Music Streaming and BOSE System

In my build, I have the BOSE system stereo package. Can you stream music from your iphone via bluetooth or do you need the full nav option to do that?
Old 07-24-2015, 04:05 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Follow the instructions on the linked pdf to pair your phone..

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...ice/bluetooth/
Old 07-25-2015, 11:24 AM
TimD
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 36 Posts

You need the CDR+ or full NAV. I have CDR+ and Bose and the system works perfectly on my 15 CS.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:48 PM
mrwilson
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this connected to my BOSE stereo. Sound quality is excellent.

Amazon.com: Arcam MINIBLINK Audiophile Bluetooth Music Converter/Streamer: Electronics Amazon.com: Arcam MINIBLINK Audiophile Bluetooth Music Converter/Streamer: Electronics
Old 11-23-2015, 03:34 PM
IAortho
Instructor

Default Arcam miniblink shutdown when AUX cable inserted????

Hi guys -- I bought an Arcam miniblink after reading positive reviews on Rennlist for a new Boxster Spyder with the CDR31 and Bose system. Everything works fine with an AUX cable, but I was hoping to have the phone be hands-free as there is no good cubby space in the 981's like there was on the 987 Boxsters.

I'm no computer/ electronics person, but the Arcam unit did pair with my phone and it powers on so long as the AUX cable is not plugged into the Porsche glovebox AUX jack. Once the AUX cable is plugged in though, the power from the 12V outlet shuts down. ????? Before I send the Arcam unit back to Amazon, does anybody have any suggestions/ ideas as to what is going on? I'm clueless whether it is a faulty Arcam unit or something Porsche built in to the CDR31. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2015, 12:28 AM
SMLaker
Instructor

Originally Posted by TimD
You need the CDR+ or full NAV. I have CDR+ and Bose and the system works perfectly on my 15 CS.
This is correct, straight CDR and Bose does not allow BT audio
Old 11-24-2015, 04:21 PM
IAortho
Instructor

Originally Posted by SMLaker
I did get the Arcam miniblink to work -- I had overinserted the jack into the Arcam unit by about 0.75mm which caused it to power down somehow. It works and sounds very good to my ears, and I do have the no cost, standard CDR with the Bose surround sound option for $700. Just FYI.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:50 PM
blacksheepSpyder
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

I got the free radio and I stream bt from my android... I expected a plug for my ipod but Porsche gave us a crappy stereo in the 84k car... bastards!

what do you expect from a country that loves David Hasslehoff music?
Old 11-25-2015, 08:47 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SMLaker
Ordering Bose and SiriusXM. Is there a USB and aux input for an iPod or do I have to listen to PSE and/or Sirius instead?
Old 11-25-2015, 09:42 AM
IAortho
Instructor

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Ordering Bose and SiriusXM. Is there a USB and aux input for an iPod or do I have to listen to PSE and/or Sirius instead?
Hey Phil -- Bose and Sirius won't tell us if you get a USB port. I know getting PCM gives you a USB port.......not sure if getting CDR+ gives you one or not. The standard CDR option does not provide USB, which is what I have in my 2016 Spyder. You will always get an AUX port though.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:20 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IAortho
Hey Phil -- Bose and Sirius won't tell us if you get a USB port. I know getting PCM gives you a USB port.......not sure if getting CDR+ gives you one or not. The standard CDR option does not provide USB, which is what I have in my 2016 Spyder. You will always get an AUX port though.

"CDR Plus audio system with Sound Package Plus and universal audio interface" is the option you need.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:13 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
"CDR Plus audio system with Sound Package Plus and universal audio interface" is the option you need.
Thanks - too late. Order's in and car is officially (as of 11/23) on V250 status. Question then is this. I did order Bose system (680) and SiriusXM (686) but no CDR or PCM. I'm assuming if I use an iPod Touch I would have a choice of playing music using the AUX connector or stream using Bluetooth. Which would be the better choice (assuming I could do either)? BTW, it's hard for me to believe Porsche doesn't include a USB port with ALL their cars - it's 2015 guys!

Last edited by Phil G.; 11-28-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:29 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Thanks - too late. Order's in and car is officially (as of 11/23) on V250 status. Question then is this. I did order Bose system (680) and SiriusXM (686) but no CDR or PCM. I'm assuming if I use an iPod Touch I would have a choice of playing music using the AUX connector or stream using Bluetooth. Which would be the better choice (assuming I could do either)?
Bluetooth Audio is the better choice.

BTW, it's hard for me to believe Porsche doesn't include a USB port with ALL their cars - it's 2015 guys!
Well, they do now. Another reason not to pay crazy money for PCM/Navi on a 981 Spyder. All new 991.2 cars get an upgraded version of the PCM, and these cars are already being produced! So you end up paying 3K EURO for an outdated PCM system which they'll put in your car in March 2016 while there are cars being built in December 2015 that contain a complete revamp of the system (and the system is FoC in a 991.2).
Old 11-29-2015, 06:42 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
Bluetooth Audio is the better choice. Well, they do now. Another reason not to pay crazy money for PCM/Navi on a 981 Spyder. All new 991.2 cars get an upgraded version of the PCM, and these cars are already being produced! So you end up paying 3K EURO for an outdated PCM system which they'll put in your car in March 2016 while there are cars being built in December 2015 that contain a complete revamp of the system (and the system is FoC in a 991.2).
My 981S is scheduled for a mid-December 2015 build. Are you saying it will have a USB port even though I didn't order CD-R -Plus or PCM? If so, that would be great. But, how do you know? First I've heard of this.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:45 AM
ir_fuel
Drifting

My 981S is scheduled for a mid-December 2015 build. Are you saying it will have a USB port even though I didn't order CD-R -Plus or PCM? If so, that would be great. But, how do you know? First I've heard of this.
No I am not.

I am just saying that currently we are paying lot's of cash for an already outdated PCM system.

The 991 facelift has a completely new system, it comes with the car as standard, and they are already being produced.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Music Streaming and BOSE System