Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sapphire Blue owners.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 05:09 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sapphire Blue owners.

I'm currently on a waiting list for a new GT4 and have narrowed down my color choices to Rhodium Silver or Sapphire Blue.
I've owned a 2005 Boxster in Arctic Silver for the past 10 years and really like that it hides the dirt and dust very well, and looks real classy.
My question to all Sapphire blue owners is how well does it hide the dirt and dust?
I only have to wash my silver Boxster every 4 to 8 weeks as silver is amazing at hiding dirt and dust.
However, living in southern California where we are in a severe drought situation I want to be environmentally responsible and get a color that I like, but also one that requires minimal washing. I believe water can be better utilized for drinking and for farmers.
From the pics I've seen of Sapphire blue it seems quite light and metallic which should be fairly easy to keep clean. What I like about it is that in the shade it looks like a medium blue, and in the sun it really pops and looks really bright and totally different.
Sapphire owners please let me know your experiences with this color, how easy is it to maintain?

Old 05-26-2015, 05:07 PM
irie1029
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that you mention it the Sapphire Blue does real well. I use a really nice product from detailer's domain a no rinse wash. Only use two gallons in a bucket of water.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:03 PM
Spokayman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

That's a gorgeous blue.
I'm partial to actual colors and tend to dislike silvers though.

Also in regards to water usage, there are several "No rinse" car wash products available which as previous poster noted use 1-2 gallons of water total to wash your car.
They do a great job for washing cars that are only "dusty" dirty and not "caked on mud" dirty.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:36 PM
wbgordon
Racer

I'd go with the sapphire blue. It's a sassy color for a sassy car. For two years I drove around in this similarly colored Lotus Evora S and got more looks than any other car I've owned. When done with the right wheel combo -- and I think the graphite wheels on the GT4 above are perfect -- bright blue comes off stunning.

Name:  Screen%20Shot%202015-05-26%20at%2010.31.51%20PM_zpsfohqyqki.png
Views: 301
Size:  958.1 KB
Old 05-27-2015, 05:04 AM
tonester99
6th Gear

This is my sapphire blue 981 in the shade for reference.

Quick Reply: Sapphire Blue owners.