Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPC Turbo Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Tim Ziegenfus
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down TPC Turbo Problems

I had TPC install their COMPLETE stage 2 Turbo system with all the options to my 2006 Cayman S in March 2010. The cost was over $23,000. I have had nothing but problems ever since and can not get any answers from TPC. My local shop is now trying to make this junk run. Is any one else having problems with TPC products and feel like they are being ignored? I tried to post on Planet 9 but TPC some how has the ability to delete posts there. So I feel imprisoned by them and their product! Come to find out alot their parts come from China!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:49 PM
racer
Drifting

You sure seem angry, and that's understandable. I imagine TPC is a thread sponser and as such, can have sway on negative comments.

What might help is if you share the issues you've been having, and what your course of actions have been. Saying its "junk" isn't a very helpful description of the issues involved.

While I've never used TPC, I know of a few people who enjoy their products. Sorry to hear you are not one of them.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:19 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Is this the TPC that is in Jessup, MD?

With that kind of money spent I would drive to their shop and discuss the problems face to face with the car there.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:40 AM
cparkin
Rennlist Member

Sorry you are having problems Tim. Have you called them on the phone? Asked for Mike or Tom? I have the ability to delete posts on planet 9 but have never done it. I recommend picking up the phone and calling mike or tom.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:10 PM
cparkin
Rennlist Member

Tim,

I left a message on your phone. I am writing you to reiterate. We want you to enjoy your car and not have any issues, as many Cayman S Turbo owners are experiencing. With that said, we are committed to have our product perform flawlessly for you. I assumed your electrical issues were fixed after the computer was sent back to your shop. I made the assumption because I haven't heard back. It was a bad assumption on my part, I apologize for that. I swear to you that we have a great number of Cayman S Turbo's running trouble-free on street and track; from Accumoto race team setting awesome laptimes at VIR, to private owners doing sustained top speed runs, to winning EVO Magazine's Tuner Product Of The Year Award, and much more... I must disagree with the word "junk" as the description for this product but I do understand and sympathize with your frustration. To clearify, the materials of our Cayman S Turbo Kit are sourced globally(fuel injectors and pumps from Europe, aluminum from North America, stainless steel from Asia), the final machining and assembly is done in the back wing of our shop in Jessup, Maryland.

Bottom line, we have wasted time and effort going back and forth on the phone and email to diagnose an electrical issue. We do our best but it is very difficult to diagnose a car over the phone or Internet. So lets work on getting your car back here so we can do our thing. Please call me.

And Tim, I am not aware of anyone here deleting your post(s).

Sincerely,
Tom Chan
TPC Racing

Quick Reply: TPC Turbo Problems