968 Forum 1992-1995

New to me 94 Polar Silver M030 Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 07:05 PM
chudson
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
What did it cost you roughly to do an m030 suspension?
Boeing – sorry for this novel of a response, but it may answer the questions that you and the other poster might have about the hurdles involved. I could tabulate my cost, but it wouldn’t necessarily be relevant or accurate for someone else to use as a budget. After I read your question I began recalling how and where I had sourced everything and In retrospect, probably 1/2 of the items were sourced new. I’ve edited my original post to now state that "some" were NIB.

Also, I did more than just the shocks and sway bars. I did spindle, hub and brake upgrades also. I do have the correct 030 front calipers and rotors, but at this time I have big reds on the front with the 993TT 2 piece rotors and red 964T calipers on the rear with the 968 030 rotor. I just prefer the red look on the silver car and didn’t want to get into a color change on the original calipers.

If you attempted to purchase everything new you would experience 2 problems. First, some of the items are major mega bucks and some of the items (front springs for sure) have been discontinued for years and I could not find any NOS.

Some of the parts I had purchased new, some used, some I hunted and some (like the rear shock / spring set) I stumbled upon. When I got to the point that I only needed front shocks and springs to clone my car, I decided to move forward. Locating the correct color code front spring set was a bit of a hunt, but I eventually scored an almost pristine set.

After close examination of all the build data, I realized that no 968 was built the exact way that I would have wanted it had I been able to order one new. And the “almost perfect” coupe (it’s only missing P06 CD radio and 490 Hi Fi sound) is in a collection. But any fantasy 968 that I would want would have 030, so cloning my car was the best way to have the experience, not spend the money that it now takes to own an original 030 and not have to be concerned about some idiot hitting me and totaling one of the less than 99 remaining in NA.

I will PM you with some additional info
Old 02-10-2017, 09:19 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

If anyone is looking for a pair of front m030 struts, I have a set. They will need to be rebuilt. I can share where to send them.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:28 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chudson
Boeing – sorry for this novel of a response, but it may answer the questions that you and the other poster might have about the hurdles involved. I could tabulate my cost, but it wouldn’t necessarily be relevant or accurate for someone else to use as a budget. After I read your question I began recalling how and where I had sourced everything and In retrospect, probably 1/2 of the items were sourced new. I’ve edited my original post to now state that "some" were NIB.

If you attempted to purchase everything new you would experience 2 problems. First, some of the items are major mega bucks and some of the items (front springs for sure) have been discontinued for years and I could not find any NOS.

Some of the parts I had purchased new, some used, some I hunted and some (like the rear shock / spring set) I stumbled upon. When I got to the point that I only needed front shocks and springs to clone my car, I decided to move forward. Locating the correct color code front spring set was a bit of a hunt, but I eventually scored an almost pristine set.
+1

I purchased everything new from Porsche for my car to do the conversion. I think the front springs were the last set when I got them years ago along with a few other bits.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:47 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those seats are really really really really really rare. 993 style sport seats.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:51 PM
Dimi 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, this is a great deal! I love the color.

I have a rear spoiler available if you need one to restore the car to its original state.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:42 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh B
Those seats are really really really really really rare. 993 style sport seats.
They are great seats and are rare but I don't know if I would go that far.

Of the 4,242 North American 968s, 221 had sport seats. Of those, 47 were the later 993 style comfort seat. And the 911s had them too. I don't know their numbers. Now, if you want to talk really really really really really rare, how about these? 1 of 1 full cloth 993 style sport seats. 1 of 1 of course.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: New to me 94 Polar Silver M030 Car