Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Why hasn't anyone bought this Yellow 968 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 07:34 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Great, another troll.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:13 AM
968ClubSport
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Lovely colour!
Good to see that the 968 is becoming a classic. Although I still hope they will be used and will not disappear under blankets in large collections.
These days I only rarely see a 968 on track. A few weeks ago I saw a 968 CS on the Nordschleife, but it had been ages since I last saw one on track.

P.S. Love the complete info you've got on US cars as well, here in Europe we hardly have any info regarding the colour and options chosen back in the day...

Old 07-06-2016, 01:24 AM
falton
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of yellow 968's. Is this a speed yellow car? I didn't see it on the registry

http://members.rennlist.com/tonyn/968-forsale.htm

Old 07-06-2016, 01:26 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by falton
Speaking of yellow 968's. Is this a speed yellow car? I didn't see it on the registry
It looks like one. Do you have the VIN?
Old 07-06-2016, 01:33 PM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 612 Likes on 300 Posts

Isn't that yellow car Hiffman's race car? I remember seeing both that one and the red one at Dave White's shop years ago.
Rich
Old 02-07-2017, 02:49 PM
dylan aniston
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, My name is Dylan I just joined here today. I recently saw a 968 going down the road an absolutely fell in love with the body lines. I had never seen one in person before. After searching Google I'm infatuated with the car in Yellow. Do you guys feel I will have any chance of finding a Yellow one or should I just have a more common color repainted yellow. I see this one is out for restoration. Does anyone know if it will be coming up for sale after the work is completed? Thanks, Dylan
Old 02-07-2017, 03:16 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by dylan aniston
Hello, My name is Dylan I just joined here today. I recently saw a 968 going down the road an absolutely fell in love with the body lines. I had never seen one in person before. After searching Google I'm infatuated with the car in Yellow. Do you guys feel I will have any chance of finding a Yellow one or should I just have a more common color repainted yellow. I see this one is out for restoration. Does anyone know if it will be coming up for sale after the work is completed? Thanks, Dylan
Hi Dylan,

The good news, we have all the information you are looking for right here:

http://968register.org/production-da...d-yellow-968s/

I don't suppose you live in CT?

Jeff
Old 02-07-2017, 04:26 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I had a 968 in boring black (no offense to anyone, still love black). Sold it years ago and decided to get back into a classic a few years ago. I too looked at the colors I liked, yellow, maritime blue, gray. My first three picks were of course super rare colors unbeknownst to me

I settled on grandprix white, while not the most popular color it is up there and easy to find.

Do peruse Jeffs site and you can find out how to set your expectations!

There is a speed yellow cab for sale right now I believe. Owner is on here and has been posting it for sale on ebay a few times.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:09 AM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...modelCode1=968

No affiliation. Grab it up, or wait another few years for one to pop up for sale. Note it's a repaint, so do your own inspection.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:48 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 612 Likes on 300 Posts

There may be more to theft story car is obviously a repaint and color change strange with such low mileage.
Rich
Old 02-14-2017, 12:45 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks touareg, I have contacted dylan.

and thanks uscarrera for your bids on sy7. I think you have bid on every 968 I have ever posted. Much appreciated. BTW, my daughter just moved back to Ca from NPR. Spent a month with her there. We did all the DDD's in the Tampa area. Brought my total to 66.

Quick Reply: Why hasn't anyone bought this Yellow 968 yet?