Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995
View Poll Results: would you like to see the 993 and 997 style hybrid body panels (page 12, 13) copied ?
yes, would like to see lightweight copies sold by GT Racing or other vendor.
61.29%
sounds cool, but not interested in doing this type of update.
38.71%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

a few upgrades for the 968....

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 01:48 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wait....No mention of the visit to Hooter's? Rumors, gentlemen, are worse when denied. Fess up. You went to Hooter's, didn't you!?!
Old 06-19-2016, 02:33 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

f_ck Hooters i need a plate of your spicy Caribbean chicken.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:43 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.

TechnoDuck posted the following on Pelican a few months back;

Originally Posted by TechnoDuck
The car has been running great. I did a two day track event in October, car ran great but my second day was cut short by a leaking power steering rack. The original steel hard lines were bent to fit around the oil pan which weakened the banjo fittings. I put in a rebuilt rack and converted all of the hard lines to -4AN stainless braided hose so i could route everything away from the pan.
my car has developed a similar problem; when Eric Hill did the install, he stretched the line over the edge of the oil pan and over 26 k miles, vibration/s caused the the contact point to wear through.

my fat sway bar is shrouding the line, so i couldn't really get a good photo of mine....
so i put up two photos from the interwebs to put an arrow to my offending line. bottom photo is Techno Duck's setup.

my oil pan looks okay. (not much wear through). before i attempt to set up a custom line when the original setup worked reasonably well for 26k miles, i'd prefer to just try replacing it, then protecting it with a short piece of sheet metal or rubber.

anyone got one of these for a 968??

Attached Images   
Old 07-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Any hose/hydraulic/line fabricator could make that for you in a matter of minutes. Take the bad line off and take it with you. Done.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:08 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

ok....

btw, La Mans is on on Decades network.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:01 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Can anyone identify the smaller line on the left?

i need one but, no joy finding it anywhere on the interwebs.

all i found was this one crappy photo on Google with a dead link from ebay.

Attached Images  
Old 07-13-2016, 04:17 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

it appears to be the short lne (part #103) on the 928 rack in this photo.... Eric obviously attempted to bend it to fit around my oil pan.

just like TechnoDuck had it...

Originally Posted by TechnoDuck
The car has been running great. I did a two day track event in October, car ran great but my second day was cut short by a leaking power steering rack. The original steel hard lines were bent to fit around the oil pan which weakened the banjo fittings. I put in a rebuilt rack and converted all of the hard lines to -4AN stainless braided hose so i could route everything away from the pan.

Originally Posted by Mike Frye

Old 07-21-2016, 08:49 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

the part came in from DC Automotive in Rocky Mount on Mon....

Angelo got some heat on it and gave it a much better bend. the part bends nicely around the pan now.

ps and hydroboost brake pressure all good. next; upgrading the pump to the 044 unit.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:09 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-porsche-965/
Old 10-06-2016, 01:53 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 490 Posts

lol i gave away a full set of PS hard lines not 2 weeks ago...
Old 11-27-2016, 08:09 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

182mph. she was still pulling.....

ran out of straight.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:15 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

interesting comments.......

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/30/p...-review-video/
Old 02-12-2017, 02:13 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JimV8
Hang on a bit here. OD, you ride surf and thats usually done in warmer climes but here you are. Snow is fun, Mega snow is better. Why you Beech, Beech. You must be in heaven in snow land..

back in (1992), i surfed 15-18' face waves off Boar's Head in Hampton, NH in the dead of Winter during what we called the 'December Storm' a few days before Christmas during the height of a big Noreaster. The inside of Boar's Head and Devereaux Beach in Marblehead are unique, in that that they can be surfed at the height of a storm because the winds blow almost directly offshore.... (of course, that comes with it's own unique hazards). This is probably the most silly/insane storm surf we ever attempted.

(the idea is to jump off the seawall and paddle diagonally into the bay, and see if you can catch a bomb). You have to do a googlemap of the inside of Boar's head just to imagine a stunt this ridiculous. The waves come in and double up against the Seawall JUST LIKE THE NEWPORT WEDGE!

*(to be exact, the wave is not so as much like the North Jetty of the Newport Beach Inlet a.k.a THE WEDGE, but rather, the waves that form at the inside of the Inlet along at the South Jetty). imagine taking on that one at the height of a Noreaster on a dreary, December day!

Attempting this in the summer would be ok, i suppose. but in the winter, it's different. you have a lot of rubber on. the rips are ferocious, and there's nobody around. we were young and stupid.

i was the only one out of 4 who made it out. odd because the other guys were the strongest of paddlers. but i was the first guy in, and timed it just right. i jumped in, paddled my *** off, punched through a big swell, and in a minute or two, i was in the clear. probably 150' off the Seawall.

my bro's (Steve O'hara, Kevin Grondin, and Jeff Jones) are all big, strong dudes. they didn't make it. they destroyed their surfboards when they got slammed into the Seawall 250 yards inside at the Main Beach.

That storm was probably a bit more intense than the '93 Superstorm 3 months later - because the Decemberstorm was a slow mover, and the Superstorm was a fast mover, building much less of a sea-state).

Once making it out, i decided i didn't like being there.

but kind of a cool thing happened. a big set began to funnel into the bay. but i actually had to paddle back toward the inside of the bluff to catch it, as i was now drifting into too deep water.

i paddled for maybe the 3rd wave of the set and got it.... a big, clean left, breaking top to bottom. rode it 150 yards into the Main Beach (where the kiddie arcade games are located) ...and straight into the f_cking Seawall, smashing up my 6' 3" [Rusty Preisendorfer] shaped for me.

Boar's Head can get pretty big.

Here's after an exceptionally strong Noreaster went out to sea (circa 2000)....

Name:  od_zpsmmq4okue.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  70.1 KB

2 days later, we attempted to surf a clean sandbar off the South Jetty at the mouth of the Merrimack River in Newburyport, Ma. ...2 bro's (that day) and myself felt it was safe, as there were light offshores. The swell still in the water, but well groomed at this point, with a longer period ...we got caught in the rip right away, and were 1/2 mile out to sea before letting go....

looking back, we should have tested the rip in the Summertime.

Would have been scary (to be out as far as we ended up), even on a calm, summer's day. ....but on this day, there was no one, and i mean NO watercraft navigating the area. in fact, they hadn't been out the past 3~4 days.

The CG would have had a good time running their 65' pleasure craft through the mouth - if there had been someone around to inform them that we were in distress.

that was enough silliness. for our winter surfing adventures, we retired to the calmer waters of Rye Beach and Fox Hill, NH, and Monahan's Dock and Matunuck in Rhode Island, where unfortunately, it can get crowded with grouchy Yankees (re; Gretchland types).

Name:  lone%201_zpsrvkkpljs.png
Views: 525
Size:  482.0 KB

Name:  lone%202_zpsbc9kqizn.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  109.2 KB

Name:  lone%203_zps4y99yvvp.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  86.5 KB

this is a superb edit of Rye on the Rocks, NH from a recent winter day.....

If only it could hit 2X overhead in the summer.

with my aging bones, i have zero desire to surf cold water....

Rye On the Rocks.....

Name:  rye%20nh%20surfing_zpsnrnf1bwa.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  99.5 KB
Old 03-15-2017, 08:46 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Spring is coming..... Amen.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:27 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

anyone have any experience with decent replacement floor mats?

what about these Lloyds mats? anyone have any experience with them?

lots of driving and fun projects with the Sledgehammer.

car is running fully epic.

spapped on new Pilot Super Sport 255-35-18s up front

running the Contisportcontact-3 285-35-18s out the back.

Quick Reply: a few upgrades for the 968....