964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

1994 Porsche 965 3.6 Turbo Sold $122,100 plus fees

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 12:19 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
Back in '74 here in Detroit, a local Porsche dealer had some various models displayed in a mall.
The star of the show was a black Carrera with gold Carrera stripes and gold accented Fuchs. Even though it was cosmetic, I was ready to rob some banks so I could acquire one. It was a stunning car.
That is the car i had a picture of. It had a RSA style wing as well. I will find it and post it. It was a very nice car. But I would not spend Turbo money on one. Maybe RSA in decent shape money.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:44 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 130 Posts

Need to remember to keep an eye on this one. 'Traditional' black/black from a more reputable auction house. May be a better gauge of the market.

http://www.rmsothebys.com/pa17/paris...o-s-36/1701775
Old 02-05-2017, 11:02 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by bonehead
Need to remember to keep an eye on this one. 'Traditional' black/black from a more reputable auction house. May be a better gauge of the market.

http://www.rmsothebys.com/pa17/paris...o-s-36/1701775
Nice. WIth only 15 US and 2 Canadian cars in this configuration it should easily bring the money. I always wanted one but they rarely came up for sale.

I know one of the previous owners of this car. I believe the wheels on this car I sold him to replace the ones that were slightly damaged.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Nice. WIth only 15 US and 2 Canadian cars in this configuration it should easily bring the money. I always wanted one but they rarely came up for sale.

I know one of the previous owners of this car. I believe the wheels on this car I sold him to replace the ones that were slightly damaged.
Thats a holy grail car. They made so few. I would love to own that one but its not going to happen.

The original car on this thread is still at Luxsport, still on their site, despite supposedly having sold at auction. The seat color is obviously wrong despite what the COA says and they've had the car since sometime in 2014 IIRC.

Its probably not going anywhere anytime soon since they list it at $275 and the markets not anywhere near their for a 3.6 in that condition. My guess is they are into it for far more than the real market price. They're buried in a number of 911's on their site.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Bluegrass9934S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to Russo and Steele, the car was sold by a private party from Long Island, NY. The car was sold to them by LuxSport in 2014 and remained on their website on consignment the past two years. The car originally came with tan leather seats, but the meticulous new owner researched the COA and the VIN and discovered that the seats were originally black from the factory and had them redyed that color. I agree they look hideous. The car should've done a lot more than the $122,000 it sold for at the sale.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:14 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Many instances where the COA is wrong. I would be inclined to believe this was one of those cases. The seats look recovered not redyed. Additionally until a couple of days ago the car was still on their site. Now its mysteriously gone, not even part of their "sold" inventory, of which they have cars shown which were sold years ago.

Might the "private party" in Long Island be the same party who used to quickly buy 911's that came up for sale posing as a private collector and then at the last moment said they were having Luxsport step in to do the transaction for them, only to find the car on Lux's website a short time later?

Its a convoluted game the play, but no matter who the seller that car deserved more than what it sold for. Someone may have gotten a heck of a deal or its back in the hands of who ever "sold" it. We'll see where it resurfaces next.

Quick Reply: 1994 Porsche 965 3.6 Turbo Sold $122,100 plus fees