Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Spacers: full hub or 3 tab?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 04:52 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,168 Posts

This is my 93 C2 rear. Although it is three tab it is different than the 91. Go figure.
Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2016, 04:59 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Steve

Your worse than me that needs to be driven. LOL

I am curious to know what others have. It looks like yet another oddity with the 964's Not sure why the changes. I can assure you though the n/a 964 rears are all three tab why is anyone's guess.

Bonehead,

Sorry for the misinformation. No matter how much I learn about these cars there is always something else. The variations over the years are all over the place and now it appears not just changes by MY but also turbo vs N/A model by year as well.

lesson learned.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:31 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 130 Posts

Thanks for the input fellas. But now I'm just as confused as was when I started the thread.
Oh well. Spacers are incoming. I'll know soon enough when I pull the wheels. Good lord, why is there so much variability??
Old 12-03-2016, 12:58 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Steve, you're worse than me,.. that needs to be driven. LOL

... and now it appears not just changes by MY but also turbo vs N/A model by year as well.
lesson learned.
haha, thnx Tony,... but those pics were 1.5 yrs ago before the PCA National Concours (I was too lazy to pull my caps or rims today for a pic, when I already had some). Yea I was quite **** that year. replaced a lot of sh%^. But rest assured I've driven it hard since then.

And I agree this must be a 964NA3.6 -vs- 9643.3Turbo variance in the early 1990's. Go figure.

Hopefully Bonehead will not need to return his rear spacers.

And I'll have to overcome my laziness anyway, and pull my fronts and add a couple washers & measure,... before I can order my front spacers....

Post #56
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-turb...y-today-4.html

=Steve
Old 01-28-2017, 12:53 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by bonehead
Thanks for the input fellas. But now I'm just as confused as was when I started the thread.
Oh well. Spacers are incoming. I'll know soon enough when I pull the wheels. Good lord, why is there so much variability??
Ed, did your spacers ever arrive?

Do you have full 360 hub on the Rear like the rest of us 3.3 Turbo's?

I finally got to measuring & looking closely at my front spacing needs. Turns out I do not really need anything. Close enough to the lip for me, and it is not rubbing on the inside. I'm going to stay as-is up front.

=Steve
Old 01-28-2017, 01:57 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Ed, did your spacers ever arrive?

Do you have full 360 hub on the Rear like the rest of us 3.3 Turbo's?

I finally got to measuring & looking closely at my front spacing needs. Turns out I do not really need anything. Close enough to the lip for me, and it is not rubbing on the inside. I'm going to stay as-is up front.

=Steve
Yeah, I got them and a set of longer studs. Just haven't had any time to get them on. I'll be sure to update here after I do.

Quick Reply: Spacers: full hub or 3 tab?