Big Reds - Brake Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 04:11 AM
Hsianers
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Reds - Brake Sensors

Hi Guys

Sorry to be a bother again.. Hope everyone is enjoying their P cars!!

As some of you might know, I have installed Big Reds in my 964T but the bits I got came with the 928 pads for the front (928 351 940 03).

However, with the Brake Sensors (928.612.366.00), the length of the wires aren't long enough. Does anyone know if there is another brake sensor that I can use without having to change the pads? These are for the fronts.

The 928 pads have a pin going into the pads from the sensor.

I've had a look around on the site using the search function but most threads only speak about the calipers and the rotors.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance!! Have a good weekend all!!

Hsian
Old 09-01-2015, 08:51 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Hsianers
Hi Guys

Sorry to be a bother again.. Hope everyone is enjoying their P cars!!

As some of you might know, I have installed Big Reds in my 964T but the bits I got came with the 928 pads for the front (928 351 940 03).

However, with the Brake Sensors (928.612.366.00), the length of the wires aren't long enough. Does anyone know if there is another brake sensor that I can use without having to change the pads? These are for the fronts.

The 928 pads have a pin going into the pads from the sensor.

I've had a look around on the site using the search function but most threads only speak about the calipers and the rotors.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance!! Have a good weekend all!!

Hsian
The 928 parts should work. The factory has changed the design of the sensor from a flat insert in the center to the two pin design from what I can tell. I just purchased new street pads and sensors for my C2 using big blacks from sunset and that was what was provided.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Hsianers
Instructor

Thanks Tony

These are the ones where the sensor sticks into the pads. Unfortunately for the front Big Reds, the length of the wire from the sensor to the connection point on the axle is too short.

Will need to measure them up but I was told the minimum length was 370mm. Have not had a chance to go measure whether they would work.

Fingers crossed that 370mm is adequate and I will then be able to get my hands on those.

Finally coming to the close of the build....2 years 10 months and counting...
Old 09-01-2015, 04:34 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Hsianers
Thanks Tony

These are the ones where the sensor sticks into the pads. Unfortunately for the front Big Reds, the length of the wire from the sensor to the connection point on the axle is too short.

Will need to measure them up but I was told the minimum length was 370mm. Have not had a chance to go measure whether they would work.

Fingers crossed that 370mm is adequate and I will then be able to get my hands on those.

Finally coming to the close of the build....2 years 10 months and counting...

Interesting it has been a while since I did the brakes on my GTS but I though they used the same sensor.

Part number you need should be 99361236801 for the 2 pin design. The previous design I believe ended in 00.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Hsianers
Instructor

Thanks Tony.

Have not gotten round to measuring the length as yet. If that is inadequate, then will look at the part no in your latest post.

Quick Reply: Big Reds - Brake Sensors