964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:30 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by H2O LOL
Deck = head unit. I guess I get that word from tape decks? I'm old school, and yes a quality signal is a must.
I understood. I am "OLD" school too I still play vinyl (or should I say LP's ) exclusively on my main house system and have a reel to reel and Nak 680ZX in my office that I owned since new.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 PM
ralt
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get new speakers. Dont spend a lot of money. You can DYI
Old 11-26-2014, 02:04 PM
jrgatfh
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you using new head units how are you connecting the new head unit to the factory wiring harness without chopping it up?

I replaced my original radio with a Becker/Porsche unit which came with a plug-n-play harness.

Do the aftermarket radios i.e. Pioneer, Blaupunkt, Alpine come with similar harnesses?

If someone knows the speaker sizes that fit in the front doors, rear deck, etc. Let me know. I'd like to put everything in one thread so future members can find this information easily.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
I understood. I am "OLD" school too I still play vinyl (or should I say LP's ) exclusively on my main house system and have a reel to reel and Nak 680ZX in my office that I owned since new.
You don't have to be old school to appreciate vinyl, but maybe a bit of an "old soul". My son is 23 years old and is continually salvaging high end amps and turntables on which he plays vinyl, about half of it belonging to his dad
Part of his thing is he's a E.E. and he enjoys fixing the stuff.
Back when I was just out of E school, E.E.'s had the high end stereos and M.E.'s had the fast cars.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:22 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
You don't have to be old school to appreciate vinyl, but maybe a bit of an "old soul". My son is 23 years old and is continually salvaging high end amps and turntables on which he plays vinyl, about half of it belonging to his dad
Part of his thing is he's a E.E. and he enjoys fixing the stuff.
Back when I was just out of E school, E.E.'s had the high end stereos and M.E.'s had the fast cars.
Not sure where that leaves me. I have always been an electronics and car freak from both sides working on and using since as early as I can remember. I have to be fiddling with something. Was an avid model builder from age 5 after building 3000 piece Pocher car models at age 13 went onto building Heithkit and dynaco amps in HS that morphed into restoring BMW's and Porsche's and it has been down hill since.

I'm an old fart with a 16 year old son and he is still trying to find his way. He has the ability and interest but for now it is all skiing, girls and computers. He plans on attending Lehigh for E. Will see what field he settles on. For him it is all about simplicity and ease of use so vinyl is not his choice but I am seeing signs of him coming around. Who knows maybe he has picked up something from me but for now is looking to find his own way. Not the same world we grew up in although only time will tell.

happy thanksgiving.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Not sure where that leaves me. I have always been an electronics and car freak from both sides working on and using since as early as I can remember. I have to be fiddling with something. Was an avid model builder from age 5 after building 3000 piece Pocher car models at age 13 went onto building Heithkit and dynaco amps in HS that morphed into restoring BMW's and Porsche's and it has been down hill since.

I'm an old fart with a 16 year old son and he is still trying to find his way. He has the ability and interest but for now it is all skiing, girls and computers. He plans on attending Lehigh for E. Will see what field he settles on. For him it is all about simplicity and ease of use so vinyl is not his choice but I am seeing signs of him coming around. Who knows maybe he has picked up something from me but for now is looking to find his own way. Not the same world we grew up in although only time will tell.

happy thanksgiving.
My son wasn't even interested in driving in high school. He didn't get his license until he was 18. Once he started to see the freedom that a car gave him, he slowly came around and now his 2005 Grand Marquis is his baby. Being the old soul that he is, he has stated that if he owns a Porsche, it will be a 356 or a long nose 911.
Your son will change a lot during his university time. You might not think he's picked up much from you but kids are always watching and assimilating. I project that he has some good surprises in store for you down the road.

Quick Reply: Speakers