Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by bonehead
Paul, you have these?

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...1&autoModClar=

I don't want to slam it and make the ride intolerable, but I think I'd like it to be a touch lower than the springs alone or the Bilstein HD/H&R springs setup are capable of doing.
Yes, I have an earlier version of those.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:33 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by bonehead
HD's/H&R springs would be the best (i.e. cheapest) route aside from springs alone. But with 25 year old dampers, I should probably just invest in a new setup. I just haven't seen a car with this combo that's low enough for my liking.

Ride is pretty jarring now as it is. Either the Boge shocks and/or the rock hard Nitto NT-01's make the ride pretty firm as it is. So, in my case, I think almost anything would be an improvement.

Brandon, do you have the coilover setup seen in the link I posted?

Do you have anymore pics of your car?
The problem with the Boge shocks is they get stiff as they get old and prior to them failing. In some cases they fail and you are ridding without damping but there is no signs of oil leaking. When I removed mine at 22k miles in 2003 mine were already toast and expansion joints seemed like I was running without suspension far worse than the Supercup setup with mono ***** and camber plates. I have a few friends who replaced theirs with the stock Boges and that was a huge improvement by itself but left the car sitting too high. Although some have done it I would not recommend stock shocks and lowering springs.

I think most will agree any suspension change is an improvement. You're looking at very old technology and these cars will waken up with a suspension upgrade not to mention they look much better without the 4 x 4 look.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:26 PM
urquattro20Vt
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

I think I, too, have an earlier version. Shock body is gold (I think) not blue. No idea what the differences may be....
Attached Images   
Old 11-04-2016, 09:49 PM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts

I Had H&R's with Ride height, but No Dampening on a 993tt, Felt a little too Stiff For Street, PSS10 is Better IMO.

Quick Reply: H&R coilovers