Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found the holy grail of US spec 964's. Too bad it isn't for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 10:38 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts
Default Found the holy grail of US spec 964's. Too bad it isn't for sale.

Stumbled across a car I saw once before. At least i am assuming it is the same car I saw at Par trading back in early 2000's.

A signal green 92 with factory sunroof delete. Not only is the color rare. This is the only non RSA US spec C2 that I have seen with factory sunroof delete. Very rare and a nice clean tub. The owner is having a 3.9 liter build and plans to track it.

Too bad I would love to have this. Unfortunately this is the only picture I could snap.
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2017, 10:58 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
...with factory sunroof delete. Not only is the color rare. This is the only non RSA US spec C2 that I have seen with factory sunroof delete.
Too bad more of them didn't come that way! I wish that factory sunroof option never existed (or was a rare option)... Stupid factory "add-on" for extra $$.

The owner is having a 3.9 liter build and plans to track it.
Making a badass car even more badass.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:25 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Too bad more of them didn't come that way! I wish that factory sunroof option never existed (or was a rare option)... Stupid factory "add-on" for extra $$.

Making a badass car even more badass.
I agree. My 74 3.0RS clone had no sunroof and I never missed it. Rarely use it anyhow. Although it is better than the one in my 928 which is even more useless.

A 3.9 sounds expensive and tricky to do right but it would be my idea of a perfect narrow body 964. I love the color on the narrow body.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:31 AM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 89 Posts

Nice looking chassis for sure and well optioned , I recall speaking with Paul pretty regularly back then he had a lot of performance parts and stripped tubs for sale in the back lot he advertised in Pano ..
A matter a fact was visiting an ex in Manhattan and my BIL was in town and decided to go to
PAR to look at a '93 C2 Cab they had so I went along .
Still has that car today with very few miles maybe 35k !
Bert
Old 02-22-2017, 11:53 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by budge96
Nice looking chassis for sure and well optioned , I recall speaking with Paul pretty regularly back then he had a lot of performance parts and stripped tubs for sale in the back lot he advertised in Pano ..
A matter a fact was visiting an ex in Manhattan and my BIL was in town and decided to go to
PAR to look at a '93 C2 Cab they had so I went along .
Still has that car today with very few miles maybe 35k !
Bert
Next time your in Manhattan let me know I am nearby.

You know he tried selling me a 904 back when he was in Yonkers for $14k. I passed.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:24 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 89 Posts

Next time your in Manhattan let me know I am nearby.

You know he tried selling me a 904 back when he was in Yonkers for $14k. I passed.
Wow Anthony , thats a big one to let get away ! i may be a bit more embarrassed
to have to admit that faupaux !

Have been meaning to get up to the city and visit a few friends and see a show
certainly may give you that call in the spring, of course we'll be seeing you at
Hershey right?
Bert
Old 02-22-2017, 12:42 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by budge96
Wow Anthony , thats a big one to let get away ! i may be a bit more embarrassed
to have to admit that faupaux !

Have been meaning to get up to the city and visit a few friends and see a show
certainly may give you that call in the spring, of course we'll be seeing you at
Hershey right?
Bert
Who knew back then. It wasn't my focus. But I have a long list of should haves.

94 turbo S flachbau
73RS lightweight
last white tub 964 3.8RS
so many more

Hind sight is 20/20.

Not sure I can make Hershey this year. If I make it I will look you guys up always a pleasure. I will be at Amelia werks though so if you're there look for my turbo at the Friday show and Saturday C&C.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:03 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

oh man oh man oh man. I'd love no sunroof in my 964 just not ready to commit at that level of body/paint.

Have none in RS. Don't miss it.

Have in 89. Love it. PCH Cruiser.

have in cayenne, it just burns my head even with the panel closed. would spec w/o it if I spec'd the car.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:58 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The things I would do for that car. Appreciate you posting the photo.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:18 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 660 Posts

nice post Tony. {btw, I see you on RL a lot this morning, but did you get my email about Werks & our lodging? I gave you a ton of info. BadBoys & I are attempting to travel side-by-side w/ trailers. Hoping you can join us. Let's work the details}.

Werks is going to be a blast. I could only HOPE I could see such a color in a 964 RSA or C2. Can't wait.

How is that engine lid staying up with A/C unti hanging from it. Mine would crush my head.

Re: Sunroofs,.... wife & I use ours all the time. And even tho I have no hair left, if you're driving on the twisties, the sun is only shining thru sporadically. I love mine. Would always prefer our 964T with one.
Although I see the attraction for very tall guys needing head room, and track cars. I can appreciate all,... and hence why I'm always yearning to see more pics!!

=Steve
Old 02-22-2017, 02:32 PM
islandsnow
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

No more sunroof

Old 02-22-2017, 02:51 PM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Not sure about 964's but my NB 993 had the factory sunroof delete option. As per window sticker this is a no cost option. So therefore no "add - on for extra $$."
Old 02-22-2017, 07:10 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
Not sure about 964's but my NB 993 had the factory sunroof delete option. As per window sticker this is a no cost option. So therefore no "add - on for extra $$."
Nice to have I like the extra headroom myself.

I do know all the turbos came with sunroof I don't believe you could opt out of the option just like LSD. There might be one without but it hasn't surfaced in over 15 years. The 928 GTS had one out of 411 cars made for the US. It was rare to see a signal green never mind a C2 without sunroof and rear wiper from the factory.

For some reason I remember someone wanting to order one without but didn't want an RSA and was out of luck. Although that might have been at the end of the production run of the 964.

Would be curious if anyone else knows of a factory delete sunroof 964 C2/C4.

Steve,

You should have received my email with some interesting pictures of a project I am helping out on. I am trying to figure out what I am doing yet. I am supposed to drive down with Lake. You might recall him from Parade with the blue 356 4 cam racer parked near BB1. I will let you know those details soon.

Last edited by cobalt; 02-22-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:18 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Nice to have I like the extra headroom myself.

I do know all the turbos came with sunroof I don't believe you could opt out of the option just like LSD. There might be one without but it hasn't surfaced in over 15 years. The 928 GTS had one out of 411 cars made for the US. It was rare to see a signal green never mind a C2 without sunroof and rear wiper from the factory.

For some reason I remember someone wanting to order one without but didn't want an RSA and was out of luck. Although that might have been at the end of the production run of the 964.

Would be curious if anyone else knows of a factory delete sunroof 964 C2/C4.

Steve,

You should have received my email with some interesting pictures of a project I am helping out on. I am trying to figure out what I am doing yet. I am supposed to drive down with Lake. You might recall him from Parade with the blue 356 4 cam racer parked near BB1. I will let you know those details soon.
Porsche did not delete the sunroof they just didn't install them when car was built. None of the Carrera Cups came with a S/R.

Phil
Old 02-22-2017, 11:13 PM
jpar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pu911rsr
Porsche did not delete the sunroof they just didn't install them when car was built. None of the Carrera Cups came with a S/R.

Phil
It's just an expression, as in delete the sunroof from the option list.

Quick Reply: Found the holy grail of US spec 964's. Too bad it isn't for sale.