Sponsored by:

OBD Scantool and Circuit – latest version

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 07:21 AM
Swallowtail
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OBD Scantool and Circuit – latest version

Since I read so many positive posts about the „rennlist scantool“, I want to attempt to build my own (Yes, I know there are commercial versions available now).

I found several different versions of the circuit in the forums (e.g. 3.0, 3.1, 4.0), though all with rather poor documentation.

Can somebody tell me which is the last version and if the versions differ in functionality?

cheers,
Old 01-12-2017, 07:30 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 236 Posts

This is the latest version of the serial adapter. As far as I remember were the previous version/schematics made without the switches. They are needed to connect to the 993.
Cheers,
Tore
Original, from here: http://pcbunn.cithep.caltech.edu/jjb...64-Porsche.htm

I cleaned the schematic a little:
Old 01-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Swallowtail
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Based on the amazing work done by RayCM, RicardoD and ToreB I was able to solder up my own scantool.

I made only one modification to the original. By getting +12V via OBD1 (Terminal 15) instead of OBD16 (Terminal 30) you can use the standard Durametric OBD-19Pin Adapter which is available for a couple of bucks on ebay.

The Adapter works like a charm, however I’m still looking for some information. I own a 964 which has only one K-Line so I don’t really need the two switches. I still would like to know what systems to access with which switch, should I would ever use in on a 993.

Does anybody know the correct labeling for the switches? I figure it's something like this:

Switch 1:
DME,CCU,ABS,Alarm
SRS (993 only)

Switch 2:
DME
CCU,SRS,ABS,Alarm (993 only)
Attached Images     

Last edited by Swallowtail; 01-21-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply: OBD Scantool and Circuit – latest version