Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The making of a Porsche rest-volution

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 12:48 AM
Poli84
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very, very cool. Can't wait to see this complete. What a build, retro touches to a targa, 3.8 motor and that suspension! You are building a fantastic car.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:00 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Poli84,
It's been a long time coming, but hoping the finish line is in sight. I owe this thread more photos...workinf on getting them.

Originally Posted by Poli84
Very, very cool. Can't wait to see this complete. What a build, retro touches to a targa, 3.8 motor and that suspension! You are building a fantastic car.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:22 AM
Nylasurf
Racer

I went up to drop off some small items for the project and had a bit of a surprise...Shocks installed. Now that would be great to see on any project car as progress...however I am at a loss for words because my car has sat disassembled for 4 years and while I have been told that it was a priority multiple times during that time...this is how it looked today after being told it was going to interior two weeks ago.

At

I have been taking the shop at their word for two plus years and listed to all sorts of excuses. I don't know what to do at this point. The last deadline that was promised is end of February...don't see that happening. At least the BBi uprights are here.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:33 AM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I went through this quite a few years ago with a Harley I built. Took it to a shop have have a few things finished up on it. They kidnapped my bike for over a year. When I finally got it back the work was outstanding and the price was super low and reasonable for what they did. I think they just got tired of me stopping by every week to check on the progress.

That being said, I don't ever want to go through that again. Not sure what your options are at this point as it would be difficult to pay for the work completed and get that car to another shop in its current condition.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:03 AM
Nylasurf
Racer

While I wait on further progress on Giselle (what else are you going to call a German lady with an Amazon exterior) Dan and his team at Augment Wheels worked their magic again. I wanted a modern take on the classic steel wheel. What we came up with is the Augment Un-Steelie.. The Un-Steelie wheels are a set of forged monobloc 17x8 in front and 17x10 in the rear. I touched on it earlier in the thread that I wanted to have a wheel that could look like an early 911 wheel with a cap and then play outlaw with the cap removed. Here are a few beauty shots of them being prepped for ceramic coating. Hope to have them in hand soon.

Here is the wheel with a moon cap...test fitting. Trying to decide if I should go with this or a flat cap (preferably early 911 without the raised crest coin)

Old 02-07-2018, 12:04 AM
Poli84
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! I see them post these wheels on their IG, happy to see they belong to your car. They are very cool, I think I prefer them without the cap though.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:10 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Those are beautiful wheels and kudos for coming up with something unique! Personally I like the crest without chrome cap look better but it’s not my car or my money so I say choose what you like!

Last edited by Marine Blue; 02-07-2018 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:50 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

What a build.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

@marine Blue - Totally agree with the Sans cap look...the wheel was designed to look and function like the original steelie wheels...allowing for a classic look with hubcaps and then ready for track days without the caps. Dan and his team developed a system to attach hubcaps without the clips (hidden retaining system) that I will cover when I get the wheels. Also I had ordered what I thought were the classic 911 flat disk hubcaps but got the moon caps. I think that the flat disks will play better with the wheel.

Bloose993TT - Thanks...hoping that I get some progress that I can show in more photos soon.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:09 AM
Patrik S
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I love the wheels with a moon cap!

They are as nice (sexy) as my 993 RS Speedlines

Quick Reply: The making of a Porsche rest-volution