Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cquartz on single-stage Guards Red?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 09:04 PM
Nostrathomas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cquartz on single-stage Guards Red?

My guards-red 964 could really use a good polish and paint correction to bring a bit more life back to the paint. Im pretty comfortable with most steps in terms of detailing cars...apart from polishing. Ive never used a polisher (and I dont have one to begin with) and I'm a little apprehensive about trying it out on this car, so I figured I would put it in the hands of a pro at a local detailer.

I have the option of putting some Cquartz on it afterwards. While Ive heard that something like Opticoat-Pro isnt that great with single-stage paint, apparently Cquartz should work according to the detailer.

Has anyone ever tried this with single-stage paint? Do you like the results? It's not cheap, so I just want to make sure it's worth it.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:32 PM
Chi_Bears
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you want a paint sealant instead of wax? My understanding is that they offer greater protection, but not necessarily better shine. On a daily driver, a sealant seems helpful. I decided not to use a sealant on my weekend drivers.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Niels e46 m3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put cquartz finest on my guards red 930 after a full polish / paint correction. The shine, and more importantly, depth of shine is amazing. I would highly recommend it.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:45 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

My dad did it to his GR cab. Looked and felt fantastic.

Amazing what a good polish/compound can do:

Quick Reply: Cquartz on single-stage Guards Red?