canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts

Coupe vs Cab vs Targa
C2 vs C4
Production year
Manual vs Standard
Colour

All of these will matter when there is a larger supply of vehicle for sale. Now there is such a limited supply I don't think any kind of standard pricing can be applied. There is going to be variation.

It is not like we are selling used Honda Civics where the buyer can choose exactly what they want.

It is now more dependent the condition of the car, milage and most importantly if you find a buyer the really wants it.

What I don't see in all these targa pricing discussions is what the final sale price is. After all the final selling price is the best evidence of where the market is.

If they are actually selling at the same level as coupes then you have your answer.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:37 PM
BeachBoy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92C2Targa#119
I am glad to hear that #119 is still dry and running perfect.
It's still in pristine condition.

I can't drive it as I have three kids (all within 36 months!) and two to take and grab to/from daycare everyday, with the first one I could fit him in the back for a few months but when the second one came I could not so last year I drove about only 1000km, and this year, a grand total of 150km and now it's stored.

I'm debating to either keep it stored a few years and use it later or sell it now..
Old 08-05-2016, 01:31 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 631 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Have to see the car. There is so much variation on what constitutes clean. I've seen 964 sell for big money but they literally need NOTHING. Seals, paint, interior, motor, maintenance, everything is SORTED.

So, the range: 35-65 USD. Even with those miles.
Spyerx said it perfectly. I would also add, what kind of upgrades have been done along the way? For top-top dollar you need to have suspension up-grade, lowered, 17 inch wheels (Cup 1 preferably), motor mounts. Has the HVAC been overhauled? Eventually they all have issues. What about oil usage, most of these cars need a valve job, even if it just smokes "on occasion" Targa top, can look good in photos, but may need $2000 restore. Point is there are so many things that come into consideration. I laugh at some of these for sale ads, with a car still running 16 inch D90's, asking all the money, when we know there is a lot of work that must be done, even though the Guards Red paint looks shiny.

I'd need to see some detailed photos of your car and list of what has been done and not yet done to really give you an accurate number.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:38 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPE911
Spyerx said it perfectly. I would also add, what kind of upgrades have been done along the way? For top-top dollar you need to have suspension up-grade, lowered, 17 inch wheels (Cup 1 preferably), motor mounts. Has the HVAC been overhauled? Eventually they all have issues. What about oil usage, most of these cars need a valve job, even if it just smokes "on occasion" Targa top, can look good in photos, but may need $2000 restore. Point is there are so many things that come into consideration. I laugh at some of these for sale ads, with a car still running 16 inch D90's, asking all the money, when we know there is a lot of work that must be done, even though the Guards Red paint looks shiny.

I'd need to see some detailed photos of your car and list of what has been done and not yet done to really give you an accurate number.
I agree there are many known issues to watch out for, but what's wrong with D-90's I am one of those that shies away from the lowered, something its not look. For me, to get top dollar, it needs to be "stock." Just a difference of opinion I suppose.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How the heck do you price a 964?