Sponsored by:

964 C2 Tiptronic 300 RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 11:54 AM
uwiik
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
The most powerful normally aspirated 964 engine is currently (or will be) mated to a tiptronic...
Originally Posted by azander
dwi,

Jason is referring to Robert Linton's beast, the America GS. Check the sticky at the top of the main 964 page. You'll find a list of what went into re-engineering his transmission.
Thanks for the info Azander, that is one sick build....I will never dream about anything remotely close to that. I would probably be long dead or bankrupt before the project take shape if I were to attempt the same trans or engine build...

I will be a happy camper if I can get close to 300 RWHP (OK 250-275 RWHP is fine..Anyone??) and I promise, I will never track the car so my tip would probably last longer than me
Old 07-04-2016, 01:48 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If you are really serious about reaching those numbers, I would suggest you call Steve Weiner at http://rennsportsystems.com, as mentioned in post #4.
Only problem is, you are in Jakarta and he is in Portland Oregon.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:22 PM
uwiik
Intermediate

I actually have him on my mind, and I am also strongly considering Ninemeister too. Like I said, I am serious buy I have budget limit on mind around 10-20k all in including shipping not a dime more.

With Ninemeister I would expect to pay more due to exchange rate but shipping things back and forth would be much cheaper and quick conpared to US.

With Steve Weiner I will be paying cheaper but shipping would be a bull.

Either way I know that most probably I will need to ship my engine to either builder. Based on people's experience here, who should I go to? Please advice.

Oh yeah, one thing. The builder being good with email is one of the really really important point to consider for me, not the only deciding factor but an important factor nonetheless. Due to my totally different time zone to US or UK, extremely busy business and exhausting work schedule, having to call instead of email to discuss every single details which I know will happen a lot is just too tiring and very inconvenient for me, I also tend to forget loads of details when calling. I know I am bound to make a call or two but I really prefer builder that is good with email. I have tried emailing Ninemeister a few weeks ago, so far no response.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2016, 11:42 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by uwiik
I actually have him on my mind, and I am also strongly considering Ninemeister too. Like I said, I am serious buy I have budget limit on mind around 10-20k all in including shipping not a dime more.
Thanks
Hi,

FWIW,...a properly done stock rebuild is $18K-$20K now, leaving little room for extensive modifications.

That said, its quite possible to get 275-285 BHP in that budget, shipping being extra.

Hope this helps,
Old 07-13-2016, 11:17 AM
uwiik
Intermediate

I am posting here to share my experience with Steve Weiner

STEVE ROCKS!!!!

I couldn't believe it, Steve replied my email in less than 24 hours, patiently answering my multiple back and forth questions without a single order confirmation from me! He kept on replying my multiple emails in less than 24 hours INCLUDING SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!! All that when he is in the middle of a very busy engine building season!!

I am very satisfied! Now instead of chasing moderate number, I have decided to ship my entire engine to Steve for approx 300 RWHP Tiptronic build that I never tought I would be willing to pay. I changed my mind on moderate build and decided to go all out and save more money first JUST because I am VERY satisfied by the way Steve handled my emails!!

Good job Steve!! Looking forward for the build and hope you are flooded heavily with order after orders, I am sure you are with that kind of service you give to your customers! YOU ROCK!!!
Old 07-29-2016, 01:08 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by haygeebaby
Dwi
Not many options. I don't think anyone has done a motec with tiptronic. Sort of waste too much time / would cost too much scenario.
Best bang for buck is TPC supercharger. I would not go beyond the stock pulley for more power as the tiptronic unit wont be able to handle it.
I went down this route with a 1994 993 tip. So feel free to ask me more questions if you like. Also the supercharge recently came off and is for sale.
Regards
Ken
Hey Ken, I sent you a PM regarding the TPC supercharger!

Neil
Old 07-30-2016, 04:52 PM
ronone10
Racer

Great to hear your engine will be in the neighborhood. I live in Seattle and it's about three hours to Portland. Curious about what you and Steve decided to do to bump up your horsepower. Care to share the details?

Ron
Old 08-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Raceboy
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have put a standalone ECU to work properly on 964 with Tiptronic. Engine is turbocharged, makes 450+hp, Tiptronic handles it well.

Quick Reply: 964 C2 Tiptronic 300 RWHP