Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts
Default FVD Brombacher – Powerful, German Made Exhaust Systems starting at just $ 1,795

In an ongoing effort make Rennlist Members aware of vast amount of parts that we carry, I wanted to share what we sell for exhaust systems.

Many may think of us as the high water mark for Porsche parts. That certainly holds true for quality but you might be surprised just how affordable we are.

We have systems without heat starting at just $ 1,795 and systems with heat starting at just $ 4,495.

FVD 964 Exhaust System Link...

Compare that to the competition and you will see that our high quality German made systems really are affordable.

*Price stated above already includes the Rennlist Discount of 10%. To get your Rennlist discount, simply go to www.fvd.net and use the Promo Code: Rhonda

Some of the systems included in the above pricing are manufactured by M&M Exhaust GmbH. They produce anything that begins with part # BES or RES. M&M’s modus operandi, racing. They are Germany’s premier racing manufacturer and have exhaust systems running in these series: Porsche® Super Cup, Carrera Cup Deutschland, ADAC GT Masters, ALMS / LMS, VLN, FIA GT, IMSA and Rallye Meistershaft. They also produce the current and past RSR, Cup R and Super Cup exhausts for Weissach. Not one of our competitors can make that same claim.

THE HEADERS SHOWN ABOVE ARE the longest tubing headers that M&M make for the 964. The length directly equates to torque in the mid-range. We have seen upwards of 35 lb. ft of torque with our software and LB2 kit on this system. When you look closely at the pictures of the headers you will see that the primary tubing is segmented and welded. It is not a single tube that is “mandrel bent” in many places. A single length mandrel bent header has been proven to crack under the severe stresses found on the race track during severe endurance events. The mandrel bending process actually stresses and thins the material by bending it around corners. Thinner walls are the weakest point and under high heat and vibration will be the first area to crack, which will lead to power loss. Our primary tubing is segmented and welded under pressure with the use of forming gas. Forming gas actually pressurizes the area being welded to create a smooth inner surface. This means that material walls in the bend are consistent and strong, ensuring reliability. But we don’t stop there, once the segmenting is completed, a tool is passed inside the header, which will actually grinds away any left-over slag. This process produces extremely durable headers with superior strength that ensures higher gas velocity and less exhaust gas restriction.

The header piping used in incorporates a 2 1/2” motorsports style merge collector. The collector smooths out exhaust flow and turbulence created from the 3 primary pipes merging into one. Collectors create more velocity, which reduces backpressure and creates torque. Many exhaust manufacturers use “pyramid style” collectors or leave raw open-ended tubes, which create massive amounts of turbulence. Pyramid style collectors do a slightly better job than a raw tube but they still force air towards the flange. Our systems collector gently guides exhaust gases from the walls of the piping towards the center and lowest point of the 2 1/2” tubing. This dramatically reduces power robbing turbulence and increases the volume of gas and gas velocity which translates into superior low end and mid-range torque.

THE EXHAUST CONNECTIONS are “AERO QUIP” connections. These “AERO QUIP” connections reduce weight as they only use one bolt and nut versus 3 found on most header / cat flanges. They also keep increase gas volume and gas velocity constant as the tubing diameter is kept consistent.

THE CATS can be excluded, 100 or ask us about adding 200 if you prefer. The cats are the highest quality HJS Tri-Metallics "HF" series. They are some of the most efficient and long lasting in the industry.

THE MUFFLER is vastly different than the common baffle plated mufflers stuffed with packing material that are common in the aftermarket. Ours are uniquely made with double perforated sound absorption tubes based on the Halbgegenstromprinzip (half counter current principle). The acoustic silencer absorption tubes are made in a trapezoidal pattern and are perforated with varying diameters, which isolate and dampen the unwanted frequencies that create drone. These perforated tubes present much less flow restriction than baffle plates at higher gas velocities, and consequently translates into larger horsepower and torque gains throughout the entire rev range. The resulting sound exhibited is a sonorous, linear-firing-order dominated flat 6 Porsche® sound, which also gurgles and crackles off throttle. It is the closest to a Cup Car sound in nature.

THE EXHAUST TIP or tips are 4.5” oval design and are double walled to dissipate heat, which means that it won’t tarnish as quickly as single walled tips. The design fits the factory cut out in the bumper perfectly and is mounted via the “Aero-Quip” ball style-connecting joint so it can be perfectly adjusted and centered.

All of the points made above are far more time consuming to manufacture and add expense to our products. But we choose these methods to ensure maximum horsepower gains throughout a broad power band; all while maintaining reasonable sound levels with an exotic exhaust note that is purely Porsche®.

Should you have any questions, feel free to pm or email me.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Last edited by Rhonda@FVD; 02-09-2016 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:00 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

How about a sound clip?
Old 02-03-2016, 07:26 PM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
[COLOR="Blue"][CENTER][SIZE="3"]...affordable.. systems with heat starting at just $ 4,495.
...or recalibration
Old 02-03-2016, 09:37 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Can't understand the difference between heat and no heat more than double ??!!

Last edited by kos11-12; 02-04-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Madturk
Three Wheelin'

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Sound interesting but expensive. I would too like to hear a sound clip.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:29 AM
PAOLOP
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The system on photo is M&M, big $$$ also w/o heat.
The system @ 1795 $ is another planet.....
Old 02-04-2016, 08:35 AM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

The best system is the one with longer headers And 42 mm OD primary pipes , but this one is much more expensive .....
Like on the pictures above .
Old 02-04-2016, 09:25 AM
Mikke_Possu
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I have this system (with heat+100cats+double outlet) and highly recommend. Since it's winter here I'm not able to take sound clip but I change sounds much more than cup pipe modification. More sharp sounds than typical 964. Also it's quite lightweight system.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by K964
How about a sound clip?
We have over 13 different systems, unfortunately I don’t have clips for all but here are a few links…

Our entry level system:

Ammo NYC – Larry Kosilla’s 964:

A Rennlist Members Car:

A German Client’s Car:

Originally Posted by FeralComprehension
...or recalibration
Sorry can’t help you with the re calibration. The systems that are with heat that start at $ 4,495 are made by M&M Exhaust, GmbH. They are the premier racing manufacturer in Germany and also supply Porsche Motorports, Callaway Corvette, etc. They are known as some of the most powerful exhausts produced and are a pretty penny. A system from the competition is around $ 3,795 for a full system. Our entry level system with heat is $ 4,495. That is only $ 700 more for a motorsports grade system. Feel the power difference between the two and you will know that you have spent your money wisely.

Originally Posted by kos11-12
Can't understand the difference between heat and no heat more than double ??!!
They are manufactured by 2 different suppliers. Our entry level systems are made Germany and are mostly machine made with T304 versus our premium grade M&M systems which are hand made with T316 stainless. Just look at the text that I posted above and you will see the difference in manufacturing techniques.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:34 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Just took a look at your range, the first ones ... Personally I think they are note a great improvement compare to stock, they look nice tho.
I guess this is a good system if it has the 42 OD primaries, sorry but still think it is expensive ... BES 964 001 00S
Old 02-04-2016, 02:59 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

i know this car. It was parked in round about one kilometer from my place away and was owend from a good friend of mine. I also know an other M&M header system with cat and heat on a 964. I did the bolt on job on the car. I would not recommend the M&M system, because i`ve seen the dyno results from a fresh build (ruf) stock M64 with the M&M and MAF. Not that super cool. The car from the youtube vid was (is) a monster, but it has a completely tweaked engine and short G64 box :-)

There are other M64 header systems out there, i would prefere (fuchs, tusche, dw...)

regards
Old 02-04-2016, 11:10 PM
Madturk
Three Wheelin'

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Holy ****... Never heard a more proper 964. I've got nothing but envy.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kos11-12
Just took a look at your range, the first ones ...
I completely respect your opinion and thank you for taking a look at what we offer. Certainly our exhaust won’t suit everyone. I just wanted to share what other exhaust options American 964 owners have.
Originally Posted by koenig_roland
i know this car. It was parked in round about one kilometer from my place…
Did the owner or yourself approach M&M or FVD in Germany about the results? M&M is very serious about making power, feedback and customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. So please, if you haven’t contacted them already let me know and I will be happy to do so for you. We have always had very good results with their exhaust so perhaps your friend may have an issue. Something we would certainly like to solve for them.

In regards to the other systems, they are more prevalent in Europe. FVD Germany deals with Mr. Fuchs, excellent products. Unfortunately, we don’t see a lot of the Fuch’s, Tusche, etc. here. The cost is on another level (for us) so it makes it a bit more tough to compete in the U.S. with those products.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:11 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

Did the owner or yourself approach M&M or FVD in Germany about the results? M&M is very serious about making power, feedback and customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. So please, if you haven’t contacted them already let me know and I will be happy to do so for you. We have always had very good results with their exhaust so perhaps your friend may have an issue. Something we would certainly like to solve for them.
my buddy sold the car last summer when he got his GT4. Now, it is still in munich, but in don`t know the current owner. His car had a fully tweaked engine and the mapping was done by one of the big guys in the porsche dyno scene here in germany. I think it was VGS or Ansgar Wiesn... The car was quite good on power, but it was far far to load, had a bad drone and the heat was quite weak (the silver flex-pipes were a "wearing-part").

The other guy: we had to drill a much bigger hole in one of the flanges, because of the fittment was so poor. But we had to do it, because we removed the OEM exhaust already and it was not his lift and not his place. So we were in a hurry. After successful fitment, it sounds (still) good (but also problematic with loudness at some german race-tracks). Heat is good, but the flexi pipes are also weak on his system - he did his own solution recently.

On the dyno, he was very surprised. But not so positive. 10kkm old ruf engine (stock) with maf and he had round about 290PS on the paper...

If we would not have other solutions here in germany, i`d not have posted my statement yesterday. But here in germany, you`ve the choise with different existing 964 solutions. The M&M system would not be on the upper ranking on my shortlist or would not be on my shortlist at all. DW-technik does a superb exhaust for the same money with good power results. Fuchs is a extraordinary high-quality product, but a little bit more expensive. Tusche (the system is on my blue car) is a little bit cheaper and makes more power, has a better collector design and has silencers, so you could modify the loudness...
Old 02-05-2016, 09:43 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Interesting info Thilo ,

Rhonda
Thanks for your comment, I may consider your offer,
I live between UK and France , and spend a week every months in NY for work , so that gives me a few options to shop for an exhaust system ,

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher – Powerful, German Made Exhaust Systems starting at just $ 1,795