Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBi Autosport Lightweight 3.8 Liter Engine Build for Magnus Walker's 964 Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 02:10 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jjm4life
^^ thanks for the business lesson...
Apologies, my reply wasn't meant to be taken in that way. I believe he's passive in his online interactions. In his old Pelican thread for example he barely really replied, mainly just posted.

I agree, would of course be great if he posted here.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:36 PM
964Q
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Saw this car at the LA Auto Show. The color was one of my favorite things about it. I'm looking forward to seeing this car in a nighttime DTLA run.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:32 PM
onevoice
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jjm4life
.......I don't think anyone makes a fuss about it.
I'm not trying to call him out of the dark. It's not like he's some reclusive, quite the opposite in fact. It would be interesting to have him contribute to the 964 forum though. ......
He has posted in the past, and some find the anonymity of the internet to be the perfect vehicle to criticize and harangue, or otherwise show how much more brilliant they are than him. Much the same happens to anyone famous or in the spotlight. I am not remotely interesting, and I hide behind a screen name because some a-hole I disagreed with on another forum harassed me. I can't imagine how it is for someone with a public face. It is kind of surprising that we have business owners that interact on the forums because of how easy it is to get drawn into pissing matches.

As far as twitter goes, I doubt he does the posting. It is business. I have a friend in the literary world that does all the twitter posts for several authors. It insulates them from all the criticism, and takes the emotion out of getting in discussions with followers. As cheap as a twitter poster can be hired, any celebrity is stupid for doing it themselves. Keeps them from making fools of themselves.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:23 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by onevoice
He has posted in the past, and some find the anonymity of the internet to be the perfect vehicle to criticize and harangue, or otherwise show how much more brilliant they are than him. Much the same happens to anyone famous or in the spotlight. I am not remotely interesting, and I hide behind a screen name because some a-hole I disagreed with on another forum harassed me. I can't imagine how it is for someone with a public face. It is kind of surprising that we have business owners that interact on the forums because of how easy it is to get drawn into pissing matches.

As far as twitter goes, I doubt he does the posting. It is business. I have a friend in the literary world that does all the twitter posts for several authors. It insulates them from all the criticism, and takes the emotion out of getting in discussions with followers. As cheap as a twitter poster can be hired, any celebrity is stupid for doing it themselves. Keeps them from making fools of themselves.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:58 PM
SpeedCityLes
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Passin along a fun interview with MW. Spent part of a day with him on my last visit to LA. I hope you enjoy it.

speedcitypodcastDOTcom/speedcast-149-magnus-walker/
Old 08-01-2017, 05:17 PM
FlyingDutchman
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pass CA smog test

how does this car/engine pass CA smog tests? Magnus lives in LA...

Quick Reply: BBi Autosport Lightweight 3.8 Liter Engine Build for Magnus Walker's 964 Project