peter_jansen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Asking $37k.........

Name:  photo883.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  575.7 KB

Hard to believe some of the pricing.

Last edited by peter_jansen; 10-02-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Boeing 717

Received 262 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by peter_jansen
Asking $37k.........

Attachment 978234

Hard to believe some of the pricing.
That's ****ing retarded.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Boeing 717

How bout this one?

http://www.excellence-mag.com/classi...8#.Vg8ibzZdGoA
Old 10-02-2015, 10:46 PM
peter_jansen
Instructor

Holy smokes.

Last edited by peter_jansen; 10-02-2015 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:04 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I hate pretty much everything happening right now in the air-cooled market. I want the trendwhoring to stop. I want the bubble to pop.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:01 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandit
I hate pretty much everything happening right now in the air-cooled market. I want the trendwhoring to stop. I want the bubble to pop.
I actually think we are done. The cash grabs are being seen for what they are; for profit "tribute", RWB and singer wannabes trying to make a quick load of cash. It was obvious at rennsport.

The clean low mile, low production cars will always have value but I think we've seen the top of this current craziness. Things are softening, I think your going to see things plateau and drop a bit now. Turbo S, cups, euro RS, speedster and lightweights will always bring top money, regular turbos, RSA, America/wide bodies will settle back down. Good clean drivers will reset accordingly, and crap? Well it's always been worth crap.

I predict your going to see a fire sale on all these "tuner" cars over the next 6-8 months. Enthusiast cars built by enthusiast to enjoy? Well those are priceless....
Old 10-03-2015, 09:15 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,165 Posts

Originally Posted by J richard
I actually think we are done. The cash grabs are being seen for what they are; for profit "tribute", RWB and singer wannabes trying to make a quick load of cash. It was obvious at rennsport.

The clean low mile, low production cars will always have value but I think we've seen the top of this current craziness. Things are softening, I think your going to see things plateau and drop a bit now. Turbo S, cups, euro RS, speedster and lightweights will always bring top money, regular turbos, RSA, America/wide bodies will settle back down. Good clean drivers will reset accordingly, and crap? Well it's always been worth crap.

I predict your going to see a fire sale on all these "tuner" cars over the next 6-8 months. Enthusiast cars built by enthusiast to enjoy? Well those are priceless....

I do agree we will see a settling out of most cars but I would not exclude the RSA, Turbo. America Roadsters or any low production number cars that are in clean condition. I would not be surprised if good low mileage condition 92-94 C2's will bring at a min original MSRP if not more.

There are still a lot of people that are willing to pay up for these older cars for the driving experience and exclusivity. I saw a very nice 95 993 that had 50k miles that was once a tip converted to a 6 speed and had a turbo S package on it sell for $65k. I had to stop and scratch my head but it was a pretty well maintained car but the frenzy is not over yet at least not around here.

Everytime I go to one of these multi marque mini car events inevitably someone stops in driving their SUV and targets my C2 specifically looking for the owner. I can usually tell from a distance they want to ask if it is for sale and i avoid them it has become so annoying. Offering me $65k for a 93 C2 is nothing when you pull up in your $90k escalade or fully loaded G55 MB wearing your overpriced Ferrari or Porsche swag and Rolex. Most of these guys just want at any price but they are only looking for clean unique cars.

Asking $37k for smashed 3.2 is just nuts I think the days of this will soon be gone people will buy it to restore but not at these prices if they have any sense at all.

What I find most interesting is that the sales of the new Lambos, Ferrari's and any new overpriced exotic are way down. Those buyers are now shopping for vintage cars instead since that is what brings most of the attention lately. The new stuff has become boring and a dime a dozen.

PS backdated RS clones are very in right now and have been selling like hot cakes around here. Easily fetching 6 figures for a modified SC to look like a true RS.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:56 PM
Pichu
Instructor

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/...ationFlag=true

Too bad she's a Tip! But 1991, 54K Miles, Red, Tip, C2, ROW, $39K Cad = 30K USD
Old 10-04-2015, 05:59 PM
zygomatic
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

"I hate pretty much everything happening right now in the air-cooled market. I want the trendwhoring to stop. I want the bubble to pop.
I actually think we are done. The cash grabs are being seen for what they are; for profit "tribute", RWB and singer wannabes trying to make a quick load of cash. It was obvious at rennsport."

Those of us who are looking for an honest 964 at a decent price hope you're right
Old 10-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Boeing 717

Originally Posted by zygomatic
"I hate pretty much everything happening right now in the air-cooled market. I want the trendwhoring to stop. I want the bubble to pop.
I actually think we are done. The cash grabs are being seen for what they are; for profit "tribute", RWB and singer wannabes trying to make a quick load of cash. It was obvious at rennsport."

Those of us who are looking for an honest 964 at a decent price hope you're right
Yup, I think crashed cars for high dollars and pieces of **** for high dollars are hopefully an indication that this can't continue much longer. I agree with Cobalt that the "special" cars will continue to climb but I hope that average every day 964's will flatten out or come down. Of course after I own one I will hope they go back up 😜
Old 10-04-2015, 11:06 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Why would the air cooled 911 market cool off?

If cars are getting harder to find and values are pushing higher, what will catalyze a reversal or leveling off of value? Other than global currency fluctuations making cars more expensive to international buyers, I don't see a reason for demand to fall. I only see demand increasing as it seems people are valuing the purity of the 911 more than ever. I see lots of reasons for demand to strengthen but actually none for weakening.

I see the current market as less of an anomaly than the previous era. Buying great condition, driver quality air cooled 911s for prices sub $25,000 was great while it lasted, but it's not coming back. I think the current market is the new normal and most likely advancing, albeit perhaps at a slower pace, from here.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:36 PM
Earlydays
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

+1
Old 10-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Super90
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmistry
Buying great condition, driver quality air cooled 911s for prices sub $25,000 was great while it lasted, but it's not coming back.
This is the same as what happened with 356's starting 15-20 years ago. Look what's happened there. I remember near perfect Speedsters going for $40-$50k. Crazy expensive, so it seemed. Coupes that were near perfect for $20k. Now those cars are 5x to 10x those prices.

Also, back then you could pick up early an early 911S for $15-20k. An early 911T was boring, slow, and not worth bothering with. Now look at them.

Might the velocity of the run slow, or even soften for a bit? Sure, but in the long run, these cars won't be at those prices again. We'll be talking about this just like I talk about my S-90 Coupe. "Wow, those were the days !!"
Old 10-05-2015, 12:50 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmistry
Why would the air cooled 911 market cool off?
Speculation has driven much of the current run up. Once the easy money flipping or down and dirty "resto mods" is drying up and the profit margins getting thinner half of the current demand will disappear and prices will fall accordingly. That will happen quickly, look what happened in the muscle car market a few years back. Same thing. There is less of a margin in selling clean low mile limited edition cars so they tend to be more stable, but the run of the mill cars bought at reasonable rates, pimped up and resold as something "special" will herald the "pop"....or in this case the slow leak from the balloon...
Old 10-05-2015, 02:45 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,728 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I have a hard time with the muscle car comparison for a few reasons:
-the 911 has true worldwide appeal, muscle cars cater much more to a North American market
-they drive like crap, nothing like a 911
-They made a CRAPLOAD of them, just gto numbers for example
http://www.drivinithome.com/gto-production-numbers/
-the 911 is truly iconic and that drives the appeal more broadly than muscle cars

Do I think this run up continues at this pace? Nope. Do I see a massive sell off and bottom falling out? Nope. Softening? Maybe, but all markets ebb and flow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: REALISTIC 964 C2 Coupe values