964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting Issue Oil P, Oil Temp.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Interesting Issue Oil P, Oil Temp.

This past weekend at Road Atlanta I was getting strange readings from both my Oil Pressure and my Oil Temp gauges. At idle/ low RPM the reading was close to normal - once I moved into higher RPM the OIL P was well above the 5 bar to the stop ( normally is right at 5) and the Oil temp was at about 10 or 10:30 and is normally at 7 or 8. When I would come back in the temp would drop back down to the normal range almost right away but Oil pressure would remain 2 to 3 bars higher than normal - idle norm is 2 bar - it was at 4.
I am thinking I have a ground fault. The last thing I did in the instrument panel area was to remove 3 warning lights from the clock 3 days before - cab top warning, seat belt warning and air bag warning. For some reason the last 2 decided to come on earlier in the week - so know that there are electrical issues in the system some place. I don't have stock seat belts anymore (removed), but do have the airbags still in the car.
Just thought i would throw out to see if anyone has had the same issue or has an idea of problem before I start playing chase the wire. Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interesting Issue Oil P, Oil Temp.