Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member! First time Porsche owner

Old 07-01-2015, 09:44 AM
18T_BT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ggg20t
funny you bring that up, I reached out to the previous owner last evening about the original radio. I might actually install it back into the car just for the sake of originality.

I think the key to finding gems is to make friends with as many people as you can in the car community. I found this car through a friend of a friends, father. In fact, i met the initial friend through an Audi group. Takes years of patience and not impulse buying another one

What did you get into after the audi? I had a hard time giving mine up

I am sure WDVE will still work on the Blaupunkt ;-) Yeah, I am not impulse buying, I am looking for the right car for me. I started out looking at 996TT's and now I am here in 964 land. I don't need a daily hence why I got rid of the TT. This will replace the Audi.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Sleepy996
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats and you snagged a insane deal.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:30 AM
ggg20t
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Congratulations and welcome! That was a very clean B5 S4 that you owned. I'm sure the new owner loves it. You'll love your new Pcar. If you have any questions or need any help be sure to ask!

-Luccia
Hi Luccia,

Thank you! I'm sure i will be ordering a few things from Pelican very soon.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:34 AM
dsan
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase, it really was a steal in today's market! Very quickly you'll find out why there's such a cult following for these. Nothing on the road today drives like a 964 imo.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:34 AM
ggg20t
Intermediate

Talking

Originally Posted by 18T_BT
I am sure WDVE will still work on the Blaupunkt ;-) Yeah, I am not impulse buying, I am looking for the right car for me. I started out looking at 996TT's and now I am here in 964 land. I don't need a daily hence why I got rid of the TT. This will replace the Audi.

hahahah yea, WDVE will rock hard through that. Maybe i can locate some old John, Dave, Bubba, Shelly recordings - they would be right at home on the Blaupunkt lol.

Good luck with your search. If i run into any more up here in Pittsburgh, I'll refer it back to you. AutoPalace porsche in Pittsburgh has been getting a few 964's in every six months or so. They recently had a slate gray one, but it appears to be sold already. I would suggest keeping an eye on their website
Old 07-01-2015, 10:45 AM
ggg20t
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dsan
Congrats on the new purchase, it really was a steal in today's market! Very quickly you'll find out why there's such a cult following for these. Nothing on the road today drives like a 964 imo.
Thank you!

It is surprising how well balanced the car feels being that its 26 years old. I've only put about 150 miles on mine so far (mostly back roads) and i honestly cannot believe how well these cars drive. Granted i come from Audi where the engines are bolted to the front bumper haha, but still - they instill a lot of confidence in the driver.

Originally Posted by Sleepy996
Congrats and you snagged a insane deal.
Thank you sir!
Old 07-01-2015, 11:35 AM
DobermanDad
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Agreed, what I like about them is you don't want to get out of them.

When I first got mine I drove it from Southern Indiana all the way to my house in Michigan. Just over a 5 hour trip and I didn't want to get out of the car when I made it town. 5 hours wasn't enough.

My girlfriend always knows when I say I'm gonna take the car around the block really quick to check something I worked on, I'm not coming back for like an hour LOL!
Old 07-01-2015, 12:36 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by ggg20t
...It is surprising how well balanced the car feels being that its 26 years old. I've only put about 150 miles on mine so far (mostly back roads) and i honestly cannot believe how well these cars drive...
So true.

Now you have a greater understanding of the quote in my sig.

"“The thing about a Porsche 911 is that it doesn’t even feel like a car. It feels like an instrument. A tool for extracting speed out of a road. Not so much something you drive as it is something you operate.”

I'm always learning something from this car, it makes me want to be better driver.

Originally Posted by DobermanDad
Agreed, what I like about them is you don't want to get out of them.

When I first got mine I drove it from Southern Indiana all the way to my house in Michigan. Just over a 5 hour trip and I didn't want to get out of the car when I made it town. 5 hours wasn't enough...
+1 I've come back from road trips and pulled into the garage thinking I could turn around a drive some more... I love the seats.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Beautiful car and a heck of a deal
Congratulations and enjoy in good health.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:46 PM
ludwigsz
Intermediate

Default new guy on the block

hi,
new to the forum as a (paying) member, although I've spent hours appreciating the knowledge being shared here.
in the mean time i want to share this 964 c4 project.
although i love road and track racing, this particular 964 is for on and off road.
16 inch rims (still looking ET55, need to fit 993 turbo calipers) fat tires, high stance.
colors umbra grau (ral 7022) and black.
minimalistic interior.
engine and transmission and suspension modifications in the works.
carbon frunk lid motor cover and doors.
brakes etc etc.
the car will be registered in Belgium, but she will be all over the place, i hope, one day.
rims input welcome.

thanks,
Ludwig
Attached Images         
Old 07-04-2015, 08:09 AM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's crazy. I love a ducktail.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member! First time Porsche owner