Sponsored by:

Wanted: air temp mixing flap motors

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 02:29 AM
Freya
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: air temp mixing flap motors

Both of the motors for my air temperature mixing flaps are shot. Does anyone have a couple for sale? If so contact: jerrygarwick@aol.com.

Thanks.

Jerry G
Old 05-26-2015, 07:44 PM
urquattro20Vt
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

I assume you are referring to the mixing servos. correct?
PARTisan Autoteile in Germany will fix yours. I just posted about my [good] experience with him a few weeks ago. For the same price as a used servo (that who knows how long it will last) you can have yours rebuilt with new motor and PCB board.

No affiliation - just a satisfied customer.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Freya
Intermediate

Thanks, Brandon. Yes, the mixing servos. Both of my tiny motors are working, but the PCB board are shot. I am also leary of "used" electric parts simply because if mine wore out, the "used" ones will also. And for the price people want, I'm not willing to go there. Also, new ones will set me back around $1,000 for the two. I suspect that these servos will become more in demand as our cars age. I'll contact PARTisan Autoteile, thanks to your suggestion.

Jerry G
Old 05-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Freya
Intermediate

Brandon; next small problem. Will you please give me PARTisan Autoteile's web site. I can only find a vodka ad.

Jerry G
Old 05-27-2015, 07:04 PM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try here. Alles auf Deutsch...
Old 05-28-2015, 01:56 PM
Freya
Intermediate

Thanks, Feral

I contacted a German friend and he spoke to the company located in Munich. Very friendly, he said. The company will send a "kit" to me in the US for 200 euros, per unit, that includes new pc boards and motors. That will save me sending the old units to Germany and having them fixed and sent back. The disassembly/reassembly is a piece of cake. A great source for a "new" set of air temp mixing motor units.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:02 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Freya
Thanks, Feral

I contacted a German friend and he spoke to the company located in Munich. Very friendly, he said. The company will send a "kit" to me in the US for 200 euros, per unit, that includes new pc boards and motors. That will save me sending the old units to Germany and having them fixed and sent back. The disassembly/reassembly is a piece of cake. A great source for a "new" set of air temp mixing motor units.
Once they are out of the car only takes 10 minutes on a slow day to replace the insides. I got 2 used ones for $100 5 years ago and they are still going strong.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:03 AM
Freya
Intermediate

The "used" ones are now going for a lot more than $100. For the concern that the used ones will not be alive much longer, I believe that the rebuilt servos with new parts are a logical choice for me. I think these are going to wear out for quite a few of the 964s on our site.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:25 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Freya
The "used" ones are now going for a lot more than $100. For the concern that the used ones will not be alive much longer, I believe that the rebuilt servos with new parts are a logical choice for me. I think these are going to wear out for quite a few of the 964s on our site.
yea I was lucky and got a good pair. I hold my breath every year when i use them for the first time hoping they still work. Defiantly would do the rebuild if need next time. Its a crap shot on getting good ones used.

Quick Reply: Wanted: air temp mixing flap motors