Sponsored by:

First 964 - Pre Purchase Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:24 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by ryry
Tires – Check (I’m thinking I’ll replace all four – fresh start!). Suggestions on preferred brands for this pcar?
The tire type will depend on what you have planned for the car, street only, street/track, summer, rain, snow, etc... I'm about to replace mine and after doing some research on the 964 and 993 boards, I'll most likely go with the Sumitomo HTRZ III. Other popular brands are BFGoodrich g-Force Rival, Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08, Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec, Continental ExtremeContact DW, Bridgestone SO2, and of course Michelin PS2.

Seller price is firm at $36k. Would you agree this appears within market value?
Solid PPI, right color combo, interior is clean and seems to have been refurbished at some point, price is right given the current market. I'm sure the line has already formed behind you in case you pass on it.

Vehicle is a manual with 120k fully documented miles (window sticker included).

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a COA for used vehicles? Or, will Porsche only provide that documentation at the time of the vehicle being newly purchased?
I have let a couple vehicle slip through my fingers because I stalled…so, while I’m being cautious, I’m also very eager to get out and motor!
Here are a couple seller photos. If all goes well, I’ll take delivery this weekend!
COAs are not always accurate and why pay for a piece of paper that tells you what you already know or can find out on your own for free, especially since you have the Monroney label. Save your $100, not worth getting for a 964 IMO.

Good looking vehicle and if you like it, don't hesitate to get it.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:34 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LouZ
He is Referring to the power steering pump.

I also had a leak and used Lucas. That was over seven years ago, and still dry! It is worth the $7.50 for a bottle to see if that fixes it.
My Bad. Could help if i actually read the opening post correctly. Don't mind me
Old 04-24-2015, 06:47 PM
ryry
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks guys for all the input! I have made a list of additional questions and points for review, thanks to your guidance.

I check-out the car tomorrow! It is going to be tough to sleep tonight!

Quick Reply: First 964 - Pre Purchase Inspection